Creative Writing Contest: A Gym Leader Battle (1st May - 1st June)

Noad

[spoiler]
Finally I defeat the seventh gym leader in Cinnabar Island, now I was going to pallet town to talk with my mother and tell her the notice when I enter in my house my mom received me and then began to cook an cake when I tell her that I have 7 badges she gave me a hug and told me that the gym in viridian city was open since yesterday, then I decided that I would go the next day to viridian city to defeat the gym leader and get the eighth  gym badge , then later in my bed I was thinking about who would be the gym leader but nothing got to my mind so I let that the destiny surprise me.
I awoke and I take my things then I go to viridian in my bicycle when I arrived all the town was alone but I don’t put attention I just wanted to defeat the gym leader and reclaim my reward when I enter the gym all the place was dark, then the lights turn on and a familiar voice says to me:
???.- Finally you get here.
Edgar .- that voice
???.- You don’t remember sliph co. !!
Edgar.- Giovanni!
Giovanni.- well  Edgar this battle was intended to occur this is my home and I can’t lose here so Edgar prepare to pay for all because !THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE! GO! KANGASKHAN! Mega punch!
Edgar.-GO! PIKACHU! Iron tail
My Pikachu cannot defeat kangaskhan but its iron tail hit it but the mega punch of kangaskhan was so powerful then I called my snorlax to battle.
Edgar.- Pikachu! NO!
Giovanni.- your Pikachu is too weak it doesn’t deserves to battle
Edgar.- Shut up! Snorlax GO! Use yawn!
Giovanni.- hmm Kangaskhan hyper beam!
My Snorlax resisted the hyper beam then the yawn has effect.
Edgar.-Now its my turn Snorlax use head-butt!
Giovanni.-No! Kangaskhan wake up!
Edgar.- Now Snorlax use hyper beam!
My Snorlax defeated kangaskhan, but it was too weak too keep fighting
Giovanni.- GO!  Dugtrio!
Edgar.-Focus punch!
Giovanni.- I don’t think so dugtrio use drill peck!
My Snorlax was defeated but no matter what happened I would not lose
Edgar.-Snorlax!
Giovanni.- give up kid if you keep fighting you pokemon will going to die
Edgar.- Never! I and my pokemons never surrender! GO! Acanine!
Giovanni.- Dugtrio use tri attack
Edgar.- Arcanine Extremespeed!
My arcanine tackle dugtrio and it was furious
Edgar.- Arcanine FIRE BLAST!
Arcanine knock out dugtrio
Giovanni.- return dugtrio… GO! Ryhorn! Use rollout!
Arcanine flame wheel
Giovanni.- hmm. NOW! MEGA HORN !
Edgar.- oh no!
Giovanni.- now use drill peck!
My arcanine was defeated for first time I was loosing but then my pokeballs being to shake so I continue fighting.
Edgar.- Vaporeon! GO! Use surf!
Giovanni.- protect!
Edgar.- Vaporeon hydro pump!
Giovanni.- Ryhorn no!  Youre making me angry kid! Go! Nidoqueen!
Edgar.- (that nidoqueen has a tremendous power) Vaporeon waterfall!
Giovanni.- hmm that’s all? Nidoqueen! use superpower!
Edgar.- vaporeon are you alright!?
Both.- Hyper Beam!
But nidoqueen’s hyper beam defeat vaporeon’s hyper beam
Giovanni.- just 2 pokemon each other soo lets finish this choose your next pokemon!
Edgar.- Go! Venusaur! Use sunny day!
Giovanni.- come on nidoqueen get up!
Edgar.- Frenzy plant!
Giovanni’s nidoqueen resist the frenzy plant I was in trouble
Giovanni.-nidoqueen use dig!
Edgar.- PERFECT! Venusaur Earthquake !
Giovanni.-No! nidoqueen! Hyperbeam!
Edgar.- Solarbeam!!
Nidoqueen was defeated by venusaur but it have 1 pokemon left
Giovanni.- I didn’t expected you to get this far but now you lose is inminent GO! NIDOKING! USE Poison sting!
Edgar.- Quick venusaur use lech seed!
My venusaur was defeated by nidoking that pokemon power was tremendous more powerful than nidoqueen I was thinking about give up but then I hear a growl I was from my pokeball my first pokemon my friend and partner wasn’t gave up  so I do the same
Edgar.- im counting on you GO! CHARIZARD!
Giovanni.- double kick !
Edgar.- flamethrower !
The flamethrower causes a burn in nidoking but its double kick hit my charizard
Edgar.-(the sunny day of venusaur is still there thank you friend) prepare yourself charizard
Giovanni.- rock slide!
Edgar.- Charizard are you okay!?
Giovanni.- I told you kid give up now or your pokemon will experience a world of pain!
Edgar.- hmm we’re just starting
Giovanni.- DOUBLE KICK!
Edgar.- Now Seismic toss!
But it was too resistant
Giovanni.- Hmm Hyper Beam!
Edgar.- WHAT!?
Giovanni.- your charizard is too weak
Edgar.- you don’t expect its special ability BLAZE! CHARIZARD USE OVERHEAT
Giovanni.- WHAT!? NO!!!!!
Finally I defeated Giovanni I was happy finally I can go to the indigo plateu
Giovanni.- but I was defeating you how your pokemon resist my hyperbeam!?
Edgar.- its because my pokemon never give up and they work together , venusaur used sunny day and with my charizard special ability blaze the overeat attack was too powerful
Giovanni.- but my hyperbeam must defeat your charizard
Edgar.-Hmm you forget about the leech seed of venusaur
Giovanni.- hmm you deserve this badge you and all your pokemon Now go defeat the elite 4 and became a champion I know you can do it
Edgar. This isn’t a goodbye Giovanni we will fight again someday
Giovanni.- I’ll be waiting
Then  after that battle i went to the indigo plateu to challenge the elite four and became a league champion
[/spoiler]

IGN: Edgarb

Edited by edgarbg1
Added spoilers

I have created a newspaper article.

IGN: Tarll

[spoiler]Tarll - Chuck: The « disappointing » battle of the century

The Challenger, Tarll, remained unbeaten, unifying the category of simple battles without really being impressive against Chuck this night.

Tarll still managed his business well and stays the undeniable master of single fights. He will receive 3,720 pokedollars for winning, even though he wasn't that impressive during his duel with Chuck, Saturday in Cianwood City. As largely waited, “the clash of the century” between the two best champions of their generation, ended up with a point count after that the twelve pokemons were finally used.

Tarll was declared victorious unanimously from the judges (1 pokémon to 0) and signs his 28th victory in a row. However, the announcement of his victory did not cause an overflow of enthusiasm through the crowd. Eventhough he may present himself as the best pokemon trainer of all times, Tarll, 22 years old, is not a spectacular trainer, but a very skillfull defensive trainer, master in the art of imposing his own rhythm in battles.

“Boring...”

This Sunday, a lot of spectators and trainers confessed they were disappointed by the fight. The ex-champion of the world, the Frenchman Counther as an example, commentator of the match for Team SNOW, said himself disappointed.
"It's a pity the two trainers did not really show their true potential. This duel was finally tedious, maybe too strategic for the most part of us”, he confessed.

Faithful to his not so spectacular practices, Tarll made the difference with his Gardevoir and by countering his opponent who was much more offensive than him, but less precise. The 22 years old French hurt Chuck after 108 attacks of any kind, against 81 blows arrived at destination for Chuck.

Without forgetting that Chuck acknowledged after the match which his hitmonchan got injured at the shoulder during the training - a wound which awoke at the third attack -, so that the fight could have been pushed back.

“I showed that I was smarter”

“Chuck did what he had to do, he gave all what he had, he showed that he was strong, but I showed that I was smarter.”, explained Tarll at his exit of the arena.

He's holding now the Wing, Insect, Plain, Phantom and Shock badges . Only 3 badges and he'll be able to face Elite four.

(382 words)[/spoiler]

IGN: RoseNeko

[spoiler]
"Whew, that was quite troublesome."

Destrik was quite satisfied with his victory against the second trainer in the Peddlestone Regional Gym. He had just beaten the fourth gym on his path towards challenging the Pokemon Champion, and this was the fifth to fall. The reason for his journey? He wanted to chase his father, who ran off one day exclaiming, "There are many things that will excite you, but nothing like a pokemon battle!" Only 4 days passed before his missing father appeared on the Paukiz News under the heading 'New Pokemon Champion Appears!' Unlike most kids however, Destrik wasn't disappointed at his father for leaving him and his mother to pursue the title of Pokemon Champion. He was actually very curious. Curious as to why this man, a father who loved his family with all his being, would suddenly leave all that behind to have a few pokemon battles. Was it really that fun? He was only five when his father left, and at the age of six, he tried out his first pokemon battle. It was against the class ace, Surge, known by many as 'Sekky.' The two at that point were called 'The Prodigies of The Century.' It was at that moment that Destrik finally discovered the joys of having a pokemon battle. It was a thrilling yet terrifying experience. Destrik finally understood the fun of bonding with his pokemon whilst battling other trainers with their own individual bonds, yet he also found out about the responsibility one had to take care of their pokemon during the battle. However, the excitement far outweighed the cons. Thus in only 2 days, he had gone to four cities and beat their gym leaders. Now, he was about to get his fifth, which would mark the 'over half-way mark' of his journey. 

"Gym leader of Peddlestone, I challenge you to a pokemon battle–Don't back ou–...?!"

As Destrik ran up the stairs to the podium, he caught glimpse of a familiar face staring down at him. At once, he realized that it was Surge, the very one who was Destrik's rival during his preschool years.

"Yo, Destrik. Finally caught up, haven-cha."

Destrik was quite surprised, to the point of being speechless. He never expected his childhood rival, of all people, to be his fifth challenge. However, he got over it momentarily and returned to his usual behavior.

"You've been a gym leader all this time, Sekky? Now this is a surprise! Haha! Nevertheless, a gym leader is a gym leader. Surge! I challenge you, as a trainer aiming to take the top of the food chain, to a battle!"

Surge seemed very amused at Destrik's challenge as he looked down from his podium.

'Very well, Destrik. However, you may find me a tad harder than the others you've faced!"

This exclamation brought great excitement to Destrik. He was getting pretty bored of facing gym leaders that were too easy for him. The fact that this gym leader was not only someone he knew, but a person known as 'The Electric Famine,' was firing him up. Destrik took his stance while the gym leader prepared himself.

The battle began with an explosion. The smell of ozone filled the air as a Jolteon, zipping left and right at such a high speed only trained professionals could track, headed towards Destrik's Graveler. Destrik was very calm, as he knew Jolteon's prioritized electric moves could not affect Graveler. However, his face contorted to a look of shock as Jolteon did not use an electric move...but a water move. Destrik would later learn that the move used against his Graveler was 'Hidden Power,' a move of which its type was unpredictable depending on the pokemon. Destrik was at his last pokemon, but that didn't let him down. The Reason? Just before Graveler's demise, Destrik commanded it to use Explosion, taking the last of Jolteon's HP as well as its own. Now both trainers were down to their last pokemon, their aces. The sky cracked and the air heated up as Surge's Raikou, in all its glory, and Destrik's Entei, with its head held high, entered the arena. They both knew quite well that the Entei and Raikou belonged to the other, as they caught these two mythicals together during their journey as a team back when they were four. However, now was the time to test who had the right to step forward, and cross the street nobody else had dared to cross since Destrik's father gave up his happy life to tread upon.

"It's finally time Destrik."

Surge breathed in for a good five second interval.

'It's finally time to see who's better, once and for all!"

Destrik only managed a nod before giving out the command that would fill the fifth hole in his badge case...

"ENTEI!!!...USE FIRESTORM!!!"

Surge could only stare in confusion, and it was to be expected, as Firestorm was a move that only Destrik's Entei acquired after months of training on Mt. Ashray. Entei created a pillar of fire as he roared towards the heavens. The sky turned bright orange as the pillar hit the sun high above them and illuminated it, creating a light three times the intensity of the rays emitted by the sun. Surge finally regained his composure and looked in awe as the fire materialized into a nine-headed dragon, heading towards his Jolteon at a speed parallel to the speed of light. Just before it hit, Destrik gave Surge, whose head was hanging down in his admittance of defeat, a friendly wink before bracing for the heat that would end his battle.

Surge and Destrik respectively pulled themselves out from the debris, once called the Peddlestone gym. Destrik got his badge, and he bade farewell to Surge, now humbled. That day would be known as 'The Scorched Storm,' and would also be known as the day as Destrik, now a champion after 2 years from that very day, became one of the most feared trainers in the Paukiz continent.

1000 words

[/spoiler]

Edited by RoseNeko

I wasn't writing this about myself at all, as a note. Just a fictional trainer that uses my IGN because that's...easier than thinking of another name, haha.

IGN: Myuria

[spoiler]

A Rather Disappointing Victory

It had been a long day for the fledgling trainer and breeder, Myuria. She had traveled for hours to make it to Laverre City, barely even stopping to catch her breath. It was her hard-headedness that had kept her going, as well as her slight obsession with adorable Pokemon - and it was quite well-known that Valerie had them. 
   Luckily, Myuria had left early enough in the morning that the gym was still open and would be for a few more hours yet. Although she wanted nothing more than to allow her knees to buckle and collapse on the ground, she finally entered the Laverre City gym. Slowly making her way through the trainers hired by the gym to tire challengers out, Myuria was bracing herself for the fight ahead. 
   “Finally”, Myuria thought out loud. She was standing before the ever-adorable fairy-type gym leader, Valerie, at last. The adorably adorned girl standing before her slowly curtsied to Myuria and gently said “Yet another young trainer today, I see. Most unfortunate for you, but I do suppose you’ve earned the right to battle me. Now, let’s make this interesting, shall we?” 
   Gym leader Valerie finally sent out her first pokemon, Mawile. Myuria retaliated by sending out her prized Blaziken, knowing that his fast speed and fire-type moves would prove useful against Mawile's steel-typing. Thankfully, Myuria had done her homework and knew Valerie’s Mawile did not have any fairy-type moves - which could have been a huge threat to Blaziken. “Mawile, use Crunch!” shouted Valerie in a frighteningly loud and fierce voice quite suddenly. “Flare Blitz! Eek, q-quickly!” yelled the young trainer, quite surprised. Suddenly, Myuria was quite pleased that she had spent so many days training Blaziken in his speed stat. Flare Blitz hit Mawile just before she had the chance to strike Blaziken with Crunch. In but one single attack, Mawile fainted. 
   “Very good. Don’t let it get to your head, though”, said Valerie as she quickly called out her next pokemon, Mr. Mime (although she was female, funnily enough). Myuria hadn’t enough time to contemplate switching out her pokemon - in one fell swoop, Mr. Mime had KO’d Blaziken with Psychic. “Oops, I’m so sorry Blaziken...” Myuria said in response. It wasn’t over yet, though. It was time for her trump card - the very first pokemon she had received. 
   Myuria sent out her slightly over-powered pal and ridiculously cute pal, Umbreon. Countless days and nights went into tirelessly training Umbreon - so much so, that Umbreon was already level fifty. Meanwhile, Valerie’s strongest pokemon - which had yet to be seen - was only level forty-two. Gym leader Valerie audibly sighed, looking a little tired; Myuria had no doubt the leader was used to seeing trainers focus on leveling one particularly strong pokemon. Taking a page out of Valerie’s book, Myuria swiftly commanded Umbreon to use Dark Pulse on Mr. Mime. Once again, it was a one-hit KO. 
   At last, it was time for the epitomy of cute - Sylveon. His fluffy, pink ears flopped about and his beautiful scarves of fur flowed from side to side as he entered the arena. “I really should’ve expected that”, quipped a rather unamused Valerie. “Can’t say I’m sorry - it’s just business” replied Myuria. The gym leader commanded her companion, Sylveon, to use Dazzling Gleam; although it did hit the target super effectively, Umbreon still stood strong. “Iron Tail!” called out Myuria, the sound ringing throughout the gym. Yet again, a single attack took out the opponent. Sylveon was KO’d in under a minute.
   “You’d think day after day, someone would eventually bring an evenly matched team, rather than one that poses no challenge for either of us”, spoke Valerie, her face ripe with disappointment. Myuria giggled and rebuked “Ha, do you know how long I spent just travelling today? I’m tired and starving, and I’m sure my friends here are as well. I’ve got no time to fool around.” Conceding defeat and looking rather bored, gym leader Valerie handed over the Fairy Badge, leaving trainer Myuria with two more gym badges before she could finally face the Elite Four.
[/spoiler]

just finished it! 

hope you like it!

IGN : ZedEx

[spoiler]

‘Thank you for waiting. We’ve restored your Pokémon to full health.’ Said Nurse Joy handing a set of different kinds of Pokéballs back to its owner and then takes a good look at his face. ‘Wait aren’t you the boy who saved the whole of Hoenn form those legendary Pokémon let loose by Team Aqua and Magma.’

‘Yup, that’s me the name is Ray.’ replied Ray with a bright look in his face. ‘I searched and found the legendary Pokémon of the sky in the highest floor of Sky Pillar and put an end to evil plans of Team Aqua and Team Magma. Now I’m going to challenge the Sootopolis Gym and get my final badge and then challenge the Pokémon league and become the Pokémon champion.’

‘Good luck with your Gym Battle.’ replied Nurse Joy with a smile.

‘Don’t worry I have an ace up my sleeve, nobody can beat me in a battle now.’ Replied Ray while leaving the Pokémon center.

After entering the gym Red looks around the Gym it was dimly lit and notices two spotlights focused on opposite sides of a battle arena made of ice. Ray walked up to the closest spotlight and shouted ‘I am Ray of Littlroot and I am here here to challenge The Sootopolis Gym Leader and win my final badge.’

‘Welcome challenger!’ said a voice form the other side and then a man walked up towards the spotlight on the other side of an arena side of the arena and the gym was lit up ‘I am Juan the Gym Leader of Sootopolis City and I accept your challenge.’

‘Wait Juan? I thought Wallace was the gym leader of Sootopolis?’ replied Ray in a surprised tone.

‘Oh! You did not know? I was initially the Gym Leader of Sootpolis Gym. It was I who taught Wallace everything there is to know about Pokémon. Once, I had given up my position as the Gym Leader. In my place, I had entrusted Wallace with the Gym. However, a compelling reason arose for me to make a comeback. Ah, but enough chatter. Let us begin our match, shall we? ’ said Juan in a cool tone while moving his arms around to match his speech.

‘That sounds fine to me!’ replied Ray.

‘The battle will be a three on three and only the challenger will be allowed to substitute his Pokémon.’ Said Juan while taking out a Pokéball from his belt ‘Now you shall bear witness to our artistry. A grand illusion of water sculpted by Pokémon and myself! Go Walrein!’

‘I agree, but I don’t think it will be necessary for me to switch.’ replied Ray while sending out his first Pokémon ‘Go Blaziken!’

‘A Blaziken huh such a daring choice let’s see how good you are in battle now shall we!’ said Juan.

‘Oh I’ll be more than a challenge! Blaziken use sky uppercut’ replied Ray while giving orders to Blaziken.

‘Boy you take too many chances! Walrein you can take that hit use Rain Dance!’ said Juan while keeping his arms folded.

Blaziken rushes towards Walrein and delivers a massive sky uppercut but fails to knock out Walrein, Walrein lets out a cry ‘Walllllllreeeeeiin’ and dark clouds gather over the arena and it began to rain.

Ray now completely focused on the battle shouts out to Blaziken ‘One more hit and you’ll get it Blaziken use Sky Uppercut again!’

‘Walrein use surf!’ Juan shouted who is now focused in the battle as well.

Blaziken rushes towards Walrein once again at the same moment Walrein prepares to use surf but it is too slow and Blaziken hit it first with a sky uppercut which KOed Walrein.

‘Walrein return.’ Said Juan while holding out his Pokéball ‘you did well Walrein now take a good rest. For my next Pokémon I choose Kingdra.’ Said Juan while simultaneously throwing out a Pokéball.

‘Don’t be afraid even if you have a type disadvantage Balziken go all out with Hi Jump Kick.’ Screamed Ray who had no intention of giving up.

Juan not wasting any time gives Kingdra it’s next orders ‘I’m afraid I can’t let you do that boy, Kingdra use surf!’

Before Blaziken could react to Ray’s orders it was hit by Kingdra’s surf and was KOed in one hit.

‘Little boy my Kingdra has the ability Swift Swim in the rain it becomes one of the fastest Pokémon there is you can’t beat it in terms of speed and only dragon type moves have a type advantage against Kingdra.’

Ray got a smirk on his face and his expression turned dark‘dragon you say? Than allow me to show you the strongest dragon Pokémon you can ever find!’ saying this Ray takes out a Pokéball with a purple colored upper half and throws it towards the arena ‘Come forth Rayquaza and defeat all who stand in my path to becoming Pokémon Champion!’

Juan who was first surprised at the sight of the legendary Pokémon immediately regained his composure and then began to smile ‘so this is your trump card? Do you think just because you have a legendary Pokémon on your side you can win every battle?’

Ray began laughing and replied ‘Yes, with this pokemon on by side I am already champion. I went back to Sky Pillar just to catch this pokemon and all I had to do was use a Master Ball which I found in Team Aqua’s hideout.’

Juan surprised in this sudden change of attitude started to become excited about the upcoming battle ‘Naïve boy let me show you the strength of Hoenn’s strongest Gym Leader! Kingdra use Dragon Breath!’

‘Rayquaza no Pokémon can hurt you! Use Ourage!’

Once again Kingdra acts before Rayquaza can react to Ray’s order and Rayquaza gets a direct hit from Kingdra’s Dragon Breath and it dealt quite a bit of damage but it was not enough to defeat the legendary Rayquaza immediately after receiving damage Rayquaza charged straight for Kingdra while covered in a glowing light and Kingdra was KOed in one hit.

Ray having a big grin on his face shouted out to Juan ‘In the end your Kingdra could do nothing!’

‘That may be what it seems like to you but to me Kingdra accomplished a lot.’ Replied Juan while taking out his Pokéball ‘Kingdra return! You did well. For my final Pokémon I choose Milotic’ then Juan throws a Pokéball towards the arena..

‘This Pokémon will be defeated in an instant as well just like your Kingdra! let’s go Rayquaza use Outrage’

‘Milotic don’t be intimidated use Ice Beam!’

Rayquaza charged towards Milotic at top speed and landed a direct hit on Milotic, Milotic took a lot of damage and seemed to be barely holding on and Milotic opened its mouth and fired a powerful Ice Beam at Rayquaza and landed a direct hit on Rayquaza it dealt a lot of damage and Rayquaza was knocked unconscious and at the same time Rain Dance lost its effect and it stopped raining.

Ray who was shocked of what happened in front of him fell down to his knees ‘Rayquaza was ………. was defeated! ……. but how? This is impossible… I can’t believe this happened!’

Juan looked at Ray kneeling down and felt sorry for him ‘You became obsessed with the power of the legendary Pokémon, just like Maxie and Archie! A Pokémon team comprises of all the Pokémon in it and not just one overly powerfully Pokémon!’

Ray suddenly realizing his was thinking to himself ‘Yes, that was how I used to battle…… why did I change? That does not matter now! I need to win this battle….. how do I defeat that Milotic?’ and suddenly coming up with a plan Ray stood up and took out a Pokéball whom his belt ‘I thank you for bringing me back to my senses but that doesn’t mean I will go easy on you. For my last Pokémon Castform I choose you’ said ray simultaneously throwing his Pokéball into the arena.

Juan smiled ‘That is just exactly what I expect from a trainer ! Milotic use Ice Beam’

‘This is your chance Castform use Sunny Day’

Castform sent out a ball of energy into the sky and the whole arena became bright and due to the change in weather Castform changed form and Milotic hit Castform with its ice beam which did little damage.

‘He changed forms now Milotic use Surf.’ Said Juan.

‘You got this Castform use solarbeam!’

‘So it seems like this battle will be decided in one move’ Juan remarked

Castform reacted first and hits Milotic with its Solar Beam and K.O’s Milotic.

‘I did it! I won!’ said Ray happily.

‘Congratulations boy’ said Juan who was approaching Ray ‘you beat me now take this Rainbow Badge and proceed to become the champion’

‘I sure will’ said Ray leaving the Gym with high hopes.

[/spoiler]

total 1490 words