Improve the trainer tower

MisterHide

Question

The tower exist since the august 2014 update, and I've heard lot of people complaining in game and on the forum about its too based on luck, not rewarding enough, and very boring to farm.

How it his right now: Entrence fee is 5k, you can get a maximum of 2750 battle point for defeating the NPCs of the all 8 stages, adding the cost of the items you use between each battle (revive, potions, berries etc)

I think a good way to improve the tower would be:

-Add tiering when starting the battle tower (Ubers OU UU etc) in order to make casual gamers more interested about competitive play and make competitive player want to do the tower, difficulty would raise proportionally for each stages, with teambuild based on the viability tier concerned threads (using C/D rank for the firsts stages, S/A rank for the finals ones).

-Enforce pvp clauses, because its very annoying to see NPC using hax item and some pokemons spamming reflect.

-Increase the reward (or decrease the item/tutor cost) for completing the tower, I think getting ~5k BP for completing all the 8 stages would be better

Advantages: Trainer tower less boring

Make player improve their strategies for each tier

Cons: Give a lot of work to devs (making teambuilds for each tier, keep it update with every ban/unban etc)

Lower the BP current worth

Discuss

Nope, I just want a TT which would be actually enjoyable by pretty everone.
I know adding tiering wouldn´t change much about already good players, but it would help people who don't know yet all the concerned tier possibilities, plus promotes competitive play to casuals players.

As I've said in my first post, adding tiering mean a lot of work, and even if I would like to see this happen, I know it will unlikely became real, but it can give players/devs others ideas.

Explain your "enjoyable" definition.

Adding tiering = more work at TT = more work for Devs to do

Removing hax item = get fastest sweeper pokemon and sweep all TT with it

Unban on Batton Pass = same result as point 2

Reworking payouts on TT = bigger/lesser impact on competetive rewars = changes for competetive rewards

or

= rework on TT moves prices = lesser changes for competetive rewards

The lesser evil is to reduce moves prices.

Explain your "enjoyable" definition.

Adding tiering = more work at TT = more work for Devs to do

Removing hax item = get fastest sweeper pokemon and sweep all TT with it

Unban on Batton Pass = same result as point 2

Reworking payouts on TT = bigger/lesser impact on competetive rewars = changes for competetive rewards

or

= rework on TT moves prices = lesser changes for competetive rewards

The lesser evil is to reduce moves prices.

so (you are saying) it's enjoying to be fucked by hax items, farming 1 week for a move. (20K BP = Surf on pikachu : NTY)

And Devs are here for work to make the game funnier.

so (you are saying) it's enjoying to be fucked by hax items, farming 1 week for a move. (20K BP = Surf on pikachu : NTY)

It's not hard to defat hax item pokes and there still exist alternative moves like heal bell=aromatheraphy ;)

And (i'm not saying that) anything of those is enjoyable, please, don't bring up statement that doesn't exist :)

Nope, I just want a TT which would be actually enjoyable by pretty everone.
I know adding tiering wouldn´t change much about already good players, but it would help people who don't know yet all the concerned tier possibilities, plus promotes competitive play to casuals players.

As I've said in my first post, adding tiering mean a lot of work, and even if I would like to see this happen, I know it will unlikely became real, but it can give players/devs others ideas.

Yeah, it's ok. I do still get that you'd suggest this with an idea to help out most of us playing. Devs are iirc? working on making the Battle Frontier a thing, so tiering an older system, is work, and a lot of unneeded effort that can effectively be put into something more needed. Yes, ofc it would be great to have tiers, and it is a nice suggestion, but I go against it since it's chances of being realized are almost nonexistant. I know you get it though, and I know you're trying to suggest ideas, and sorry, but I really don't aggree in any way xD ;')

So by your standards, sweeping the whole Trainer Tower in 5 mins is "funnier"? Yeah, sure...it's fun...the first time...and then the 2nd. And then you exploit it till you can, get even more richer, and be a god. Do you see where I'm going with this? Fuck it, I'd love to see devs approve this now, would honestly make me really happy, fucking perfect.

lets face it, pve is fucking boring, and if you have to grind it its either:

1) insanely easy

2) insanely annoying

there is no in-between 

No amount of AI will ever be as challenging as another person in Pokemon. Period.

We need a way to earn things by PvP.

But the problem with this is newer players not having a chance to earn these things because they cant win in pvp, which is where the trainer tower should cater to those. It shouldn't annoy them with 25 body slam crit-paras in a row, or teach them to do stupid nonviable in competitive play things like running shock wave on primeape/raticate, etc. 

The teams shouldnt have cleffas on them, thats just retarded. They should be actual competitive viable teams that the nub will learn to be able to defeat and play against and prepare them for PvP, since it is pretty much our only end-game content. 

Now, once we have moved on from our nub days and learned to beat AI with real comp pokemon and not things that aren't even used in NU, we can move to the PvP tower. It should match you up with people of near your skill level, and reward you for playing. I don't think that there should be a downside to playing it because then people will be more tempted to go to vermillion and ignore it (like the upstairs of PC).

Since the PC upstairs will be redone soon(tm), PvP tower should hold tournaments for minor prizes (tms, BP, items, etc, every couple hours automatically). Ranging from 8-16 or 32 man brackets, depending how many people in your skill-group are trying to participate. 

Since the PC upstairs will be redone soon(tm), PvP tower should hold tournaments for minor prizes (tms, BP, items, etc, every couple hours automatically). Ranging from 8-16 or 32 man brackets, depending how many people in your skill-group are trying to participate. 

Well, this would be ideal, and love it a lot. Just means we need more people who'd actually be interested in doing it. Might even get the noobs out with their level 49 Blazikuns to fight. Helps noobs get better, more fun, prizes for people. Might be exploitable in a way, but I'm sure it's not that hard of patching it up.