...Yet another solution to Genderless Breeding

OldKeith

Question

As we all know, Genderless breeding is currently too RNG-reliant, as you need perfect dittos to get your perfect comp.

And as we all know, there have been countless non-canon proposals to solve this, such as breeding genderless with genderless.

But, one subject has not been touched as far as I know this... and I believe this can solve the whole problem, allowing us to have balanced breeding all across the board. Why should our comps be punished because they are genderless or male-only, after all?

Introducing weekly trades:

Every week, a knowledgeable pokemon collector is arriving in the pokemon fan club in Vermillion. He will be looking for a specific pokemon, and will offer to trade one of his own, in exchange.

Example: Looking for a female Anorith, I am offering a Porygon in exchange.

The Porygon you will receive from him will have the same IVs and Nature as the Anorith you traded him.

Note that this is an example, weekly is not necessarily a norm.

I believe this is an elegant solution to balance breeding for genderless, and possibly male-only pokemon and please implement this before January if you think it is a good idea. :3

Edited by OldKeith

This would make the breeding of genderless/ all male pokemon quite a lot easier, which is a good thing. I'll take Hitmonlee as a base example, as it is one of the more easy ditto breeds, you want 20/31/20/x/20/31 jolly/adamant. The Tyrogue has a 5% chance in the wild, needs to be 31 atk/speed as a base. Then you need a Ditto with jolly/adamant nature, 31 atk/speed , the defences etc this is a huge pain in the rear. 

I dare any cm+ to try and breed a genderless/ all male pokemon from scratch, this includes the money gathering. Preferably Darkshade, so he sees why we want easier breeding of these pokes.

As of your reasoning of having an enchantment on Armour X, you have to only get the enchantment S to add to armour X. 

aeaa7a4b35a142c25a9b28b16d5b2f8b.png

06fb38eb5dab69c574f02b97c221bf5f.png

The first picture shows how 'easy' it is to get the 5x31, the second picture is what we have to do if we want to get a good nature on a pokemon. In no MMO I have ever played, it was this difficult to get a single 'enchantment' to add to my armour.

Also, this is not even included the genderless/ all male breeding. It is litteraly impossible to make a perfect poke from those types. As in the whole of MMO there has only been 1 5x31 ditto found.

Edited by Appelsap

I thought of a problem with this, what about egg moves. Not all genderless male only pokemon need them but there are some that do, I guess you could always breed the traded pokemon with a ditto if your lucky enough to get your hands on a decent one.

EDIT: Genderless dont have egg moves

Edited by Kizhaz

I thought of a problem with this, what about egg moves. Not all genderless male only pokemon need them but there are some that do, I guess you could always breed the traded pokemon with a ditto if your lucky enough to get your hands on a decent one.

EDIT: Genderless dont have egg moves

The only pokemon that has access to egg moves is tyrogue. But yeah, you can possibly rebreed it to gain access to them.

I actually really like this idea, it cant be abused either since you need to trade a good pokemon in exchange, so unless you have multiple or breed like crazy you will most likely just get 1. If making them gifts is what it takes to have this implemented then by all means do it, I'm just looking for a pokemon to use myself anyway. We would need the npc around for at least a week imo so everyone has enough time to breed what he wants, but we also need him frequently there so everyone has an equal chance to obtain a comp genderless pokemon.

Either that, or some kinda advance warning about what pokemon he'll be looking for and offering. 

Like a news bulletin;

'Rumour has it that the legendary breeder Alfonso (just for fun) will be touring Kanto with his amazing [insert pokemon here] in a week's time!

Alfonso is reportedly looking for an equally amazing [insert other pokemon here], and is willing to trade for one! Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!'

...could also work?

Either that, or some kinda advance warning about what pokemon he'll be looking for and offering. 

Like a news bulletin;

'Rumour has it that the legendary breeder Alfonso (just for fun) will be touring Kanto with his amazing [insert pokemon here] in a week's time!

Alfonso is reportedly looking for an equally amazing [insert other pokemon here], and is willing to trade for one! Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!'

...could also work?

Actually that really could work. Problem is, legendary people don't go on trips every week. "Hey mum, I'm home! Nevermind, I'm gonna travel Kanto ANOTHER GODDAMN TIME."  Also, rumors don't get put on TV...