Player Classes

Xatu

Question

I think to make the game a more immersive mmo experience and to seperate it even more from main line pokemon game that we should implement some sort of class system.

Here are some examples of what classes we could have.

Regular Trainer Class

You would spawn in pallet town just like the game normally is.  Your main goal is to become the greatest pokemon trainer and get the 8 badges etc.  Once you beat the champion you would have a choice to branch out into two or more other trainer based classes.  One option would be a gym leader or a trainer in a gym.  These gyms would be tourney mode only and gym leaders would take turns.  So everyone would have a chance to hand out badges.  The badges could be a physical tradable value too and something speical could happen when you collect all of the player ran badges which leads me into the next "evolution" of the regular trainer class which is the Champion.  As the champion we could have lvl 100 battles only and 4 players who fill in as the elite four as well. 

Team Rocket

The main point of this lass would be mass catching and potentially "snagging" pokemon from npcs.  Giovanni would give you a quota and depending on how well you do and how much money you generate for the massive team then you can go up in rank.  Every rank would have a specific pay grade depending on how well you do and if you do well enough you would end up in giovannis place yourself. The ranks would follow the games.

Police officer/pokemon ranger

Your job would be to arrest team rocket members in the act of stealing and hurting pokemon.  Team rocket members will be fined when caught and have to pay a bail.  Their pokemon will be confiscated too and its the rangers job to rehabilitate them or mass release them.  There would also be pay grades but it pays less than team rocket.  Thats because being in tam rocket has a risk involved in losing all of your pokes you "stole."  They also have to beat the team rocket member in a battle in order for them to be "arrested".  Because of this they would have access to cheaper and discounted rare items not available in stores like elixirs and stuff.

Pokemon Breeder

Buffs on breeding, faster breeding time etc.  Happiness increases faster and rangers can use this class in tandom to help the "hurt" pokemon. You can also craft various stat boosting items/braces/tms etc.

New Player Guide

This would be a sort of hidden class for people who just want to help out.  They would hang around the newbie towns like pewter and such and help new and confused players.  If they prove themselves over a long period of time they can be elevated to a CM or something similar.

8 answers to this question

I'd see this as more of a Jobs thing, when you finish your normal storyline you could get to choose a job, different jobs give out different things, it could be money, items or even boosts. Not sure if you agree with this though, just thought I'd point it out here.

Yeah well if it was dubbed as "jobs" then it would end up being essentially the same thing, i only had it listed as classes to relate it to other mmos but this isnt a regular mmo lol.  It would definitely make sense if it was called jobs if most of the classes involve pay grades and earning pokeyen in some way. 

Is this kinda like the concept of "Dungeons"? Train in a room strictly with Water trainers, strictly with fire trainers.. ect... ect??

No, not even a little bit. This suggestion is about adding character-specific boosts that give more incentive to specialize in one/several tasks. Specializing in these tasks makes grinding easier and makes it much more profitable to have EV training shops (especially paired with an automatic lending option), item farming, and other such grinding activities. As someone said earlier, it's like having a job or vocation in other MMO games.

Yeah well if it was dubbed as "jobs" then it would end up being essentially the same thing, i only had it listed as classes to relate it to other mmos but this isnt a regular mmo lol.  It would definitely make sense if it was called jobs if most of the classes involve pay grades and earning pokeyen in some way. 

Which can really help in the end game with "dailies" for pve.