Lets Implement an Obscure Region: Orre

Xatu

Question

Ok so first things first the big N never trademarked Orre. 

Second things second Orre is connected to Kanto/Johto according to this map http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/  which is pretty much canon.

Taking advantage of this and adding a bit of realism we could add routes in between the two on that massive land mass.  This is where some of the dungeons could be located possibly.  Or we could do things the boring way and implement yet another boat at verm/slate (most likely option).

Now this wouldnt be the Orre directly from Colloseum because no wild mons.  It could have encounter info from xD gale of darkness with extra added.  It could even take place before the events of both games before all the pokemon in the wild where caught there.   Also you get the johto starters in this game so it would make sense to have them in thewild here and to start with 1 of them.  Orre is just west of johto afterall.

Colloseum never had an official league so we could either put in colloseums instead or invent a league for the region.  

If we put in colloseums if could be bp based and pretty much another battle tower/frontier.  A league would be more fun and with the good AI we could actually give them really viable teams.  We could have Orre's gyms have actually high levels and good moves and typings because we have a new level of freedom in designing it. 

Well thats about it for now.  I hope you guys add to this idea :D

Edited by Xatu

2 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Ok so first things first the big N never trademarked Orre. 

Second things second Orre is connected to Kanto/Johto according to this map http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/  which is pretty much canon.

Taking advantage of this and adding a bit of realism we could add routes in between the two on that massive land mass.  This is where some of the dungeons could be located possibly.  Or we could do things the boring way and implement yet another boat at verm/slate (most likely option).

Now this wouldnt be the Orre directly from Colloseum because no wild mons.  It could have encounter info from xD gale of darkness with extra added.  It could even take place before the events of both games before all the pokemon in the wild where caught there.   Also you get the johto starters in this game so it would make sense to have them in thewild here and to start with 1 of them.  Orre is just west of johto afterall.

Colloseum never had an official league so we could either put in colloseums instead or invent a league for the region.  

If we put in colloseums if could be bp based and pretty much another battle tower/frontier.  A league would be more fun and with the good AI we could actually give them really viable teams.  We could have Orre's gyms have actually high levels and good moves and typings because we have a new level of freedom in designing it. 

Well thats about it for now.  I hope you guys add to this idea :D

One question, how will the developers have time to code all the tiles the way how Orre was coded? Orre was a 3d region instead of a 2d one which makes it quite a daunting task to code into PokeMMO. I appreciate your creativity, but in my view, its not a realistic goal. Even if we were able to code the Orre region, here are some questions that I would like for you to answer: How are we going to code shadow pokemon in PokeMMO? How can we "fly" since in the Orre region, there are no gyms and no HMs meaning no fly? Last question, how do we transfer regions from Orre (like where would be the dock to go to Kanto or Hoenn)?

Edited by Bestfriends
Cleared up some thoughts
58 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

One question, how will the developers have time to code all the tiles the way how Orre was coded? Orre was a 3d region instead of a 2d one which makes it quite a daunting task to code into PokeMMO.

There are already fan made 2d projects that create Orre from scratch.  I'm sure they would let us use their tiles if we ask nicely and we can put them into the game using the custom map engine.

I appreciate your creativity, but in my view, its not a realistic goal. Even if we were able to code the Orre region, here are some questions that I would like for you to answer: How are we going to code shadow pokemon in PokeMMO?

There wouldnt be shadow pokemon and it wouldnt even take place during the storyline from the actual GCN title.  Like i said in my thread it could take place before all the pokemon have been caught to extinction for example.

How can we "fly" since in the Orre region, there are no gyms and no HMs meaning no fly?

There would be HM's, since its custom and in the same engine as pokemmo.  There could be fan made gyms too like I stated in my post as well.  Regardless, you can fly to to towns without gyms as well.

Last question, how do we transfer regions from Orre (like where would be the dock to go to Kanto or Hoenn)?

Well i actually mentioned 2 ways to travel to this region.  Since Orre is connected to both Johto and Kanto's same land mass according to this basically canon map http://serebii.net/pokearth/ we could actually code new routes between the 2 regions.  I also mentioned a third dock in verm as another option.