Dynamic Breeding Times

Pythonhier

Question

5 answers to this question

That's how it works. Less common or more powerful/desirable species usually take longer to breed and hatch. However, there's more to it than just the species. The time is random to start, but is increased for rarer Pokemon and decreased depending on what you are breeding said Pokemon with, who the OT is, and I believe there is another factor I'm forgetting.

Just now, BigShotJoe said:

That's how it works. Less common or more powerful/desirable species usually take longer to breed and hatch. However, there's more to it than just the species. The time is random to start, but is increased for rarer Pokemon and decreased depending on what you are breeding said Pokemon with, who the OT is, and I believe there is another factor I'm forgetting.

No as it is right now. Hatching are set to dynamic times in different catagories of species of pokemon.  The breeding done by the old man to produce an egg is based on a percentage chance on each tick of time.  So I could end up putting two Ratatta's in with the old man. They produce an egg in 1 minute.  Then do the same with exact copies of the same Ratatta's and produce an egg in 5 minutes instead.

What I propose is that the time it takes to produce an egg should be dymanic like it is for actually hatching an egg. Then people can properly plan hatching and not have to talk spam the old man excessively, or wait a ridiculous amount of time for an egg.

4 hours ago, Pythonhier said:

No as it is right now. Hatching are set to dynamic times in different catagories of species of pokemon.  The breeding done by the old man to produce an egg is based on a percentage chance on each tick of time.  So I could end up putting two Ratatta's in with the old man. They produce an egg in 1 minute.  Then do the same with exact copies of the same Ratatta's and produce an egg in 5 minutes instead.

What I propose is that the time it takes to produce an egg should be dymanic like it is for actually hatching an egg. Then people can properly plan hatching and not have to talk spam the old man excessively, or wait a ridiculous amount of time for an egg.

Most people don't bother breeding things like Rattata or other Pokemon that would normally hatch quickly. What you are proposing is to cause the majority of breeding to take longer because the Pokemon most commonly bred are more rare.

51 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

Most people don't bother breeding things like Rattata or other Pokemon that would normally hatch quickly. What you are proposing is to cause the majority of breeding to take longer because the Pokemon most commonly bred are more rare.

What? No what i'm saying is that a pokemon like Rattata should be short, and the time it takes to make an egg should be dynamic. I have no idea where you came up with your theory that the time is already dynamic.

19 hours ago, Pythonhier said:

What? No what i'm saying is that a pokemon like Rattata should be short, and the time it takes to make an egg should be dynamic. I have no idea where you came up with your theory that the time is already dynamic.

I think we need to first accurately define what you think "dynamic" means to avoid confusion.