When should I start making my team for PvP?

So far I have beaten Misty, could you please help me answer these questions? 

1. How do I get pokemons with good IV's? Should I catch a lot of the same and keep the best one, or breed my pokemon?

2. When should I stop focusing on the main story and start focusing on making/raising my team for PvP? 

I have read a lot of information in guides but I feel a bit lost. 

Thank you very much in advanced.

Edited by Clagger18
13 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

play the story first (while kanto and hoenn, after that u can start getting into PVP

up to what point? after beating the ellite 4? I was hoping I could get started sooner so I dont waste so much exp in pokemons i wont use.

Is there anything particularly important I should focus on? 

1 hour ago, Clagger18 said:

So far I have beaten Misty, could you please help me answer these questions? 

1. How do I get pokemons with good IV's? Should I catch a lot of the same and keep the best one, or breed my pokemon?

2. When should I stop focusing on the main story and start focusing on making/raising my team for PvP? 

I have read a lot of information in guides but I feel a bit lost. 

Thank you very much in advanced.

1. Either catch them, buy them, or breed them. Breeding is most reliable way to turn them the way you want though.

2. First complete storyline, feel the game a little. Before I got into comp scene I spectated a lot of battles to see how metagame looks like, what pokes are being used, what team archetypes are most common, etc. There isn't a set moment when you should start- you should feel this yourself.

Ok guys thank you very much, quick question I caught an abra with 31 speed and 22 spc. attack IV's is that good enough for competitive or do you aim for 31/31?

Also, if all my pokemon faint do I loose money like in the original games?

11 minutes ago, Clagger18 said:

Ok guys thank you very much, quick question I caught an abra with 31 speed and 22 spc. attack IV's is that good enough for competitive or do you aim for 31/31?

Also, if all my pokemon faint do I loose money like in the original games?

Remember about natures they are more important than iv's! But still 1x31 and 1x22 might be hard to fight with. Try going with most important iv's around 25+. Also no u don't loose any money when ur pokemon faint. In addicion in pokemmo we got special modes of battle when even if u loose against other player ur pokes have full health after battle(ofc u have to turn them on).

4 minutes ago, WestTurtle said:

Remember about natures they are more important than iv's! But still 1x31 and 1x22 might be hard to fight with. Try going with most important iv's around 25+. Also no u don't loose any money when ur pokemon faint. In addicion in pokemmo we got special modes of battle when even if u loose against other player ur pokes have full health after battle(ofc u have to turn them on).

Oh I just saw its sassy  -10% speed ><