What I like is having a daily deal for TMs but only if it would be implemented in the game corner. That way it would take more work to get the TMs. However TMs like Focus punch ,water pulse and rock tomb could just be placed in the celadon mall. TMs like earthquake and toxic would be placed in the game corner.

Not sure how easy the following is to implement but I think the best way to do this would be to store all the TM's in the giant mall and rank them in groups by [generally very high] prices.

They could be ranked by power (<50 being the cheapest and 150+ being the most expensive) with non-damaging moves like 'rest' being dealt appropriate prices too.

If need be, then restrict trading TMs completely but I definitely think we should be able to access them and agree with the posts highlighting the main reasons on p1.

That would mean that we would have to catch the Pokemon to gain the tm? Or when it faints it drops a tm?

I like the idea of after it faints, a little item ball is dropped to pick up. That way you wouldnt have to waste pokeballs and hope it was holding a TM

I think just having held items would be good enough. If someone really wanted to grind for them they could use Compoundeyes/Thief/Covet or something.

This has been previously discussed. TMs will remain as the game intended them to be: One-time use, and only obtainable from Gym Leaders, Celadon Mall, and sitting on the ground. Ways to obtain any TM you wanted would change the economy and allow players to give a TM to every pokemon in their party, especially if it was an overpowered move. Sorry, but I dont see this happening anytime soon.

Please don't do this. There are hundreds of competitive battlers on PokeMMO right now. I know because I see them EV training in Mt. Moon on my current first playthrough (people on bikes in an area with 100% Paras). I know these people WILL grind out playthroughs to get the TMs they want, and I would seriously consider it as well.

I've heard a couple good suggestions how to make TMs available. Please just have a meeting with all the PokeMMO top dogs, think about the consequences of whether or not good TMs would be re-obtainable (or heck, reuable - take an example out of Pokemon Black), and think of a fun/not too easy/not to grindy method of getting them.

Think about it this way:

Current system: PokeMMO will be fun for about a month, then the novelty will gradually fade and we're left with a metagame of Thunder and Blizzard - more luck-based moves than consistent ones, ruining any competitive unofficial tourneys and high level battling.

Suggested system: Old veterans and new players will be able to figure out their favourite Pokemon movesets and EV spreads. Every Jolteon knows Thunderbolt, every Blastoise knows Ice Beam. PokeMMO will have a real competitive scene similar to PO and Wifi battling but with a unique metagame.

• 1 month later...

Well, it would be good to have access to TM's from a store, but what if novice players got a hold of over-powered moves? Utter chaos. So,here's an awesome solution to this dilemma of you peoples': just like in previous installments, allow certain TM's to be obtained by the number of badges a person has. No chaos. No competitive battlers whining and complaing. If it takes too long to implement, don't do it. Just stop the dang arguing. Jeez.

Why did you necro this. Go there pls.

At this point, since its frustrating to have to do absurd things like make alts to get TMS i'd be fine with whatever TM update comes out as long as it's NOT Tournament prizes, NOT extremely rare (more grinding), and as long as they are physical TMS (ones you can put in your bag)