Shouldn't have to complete u-turn if all 6 of their pokemon are fainted

Aard

Question

Almost lost a battle over this because I thought I had already won and was off doing other stuff.  Caught it with 3 seconds left.  Bad mechanic. 

Sounds small, but that's the type of thing people permanently ragequit over if it happens at the wrong time.  If all 6 of their mons are fainted the battle should end.  Imagine 6-0 sweeping an opponent in a tournament finals only to come back from your celebration and find that you lost on time after all the enemy's pokes were fainted.  It would be terrible.  No one should have to sit there picking what mon to switch in if all of the enemy's stuff is dead.   Its not intuitive and I wouldn't be surprised if important battles have been lost because of it.  Probably happens with volt switch too.

Edited by Aard

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Aard said:

Sounds small, but that's the type of thing people permanently ragequit over if it happens at the wrong time.  

if thats something you perm RQ over then you got bigger problems you gotta handle

1 hour ago, Aard said:

Imagine 6-0 sweeping an opponent in a tournament finals only to come back from your celebration and find that you lost on time after all the enemy's pokes were fainted.  It would be terrible.

youre right, people in the f i n a l s wouldnt know how the game works.

1 hour ago, Aard said:

Its not intuitive and I wouldn't be surprised if important battles have been lost because of it. 

Id be very surprised tbh

2 hours ago, DeadGorilla said:

if thats something you perm RQ over then you got bigger problems you gotta handle

youre right, people in the f i n a l s wouldnt know how the game works.

Id be very surprised tbh

I think some people would quit if it was a battle with millions of pokeyen on the line and they had spent months trying to improve only to get defeated because of that.

Its a very obscure mechanic contrary to how everything else works that you might not ever encounter until hundreds of battles in.

Its just such an unnecessary thing.  Their pokes are fainted, let me out of the battle.

Baffled you're defending this feature.  What about it is there possibly to like?  Battles should be over when all the pokemon faint.  Every 12 year old receiving their first charmander is told that yet in this mmo under these specific conditions its not true.  The only place its not true, and now I'm going to have to do more testing to see if the self-ko clause is working because after this u-turn bs I really have no faith in battles ending at the correct time with the correct result.  I'll post something else if I find out other end-game situations are handled wrong.

Honestly, what's so bad about it too is that I'm pretty sure my opponent tried to bait me today.  They took 2 minutes to make their last move with 5% health left on their last mon.  Being timestalled after I have the winning move locked in and then almost losing after all their pokemon fainted, I've just never seen something that absurd.

Edit:  After thinking about this more it seems like a bug instead of an intended feature since its so bad.  Move it to bug reports if you like.

Edited by Aard