[Implemented] Inspect Trainer Option

No. Unless both trainers agree that they will battle I think no changes should be made. When you challenge someone you are taking the risk of them having higher leveled pokemon than you. You can have fully healed pokemon while he may not. He will be able to see what levels your pokemon are and will decide if he will accept.

No. Unless both trainers agree that they will battle I think no changes should be made. When you challenge someone you are taking the risk of them having higher leveled pokemon than you. You can have fully healed pokemon while he may not. He will be able to see what levels your pokemon are and will decide if he will accept.

If someone challenges you then you see the stats, you could be taking a risk there if they have higher lvl pokemon and you accept. I don't see why the challenger cant know what they are going up against.. At least a stat chart like the one you get if challenged.

You are the challenger. You are the one who is looking to battle. If its mutual then its fine but if you battle random trainers I prefer the system we have now.

You make a good point, but a lvl 30 vs. a lvl 10 without warning hardly seems fair or fun for either sides of the pokeball.

Thanks for sharing your input :)

But would a level 10 accept a battle like that knowingly? As far as I know only 1st day players would do that....

I think both players should be able to see the average level and max level thing before a fight. It would encourage more players to have random battles. As it is now I'm just plain not going to challenge random people on the street because I don't want to end up going against a guy with a lvl 100 that will sweep my whole team, and I also don't want to end up against someone with a bunch of lvl 20's. Either that or an optional level scaler that will bump all your pokemon's stats up to what they would be at lvl 100 like what happens when you do a wifi battle on D/P/P. Then you would also have a way to have fair fights without having to find someone who has capped all their pokemon at the same level as yours.

I think it would be nice to know what you are challenging before you click duel. I know that when someone asks you to duel you see all of their stats and such but if you are the one requesting the duel, you never know what you are getting into.

On top of that, it would be cool to see other trainer's cards to see their progress! :)

Yea but thats not how it would work if (yes i know its freeking pokemon) pokemon battles really happened. You wouldnt be like "hey buddy, place all your pokemon in a row and let me inspect them before we duel."

It should stay the same. The mystery of who you are fighting is awesome

I think it should stay the same, if it was so unfun for both sides then the people who accepted the challenge shouldn't have done so.

Shouldn't have doesn't mean they won't. This has been suggested many times, and I've seen a lot of people say that they don't want this changed because they enjoy crushing someone who challenged them with much weaker pokemon.

Yea but thats not how it would work if (yes i know its freeking pokemon) pokemon battles really happened. You wouldnt be like "hey buddy, place all your pokemon in a row and let me inspect them before we duel."

It should stay the same. The mystery of who you are fighting is awesome

True but at the same time you know the area of which you are in so you are able to gauge to lvl of pokemon you might face

True but at the same time you know the area of which you are in so you are able to gauge to lvl of pokemon you might face

you misunderstood me. I wasn't referring to in game, I was referring to actually having pokemon and running into someone on an adventure. We aren't NPCs. By your logic trainers could only play in areas their levels allowed them.

Shouldn't have doesn't mean they won't. This has been suggested many times, and I've seen a lot of people say that they don't want this changed because they enjoy crushing someone who challenged them with much weaker pokemon.

But you managed to beat me anyway...Poor Weedle.. ;_;

Then it's not unfun for both sides. If you challenge someone then you'll have to deal with the consequences of if you challenged someone who was above your power.

If you really want a system of checking if someone is in your league, when you challenge how about you see what badges they have? That way you're not being told their average level but you are being told what kind of levels that person can handle.

Then it's not unfun for both sides. If you challenge someone then you'll have to deal with the consequences of if you challenged someone who was above your power.

Which is why many players will choose not to duel strangers at all. I think we should be encouraged to be dueling other players, but with the system as it is now if you want to duel a random person then the person you challenged has all the power. They get to see who will be the likely winner and they get to decide that they want to fight this. If you're challenging someone when much weaker pokemon than chances are they won't accept. If you're challenging someone with equal leveled pokemon they probably won't accept, because they're busy with whatever it is they're doing. If you challenge someone with much stronger pokemon they probably will accept since they can just beat you really fast and go back to what they're doing.

This is a bad system that discourages people from dueling strangers because chances are when you finally get someone random to duel with; they are going to have a serious advantage. Sure you could look for someone on global chat who wants to fight, and who has similar leveled pokemon, but I've always felt like the spirit of pokemon was to battle with whoever you can. When you're walking by an NPC chances are they want to battle, and you are forced into it because that's the pokemon way. When Ash met a new person one of the first things he'd always do was battle with them. I think there should be a system that encourages(but doesn't reward) battling with people you've just met.