[Implemented] Inspect Trainer Option

I personally think you should see the trainer card at the least while yes if it were real you would not have them show you what they have before a battle BUT you could ask to see how many badges they have ect. That will give you a general idea of what you are getting yourself into.

Seeing how many badges is only going to tell you whether they're completely new or not. Someone with all 8 badges could have a team of lvl 30s, one level 60, or a whole team of lvl 100s. It really doesn't give much information at all since you can get all badges in about 5 hours if you just power through the story.

Which is why many players will choose not to duel strangers at all. I think we should be encouraged to be dueling other players, but with the system as it is now if you want to duel a random person then the person you challenged has all the power. They get to see who will be the likely winner and they get to decide that they want to fight this. If you're challenging someone when much weaker pokemon than chances are they won't accept. If you're challenging someone with equal leveled pokemon they probably won't accept, because they're busy with whatever it is they're doing. If you challenge someone with much stronger pokemon they probably will accept since they can just beat you really fast and go back to what they're doing.

This is a bad system that discourages people from dueling strangers because chances are when you finally get someone random to duel with; they are going to have a serious advantage. Sure you could look for someone on global chat who wants to fight, and who has similar leveled pokemon, but I've always felt like the spirit of pokemon was to battle with whoever you can. When you're walking by an NPC chances are they want to battle, and you are forced into it because that's the pokemon way. When Ash met a new person one of the first things he'd always do was battle with them. I think there should be a system that encourages(but doesn't reward) battling with people you've just met.

Seeing other peoples pokemon on boths sides would only further discourage people from battling, it would be better to prevent both sides from seeing their opponents pokemon. There's not perfect way to solve this, but if you want to have a fair match against opponents of the same level then join or set up an unofficial tornament with a level cap to do so.

I kind of like the idea of being able to inspect trainer cards before challenging someone to a battle. As stated above, the number of badges is a rough indicator of how far you are in the game/how strong your pokemon are likely to be. I also like the current system: as a challenger, youre taking the risk of being outleveled.

Lets remember that win or lose, there are no penalties/rewards, and as long as it stays this way, people will always duel for fun regardless.

Seeing other peoples pokemon on boths sides would only further discourage people from battling, it would be better to prevent both sides from seeing their opponents pokemon. There's not perfect way to solve this, but if you want to have a fair match against opponents of the same level then join or set up an unofficial tornament with a level cap to do so.

I agree that would be a bad idea; I do think that being able to see an opponent's average level+highest level would be good though. It doesn't give the challenger an advantage over the challenged. It lets both sides judge whether it's a fair fight that they want to take.

I had just started the game with a level 8 Bulbasaur. I randomly challenged some guy just to see what would happen. The battle starts with him having five Pokemon and sending out a level thirty Scyther. Needless to say I lost instantly. How was I supposed to know that a level thirty trainer was hanging around the starting areas of the game? I can't see stats, I can't see how many Pokemon he's got, I can't even see his win/loss ratio. It's not like Pokemon Online, where you can pretty much assume a person's team is at level 100.

it tells you the highest and lowest level pokemon they have before you accept the challenge.

The problem here is that the challenger himself has no way of knowing what he's getting himself into. I could stand around pallet town with a team of level 100's asking for someone to send me a duel request, and they wouldn't know what they're in for until I send out my first pokemon.

The problem here is that the challenger himself has no way of knowing what he's getting himself into. I could stand around pallet town with a team of level 100's asking for someone to send me a duel request, and they wouldn't know what they're in for until I send out my first pokemon.

THIS! If someone who just joined the game wants to test out the features they will sooner or later end up dueling someone right as they stat. Say there is a trainer even with just Lv20's standing in Pallet town they can be abusive and just destroy all of the new people who are just trying to get a feel for the game.

0There should some kind of warning regarding dueling whether it's a trainer card peek or just a friendly: "Are you sure want to request/accept this duel?"

How about this then, if you challenge a player that has a pokemon that is more then 5 levels above your highest level pokemon then a warning could display when you try to challenge them, it could say 'This trainer has pokemon more then five levels above your own, challenge them?' and then the options 'Yes' or 'No'.

It doesn't have to be five levels, I just figured that would be a nice number to use.

It already shows average levels. What's the big deal? At the VERY most; the most info that should be shown is the highest level'd pokemon they have. Like, on that little page that shows the players average levels; show "Highest Level: 93" or whatever.

Any more info than that takes away suspense!!

I like this idea on the merit that it helps people see what Pokemon they are about to fight.

However it should be done the same way as being ASKED to duel, giving an average level of the Pokemon.

Stats would be completely unfair, as you'd know what your opponent's best stats were.

And I for one would hate people having the ability to actually see what Pokemon I have on me.

I like this idea on the merit that it helps people see what Pokemon they are about to fight.

However it should be done the same way as being ASKED to duel, giving an average level of the Pokemon.

Stats would be completely unfair, as you'd know what your opponent's best stats were.

And I for one would hate people having the ability to actually see what Pokemon I have on me.

Agreed.

I think all that needs to be done is show whatever that confirmation window that receiver of a duel request gets with max and average Pokemon level to the person who initiates the duel. that'll be perfectly fine duel-wise.

there's been a lot of instances were I'll be randomly battled and the other person is like 'oh fuck' because they run into a lvl 100 Umbreon with a team of lvl 30s...

it tells you the highest and lowest level pokemon they have before you accept the challenge.

No form of inspection is needed,.. (how would you look into another persons pokeballs to begin with?)

this is illogical.

Except i dont want to go blind into challenges, im just suggesting the same info be given to challengers like higest lvl and avergae lvl

I can promise yall 100% if people were able to view each others pokemon party and lvls then EVERYONE would be dueling. The best thing to do would make people able to view your pokemon party and their lvls by default but have an option in settings to block people from seeing your pokemon party

I can promise yall 100% if people were able to view each others pokemon party and lvls then EVERYONE would be dueling. The best thing to do would make people able to view your pokemon party and their lvls by default but have an option in settings to block people from seeing your pokemon party

This.

What really keeps me from dueling right now is the fact that I've got no idea where to find people of my level. I do admit the inability to check on your enemy before battling is interesting and makes everything a little more thrilling, but it's pretty much impracticable in an MMO, as there will always be some shitflakes.

I feel its just common courtesy to give the same information to the person instigating the dual as to the person receiving the request. My friend for example had a level 62 Slowbro and instead of having him follow the trainer he had his level 19 wartortle follow him instead, which I might add is extremely misleading, and was asked to a dual by a team of level 20's. They got destroyed. I don't think asking for the specific Pokemon to be given is the way to go, as that can take the fun out of it, however a average level and highest level the person receiving the dual gets to inspect should be given to the instigator of the fight as well. Besides, in an MMO perspective, you at the very least get to see the level of the opponent.

Just my two cents on the idea.