[Implemented] Inspect Trainer Option

Ok, in the real pokemon world, a really good trainer is usually distinguishable from the rest. Why don't we have color coded system where the average level is displayed, and the standard deviation is represented by a shade of red.

For example, if you're training a pokemon and have 3 lvl 50s, 2 lvl 20 HM slaves, and a lvl 37, you will have a red-ish glow to a number above your name. Let's take this example further. The mean of that party is about 38, and the standard deviation is about 14. 14/38 = .37 , something pretty far away from 0, so you will have a reddish name like this:

Plagueis

This will show that although your avg lvl is 38, you're not really prepared for a fully competitive fight. On the other hand, if your team was composed of 5 50s and a 55, it would look something like this: 2/51 = .04

Plagueis

Anything above .5 would be shown as bright red. As for the number of pokemon, that will still be a surprise factor.

Or, it could be the highest level compared to the standard deviation. For example, in the first case, the number would be 50, with a 14/50 .28 red-dish colour.

And the second case would be 55 with a slight red colour.

0 = white

.05 = slight red

.1 = slightly more noticeable red

.2 = noticeable red

.3 = bright red

.4 = dark red

.5 and further = mahogany

In the future...

76 Plagueis

<Team Name>

No way. I think not knowing who you are potentially facing brings a necessary mystery and fun to the game.

In real life, you dont know what pokemon a trainer has, you wouldn't know if the champion just walked down the street.

Well, I don't enjoy rolling lvl 20 people, and I don't enjoy getting rolled by lvl 70s. I'd love to roam around finding people that will give me a challenge rather getting rolled by high levels half the time. I have a few good fights, and I'd like for them to happen more often.

No way. I think not knowing who you are potentially facing brings a necessary mystery and fun to the game.

In real life, you dont know what pokemon a trainer has, you wouldn't know if the champion just walked down the street.

If so fun why arent people having fun dueling left and right everywhere? oh cause nobody wants to spend time calling out to people with pokemon around their lvl which TAKES the fun out of the game. This is a game,not real life as im sure your aware that mmos have lvl numbers above peoples heads for a reason(indicates you can and not screw with). If you want to get into the real aspect then trainers in the show didnt make callouts to random trainers in different cities just for a quick battle

Which makes more sense? lookin at someones party to see if there around your lvl to duel them on the spot or take forever trying to get a duel from someone who claims to be on your lvl?

like I said the option to have your pokemon unseeable by other people in settings would be for people who dont like others to see what they have

only other option is having a lowest,average, and max lvl indication of their pokemon on everyone instead of only when you send a duel request would let people know what lvl your on without revealing what pokemon you have.

If so fun why arent people having fun dueling left and right everywhere? oh cause nobody wants to spend time calling out to people with pokemon around their lvl which TAKES the fun out of the game.

Your first sentence makes it seem like you're upset and on the defensive. Calm down, take a breath. Now, the reason why there are not that many people going around battling, is due to a few reasons.

• They're still progressing through the storyline, thus aren't trying to battle people, just get all areas, and pokemon available.
  • They're training their pokemon. Most people battle with specially trained pokemon. EV trained and what-not. They're building their team.
  • People might not just want to battle yet. We are still waiting for Gen II-III Pokemon, along with breeding. Right now isn't a good time for comps.

This is a game,not real life as im sure your aware that mmos have lvl numbers above peoples heads for a reason(indicates you can and not screw with). If you want to get into the real aspect then trainers in the show didnt make callouts to random trainers in different cities just for a quick battle

Trainers in the show, and in the game, didn't make callouts. It's built more realistically. There aren't giant signs over their head that says how pathetic their caterpies are. Nor are there ones that say that guys Gyrados is a fucking beast. People would meet up in random, and battle. If you got your ass handed to you, that's what people call a learning experience. If people want to guarantee a fight with someone around their level, we should have an area where people can battle in a central location.

Which makes more sense? lookin at someones party to see if there around your lvl to duel them on the spot or take forever trying to get a duel from someone who claims to be on your lvl?

Which makes more sense? Well actually the more realistic approach would probably be the best option. Perhaps post on the forum, or sit in one central location like I mentioned above. If I battle someone , why would I show them my party? This would effectively ruin the any chance of having a wall that the opponent wasn't expecting or some other example such as an uncommon sweeper. Showing your party before a battle is like playing poker while showing your entire hand to the table. You're killing your chances of winning.

like I said the option to have your pokemon unseeable by other people in settings would be for people who dont like others to see what they have

Or just have it not shown all together. That would save plenty of time and effort. Don't you agree?

only other option is having a lowest,average, and max lvl indication of their pokemon on everyone instead of only when you send a duel request would let people know what lvl your on without revealing what pokemon you have.

Instead of showing our levels, we should be showing off something else that would define skill. Perhaps some sort of skill level? Or wins? Hell, at low levels you could even show someone's trainer card to get a good grasp at what the player's level is at.

Also, try to type with punctuation and capitalization. I'm being as open and not judgemental as possible. I believe that if you convey your thoughts and feelings in a more structured manner, your point could get across to more people:) If English isn't your first language, and you have any questions, I'm always open to any PMs!:)

I don't like this idea. It's against the spirit of pokemon to know your opponent's lineup ahead of time. The average level counter is fine, it just needs to work both ways. Currently (unless it's been changed and I didn't notice), only the person being challenged gets a prompt showing the average level of the challenger. You should be able to see the average level of the person you are challenging and back out if it's much higher than you can deal with. I've had to accept duels from lower level players several times and ended up wiping the floor with them; to me, rejecting a duel is cowardice (unless they GROSSLY overlevel you and you stand no chance at all) and would be unacceptable. If the opponent could see my average level, they would have been able to cancel the duel after I accept. Maybe something like: "Your duel request has been accepted. Opponent's average level: X. Are you sure you wish to continue?"

Your first sentence makes it seem like you're upset and on the defensive. Calm down, take a breath. Now, the reason why there are not that many people going around battling, is due to a few reasons.

• They're still progressing through the storyline, thus aren't trying to battle people, just get all areas, and pokemon available.
  • They're training their pokemon. Most people battle with specially trained pokemon. EV trained and what-not. They're building their team.
  • People might not just want to battle yet. We are still waiting for Gen II-III Pokemon, along with breeding. Right now isn't a good time for comps.

Trainers in the show, and in the game, didn't make callouts. It's built more realistically. There aren't giant signs over their head that says how pathetic their caterpies are. Nor are there ones that say that guys Gyrados is a fucking beast. People would meet up in random, and battle. If you got your ass handed to you, that's what people call a learning experience. If people want to guarantee a fight with someone around their level, we should have an area where people can battle in a central location.

Which makes more sense? Well actually the more realistic approach would probably be the best option. Perhaps post on the forum, or sit in one central location like I mentioned above. If I battle someone , why would I show them my party? This would effectively ruin the any chance of having a wall that the opponent wasn't expecting or some other example such as an uncommon sweeper. Showing your party before a battle is like playing poker while showing your entire hand to the table. You're killing your chances of winning.

Or just have it not shown all together. That would save plenty of time and effort. Don't you agree?

Instead of showing our levels, we should be showing off something else that would define skill. Perhaps some sort of skill level? Or wins? Hell, at low levels you could even show someone's trainer card to get a good grasp at what the player's level is at.

Also, try to type with punctuation and capitalization. I'm being as open and not judgemental as possible. I believe that if you convey your thoughts and feelings in a more structured manner, your point could get across to more people:) If English isn't your first language, and you have any questions, I'm always open to any PMs! :)

To summarize this wall of text lol, you think a majority of people prefer to not know their opponents pokemon lvls before they battle. By your mmo logic then nobody prefers to know their opponents lvl before a duel cause if that mmo was real life then you wouldnt see their lvls, but were playing an mmo which is a game and a majority of people like battles on the spot which they dont want to do now because they dont have any indication on the persons lvl of pokemon.

A mmo based on a show always has to sacrifice realisticity on the show for the sake of fun and benefit of that mmo. Right now tournys are the most viable option for the most battles when it should be actual random on the spot battles which more people want. Also a battle record would be perfect which opens up whole new rewards and qualifications for things

Also by people being able to view the others pokemon party and lvls(not skills and stats) that will get people to easily ask others questions like "Where did you get that pokemon" and "Is that pokemon good", and it would make them want to challenge certain trained pokemon to battles. Im sure a good amount of people would want this

Again,lol the option to have your whole party from beeing unseeable in settings would be for the people that want to be more like the show

I think this has been mentioned before, but what about an alert based upon the difference between yours and your opponents average party level?

We could also have some sort of ranking system that divides the trainers in various ranks named after NPC Trainer classes (From Youngster to Ace Trainer in example).

Most MMOs I know simply show the character level or use the worn armor as indicators, but that simply isn't possible. The only other way I know is to divide the users by a ranking system like the one I've mentioned above.

Just make sure it doesn't turn into some silly e-penis that everybody is desperately trying to grow larger. Don't encourage fagg0ts.

To summarize this wall of text lol, you think a majority of people prefer to not know their opponents pokemon lvls before they battle. By your mmo logic then nobody prefers to know their opponents lvl before a duel cause if that mmo was real life then you wouldnt see their lvls, but were playing an mmo which is a game and a majority of people like battles on the spot which they dont want to do now because they dont have any indication on the persons lvl of pokemon.

A mmo based on a show always has to sacrifice realisticity on the show for the sake of fun and benefit of that mmo. Right now tournys are the most viable option for the most battles when it should be actual random on the spot battles which more people want. Also a battle record would be perfect which opens up whole new rewards and qualifications for things

Also by people being able to view the others pokemon party and lvls(not skills and stats) that will get people to easily ask others questions like "Where did you get that pokemon" and "Is that pokemon good", and it would make them want to challenge certain trained pokemon to battles. Im sure a good amount of people would want this

Again,lol the option to have your whole party from beeing unseeable in settings would be for the people that want to be more like the show

Yes. Excellent. Your punctuation and grammar makes me giddy on the inside. <3 this post.

And I'm too tired to read and think of a response, so I'll just say I agree.

Here's a thought.....why not separate players using a league system? Much like SC2?

Here's a thought.....why not separate players using a league system? Much like SC2?

I don't know that much about Star Craft, but we could also introduce two new Channels: "Casual Player" and "Forever: uguus". I bet that'd be way faster than that League system.

I don't know that much about Star Craft, but we could also introduce two new Channels: "Casual Player" and "Forever: uguus". I bet that'd be way faster than that League system.

>Making fun of people who play this game seriously

>Realizing you are playing a pokemon game on the computer

>Most people would call you a nerd for playing

Ok bro. Do you even lift?

I think average lvl/highest lvl should be visible.

Pokemon type/skills/evs/ivs/ and # of pokemon should all be kept secret.

People with endgame leveled pokemon running around viridian city and pewter city with pidgey's and weedle's following them ruined any desire I had in challenging people to duels. MMO's usually have a level indicator or they have a level range where you can have some good old PvP fun. You shouldn't be punished for trying to make a community game more sociable by interacting with other players.

I don't see why people are so against seeing avg and max levels, mystery is still there in what type of pokemon and how many that they have, what moves they choose to use, etc.

I think average lvl/highest lvl should be visible.

Pokemon type/skills/evs/ivs/ and # of pokemon should all be kept secret.

People with endgame leveled pokemon running around viridian city and pewter city with pidgey's and weedle's following them ruined any desire I had in challenging people to duels. MMO's usually have a level indicator or they have a level range where you can have some good old PvP fun. You shouldn't be punished for trying to make a community game more sociable by interacting with other players.

I don't see why people are so against seeing avg and max levels, mystery is still there in what type of pokemon and how many that they have, what moves they choose to use, etc.

This.

Also, it should be reciprocal. Both players should only be able to see the opponents average/highest level. Not just the person sending the duel request.

I think both players should be able to see the average level and max level thing before a fight. It would encourage more players to have random battles. As it is now I'm just plain not going to challenge random people on the street because I don't want to end up going against a guy with a lvl 100 that will sweep my whole team, and I also don't want to end up against someone with a bunch of lvl 20's. Either that or an optional level scaler that will bump all your pokemon's stats up to what they would be at lvl 100 like what happens when you do a wifi battle on D/P/P. Then you would also have a way to have fair fights without having to find someone who has capped all their pokemon at the same level as yours.

I support this.

I like the idea of being able to see highest and average levels. Though a team preview for some tournaments wouldnt be too bad either.

I accept challenges based on the average/highest level. Usually I tend to see people with one or two high levels then a ton of low levels/HM slaves, or even just one high level at the lead when they challenge me looking for an easy win. Sadly Im one of those trainers in Viridian Forest doing some EV training. Getting some HP on Venusaur and all is a good thing, and letting a zubat or something follow me for bonus happiness points while I do so is two birds with one stone. There is no such thing as an easy win to the challenger, but there are easy wins for the one challenged... Its biased right now, which isnt fair to the challengers. Low level teams can see the high levels challenging them and decline, while high level teams can see the lower challenge and accept. Not very fun unless you are battling friends.

>Making fun of people who play this game seriously

>Realizing you are playing a pokemon game on the computer

>Most people would call you a nerd for playing

Ok bro. Do you even lift?

>Fails to realize the self-mockery in my post

>Reacts with a post entirely composed of meme crap

Not sure if I should be amused or sorry :o

I really like the average level idea. It's clean, simple and functional (n_n)

>Fails to realize the self-mockery in my post

>Reacts with a post entirely composed of meme crap

Not sure if I should be amused or sorry :o

I really like the average level idea. It's clean, simple and functional (n_n)

I was kidding too baby<3

Dont judge me too hard<3