No starters in first routes

javierdsv

Question

So it came to my attention that, since Sinnoh was added, Kanto starters are showing up in low routes in Kanto. 

I just convinced a friend of mine to start playing PokeMMO, and he just came across a bulbasaur in route 5 and charmander in rock tunnel, he said this feels unnatural, and defeats the purpose of selecting a starter at the beginning of the game. 

I'd like to suggest to move them to the last routes, or make them appear only when you have a certain amount of badges, not right at the beginning of the game. As it could scare away some veterans wanting to try PokeMMO. 

1 answer to this question

6 hours ago, javierdsv said:

So it came to my attention that, since Sinnoh was added, Kanto starters are showing up in low routes in Kanto. 

I just convinced a friend of mine to start playing PokeMMO, and he just came across a bulbasaur in route 5 and charmander in rock tunnel, he said this feels unnatural, and defeats the purpose of selecting a starter at the beginning of the game. 

I'd like to suggest to move them to the last routes, or make them appear only when you have a certain amount of badges, not right at the beginning of the game. As it could scare away some veterans wanting to try PokeMMO. 

They were previously locked behind a mid-game side quest on the Sevii Islands as per the original Gen 3 games, but I believe the change in location was so as to sync up more with the locations from the newer Lets Go games.