[Denied] Lucky Eggs in the Gift Shop?

This is a discussion I've had a few times in the ingame chatbox, and I feel it could be a benefit to everyone if used properly. I think Lucky Eggs (and perhaps similar items later on) should be made available in the Gift Shop.

[b]The 'Pay2Win' complaints[/b]

I don't think this is an issue. Firstly, this game isn't new. If it had been out for a week and you could get Lucky Eggs, then perhaps that's not good. As it stands, this thing has been going for a year now, and there are a shitton of people who have maxed their pokemon out. This doesn't unbalance anything in the grand scheme of things, as this game has never been a 'race' to level up. You don't have to battle anyone, and for what it's worth, I don't anyway.

1) The Devs
This provides an additional source of income that doesn't leave the devs in any sort of legal trouble (as it can be classed as a 'donation' still probably) and it will help motivate them to keep introducing new features, as well as (obviously) help with the undoubtedly massive server costs.

2) The Buyer
If someone wants to buy a Lucky Egg for real money (and the option became available), then more power to them. They would rather do that than try and rely on a slice of luck that may never happen.

3) Non-buyers
These people aren't at a disadvantage. They can still catch Lucky Eggs, and they can still level up at a reasonable pace. It's not an attempt to give advantages to those who are employed over others who aren't, and it doesn't apply anyway - the idea is that Lucky Eggs are available in this shop and in game.

Would be nice to hear your opinions.

boinQ

[size=8]NOPE.[/size]

Fuck that bullshit, I'm not going to pay just for a lucky egg.
MAYBE if it was sold in the celadon supermarket or something, BUT NOT FOR REAL MONEY.
That's pay2win, and your arguments are invalid, because you still pay for something other people have to work their asses off for WEEKS for. (at least)

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358459676' post='165780']
I give no fucks about trade values and that bullshit, I simply care about pay2win.
But that too I guess.
[/quote]

I was tossing that out there as a possible benefit. B) lol.
I have my one Lucky Egg. That is all anyone really needs.

[quote name='uMadBro' timestamp='1358459752' post='165784']
Its sad to see how many people are desperate for lucky eggs. I bet if I made a topic that I would trade a lucky egg for a nude picture of themselfs, I probably would get 20 replies in 5 minuts, hmm maybe I should try dat:o
[/quote]

You are probably right. Now, I would never do that but I am pretty desperate for one xD

Just 1 though, So i have enhanced exp

[quote name='Giygas' timestamp='1358459944' post='165788']
You already can pay for an increased EXP rate.

All this would do is break the economy in such a Pay2Win way it's not even funny.
[/quote]

The economy will have to change eventually. (Though thinking about it, maybe not)

EDIT: Away from Lucky Eggs, is what I meant by change.

[quote name='Giygas' timestamp='1358459944' post='165788']
You already can pay for an increased EXP rate.

All this would do is break the economy in such a Pay2Win way it's not even funny.
[/quote]This so much.
[quote name='jarrod0306' timestamp='1358460107' post='165792']
The economy will have to change eventually. (Though thinking about it, maybe not)
[/quote]Fuck this economy bullshit, seriously. I just refuse to allow for pay2win.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358459414' post='165774']
[size=8]NOPE.[/size]

MAYBE if it was sold in the celadon supermarket or something, BUT NOT FOR REAL MONEY.
That's pay2win, and your arguments are invalid, because you still pay for something other people have to work their asses off for WEEKS for. (at least)
[/quote]
Celadon supermarket? You've then got a problem with the disparity between those that know about the Pay Day+Amulet Coin+Resort Gorgeous 'glitch'. If it was worth a million (hypothetically) that takes a random player months to earn but another player a couple of days. So why's that different from what I'm suggesting?

Unless some of you are complaining about it because it affects you directly in a negative way (lack of funds, maybe). It's not as if I was suggesting it would be for sale for an unobtainable amount of money. If you aren't employed, then you have more spare time to find an egg :)

Devs, if you reach the point where the server costs get too much, you know what must be done.

[quote name='boinQ' timestamp='1358460298' post='165797']
Celadon supermarket? You've then got a problem with the disparity between those that know about the Pay Day+Amulet Coin+Resort Gorgeous 'glitch'. If it was worth a million (hypothetically) that takes a random player months to earn but another player a couple of days. So why's that different from what I'm suggesting?

Unless some of you are complaining about it because it affects you directly in a negative way (lack of funds, maybe). It's not as if I was suggesting it would be for sale for an unobtainable amount of money. If you aren't employed, then you have more spare time to find an egg :)

Devs, if you reach the point where the server costs get too much, you know what must be done.
[/quote]

I dont think u have to feel sorry for the devs concerning earnings.. enuff people donating

You're already given a set exp increase, so allowing people to purchase lucky eggs ontop of that to stack the exp increase might be a little too much.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that Lucky Eggs are currently being used as some sort of a currency, allowing people to purchase a currency with real money really does make the game Pay2Win.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358459414' post='165774']
[size=8]NOPE.[/size]

[/quote]

[quote name='boinQ' timestamp='1358460298' post='165797']

[/quote]What resort gorgeous glitch?
I'm a donator, it doesn't affect me. I'm just refusing to allow for pay2win. That would be like being able to purchase ingame money with donation gift shop points generated by IRL money. Too direct an exchange. Nope

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358466811' post='165851']
Do I need to post a giant captain picard facepalm picture, or do you already realize how pointless and exploitable and dumb that would be?
[/quote]

Do I care? No. And exploit my ass. You can exploit all the other donator's benefits.

EDIT: Oops, let me correct that statement. You can exploit all the other donator's benefits IF you have no life and sacrifice your time playing this game for numerous hours without a break.

[quote name='AestheticsBrah' timestamp='1358467521' post='165860']
Why does everyone try to find silly suggestions to get stuff like eggs and shinys so easily?
[/quote]Because they're lazy losers who want it to be sooooo easy. Me? I just want to be able to fight chanseys outside of the safari zone. That's it for me. I couldn't give two shits less about shinies.
[quote name='KHXIII' timestamp='1358467932' post='165867']
Do I care? No. And exploit my ass. You can exploit all the other donator's benefits.

EDIT: Oops, let me correct that statement. You can exploit all the other donator's benefits IF you have no life and sacrifice your time playing this game for numerous hours without a break.
[/quote]You're being an idiot if you can't see the exploit of rented items. Let me explain:
Someone makes a throwaway account. Donates. Rents a lucky egg. Put it on their pokemon. PUT IT ON THE MARKET AND TRADE IT.
Now they just traded for another lucky egg, a shiny, or whatever.
What now?
When the rent is up, the rent is up. That egg goes bye bye.
Market. Ruined. Forever. Huge cheating exploit.

Make it non-tradeable. Still pay2win.
Game. Ruined. Forever.

You see the point I'm trying to make here?

requesting thread lock.