Suggestion

xjamesmememesx

Question

Hello, I've played different pokemon mmo games, recently started playing pokemmo and Im enjoying it a lot, but I recently noticed something you could implement to improve the game experience, which is the most important part of a game. Ive been playing OU pvp battles, and even though most of the time you battle different players, recently I ended up batting the same person three times in a row, which being honest its kinda annoying, because the opponent already knows your team, and if you won the last time,  he/she can try to prevent your strategy for you to win, but in general its not fun to battle the same person so many times, from my experience from other games, you could try to implement a way in which you dont ran into the same players, you can do it base on some time, or just amount of battle, maybe 10 min for you to be able to face the same person, or one, two, or three battles in between in which you cant battle the same person. 

In pvp platforms like showdown for example, the amounnt of active players makes it really hard for that to happen, but its a really good feature to implement in a mmo. hope this suggestion makes it further, have a nice day. 

Seeya. 

2 answers to this question

While I can understand the frustration, you can't really compare it to Pokémon showdown. In showdown, everyone that logs in comes for the same purpose, to PvP, so there is no problem for the system to not make you fight the same opponent in a row.

In pokemmo however, PvP is only one aspect. Players can be completing the story, shunting, gym rerunning, breeding, etc. So PvP matchups depends on how many players happen to be queuing at the same time as you. And if it so happens only a handful of people join the queue the matchups might end up being the same alot of times until more people join the PvP queue