let's have a word about those events

Just wanted to voice my discontent with the general event design, specifically Halloween and the anniversary event. Having a basically unbeatable fight that is just possible with some cheese strat (use specific pokemon x, y, z and feed them x-specials etc.) is just no fun at all. I really like pokemmo and appreciate the time that went into making something like this, but those events always leave a bad taste in my mouth. Either way you have to get the pokemon combo to experience the full event or you just skip doing it, which equally feels bad imo.  

2 hours ago, Fredward said:

Just wanted to voice my discontent with the general event design, specifically Halloween and the anniversary event. Having a basically unbeatable fight that is just possible with some cheese strat (use specific pokemon x, y, z and feed them x-specials etc.) is just no fun at all. I really like pokemmo and appreciate the time that went into making something like this, but those events always leave a bad taste in my mouth. Either way you have to get the pokemon combo to experience the full event or you just skip doing it, which equally feels bad imo.  

Well events have always been that way
the annoying point is that this event is exactly the halloween event

1 hour ago, Branaso said:

It's Your own opinion, i really appreciate the work the devs did for this event, and i really enjoyed it with my friends.

Btw if you think it's bad... Then it's your skill issue 

People like this is the reason why we got a mediocre event

55 minutes ago, ProfessorBlue said:

I don't understand why you feel the boss to be unbeatable, this boss is nothing compared to Halloween and that's the reason golden chests dropped to 50k in a single day. 

I think you didn't see the part in his post where he said that is beatable by some niche strat or build that is specifically made to only beat the boss. It's definitely not unbeatable, but it's really annoying at least in the realm of boss design that this thing is really only attemptable by Bliss/Chansey/Togekiss/maybe Clefable. That's lame as hell.

The boss just comes across that it is only for people that have the resources/these comps already made up. I did it like 20 times because I luckily had these pokemon already but it probably comes off as annoying to the person who only has like 300k that they are locked off from playing events like these. You know what actually reeks for the economy? Activities/events like these that definitely have the potential to rise up one's yen, yet are really only accessible to the rich players in pokeMMO.

5 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

annoying to the person who only has like 300k that they are locked off from playing events like these. You know what actually reeks for the economy? Activities/events like these that definitely have the potential to rise up one's yen, yet are really only accessible to the rich players in pokeMMO

I feel like I should play devil advocate here because if you want to include players with 300k into playing event you are limiting yourself as to what you can offer as event. 300k is nothing and any player who completed at least one story should have more. It's normal that the event is designed for ppl with more resources than 300k because I'm pretty sure it concerns like 95% of playerbase (or else what are you doing with your money). 

What I can join you on, is that there's a definite gap between a casual player and someone with more resources in the way they can farm the event and make money, with the best money methods being really only accessible to grind by richer players. Sure, anyone can make team for boss and beat it once or twice. But to consecutively grind it and actually profit from it, you need a whole more lot of capital. The boss farming money method is one that doesn't really provide instant reward like the leaders do, and is more profitable on a long term, where you don't actually have to sell what you get immediately for it to be really worth. And that is an issue, since to battle you spend 160k average (with items and ditto). In like 6 battles you're down 1M and I assume 1M is what a casual player always keep in cash if they're active. 

So even if you can say that technically, casual players aren't deprived from boss, it is effective that in reality, it is an activity for rich players only if you seek profit off it, while most others just grind the little stuff. This division of players activities was more problematic during Halloween because this year, grinding leaders vs grinding boss have less difference in money making. 

6 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

I think you didn't see the part in his post where he said that is beatable by some niche strat or build that is specifically made to only beat the boss. It's definitely not unbeatable, but it's really annoying at least in the realm of boss design that this thing is really only attemptable by Bliss/Chansey/Togekiss/maybe Clefable. That's lame as hell.

The boss just comes across that it is only for people that have the resources/these comps already made up. I did it like 20 times because I luckily had these pokemon already but it probably comes off as annoying to the person who only has like 300k that they are locked off from playing events like these. You know what actually reeks for the economy? Activities/events like these that definitely have the potential to rise up one's yen, yet are really only accessible to the rich players in pokeMMO.

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with what you say at all.

This event has been really easy, even for new players. Many of the newer members of my team have been able to make quite a bit of money from the event.

Breeding a team for the boss has been pretty cheap too. To breed my team for the boss I have spent less than 150k and it has worked quite well for me. As long as enough research is done the event should be pretty easy for everyone to handle.

The only complaint I can have with this event is that I was expecting more than just a Halloween copy-paste. Anyway, back to the main point, the event is quite accessible and not difficult at all, based on my experience and that of my fellow rookies on the team.

I hope everything is understandable, since English is not my native language.