[Denied]Prof. Oak's Speech: Ability to /unstuck From

[quote name='jakeypoo44' timestamp='1362069207' post='213420']
first you will need advancemap and XSE ( extreme script editor). You will have to google them for the download link.
[spoiler]Next you want to open up advance map and load up the rom you are using (you may want to create a backup just in case you screw up). also click settings on the top toolbar and click choose script editor, from there just find wherever you saved XSE.
Now you want to open up nurse joys script (doesn't matter which nurse joy as they share the same script anyways).
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LH6ZWlZ.png[/img]
After opening up pokemon center map like I have done here, click the above tab that says events. This will make nurse joy visible.
Now just click nurse joy and click the button on the right side of the screen that says "open script"

At the bottom of the script you will find the "strings" section. feel free to crop this text however you like. NOTE: I don't think it's possible to just delete a string altogether (I don't know how at least), so instead of trying to delete the entire string just replace all of the text with a "."
/n means a new line in the text box, /p or /1 means new textbox.
After cropping altering the text just press the little compile button, press close on the next window that pops up and then just exit the script and save when it prompts you to do so.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gZjOCme.png[/img]
The compile button is that little blue button to the right of the ROM file location[/spoiler]Simple :)
[/quote]

Hey dude my [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]extreme script editor starts then closes straight away. i don't know what to do. Help? [/font][/color]

[quote name='HomoOompaLoompa' timestamp='1362091676' post='213787']
Hey dude my [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]extreme script editor starts then closes straight away. i don't know what to do. Help? [/font][/color]
[/quote]
Is it the one that says something like "error 9"? something out of bounds-

if so, disconnect your internet, open the program and turn off automatic updates.

[quote name='Giygas' timestamp='1362091841' post='213789']
Is it the one that says something like "error 9"? something out of bounds-

if so, disconnect your internet, open the program and turn off automatic updates.
[/quote]

no, or at least i don't think so. i open it, it opens for one second then closes its self and doesn't tell me anything.

[quote name='jakeypoo44' timestamp='1362069207' post='213420']
first you will need advancemap and XSE ( extreme script editor). You will have to google them for the download link.
[spoiler]Next you want to open up advance map and load up the rom you are using (you may want to create a backup just in case you screw up). also click settings on the top toolbar and click choose script editor, from there just find wherever you saved XSE.
Now you want to open up nurse joys script (doesn't matter which nurse joy as they share the same script anyways).
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LH6ZWlZ.png[/img]
After opening up pokemon center map like I have done here, click the above tab that says events. This will make nurse joy visible.
Now just click nurse joy and click the button on the right side of the screen that says "open script"

At the bottom of the script you will find the "strings" section. feel free to crop this text however you like. NOTE: I don't think it's possible to just delete a string altogether (I don't know how at least), so instead of trying to delete the entire string just replace all of the text with a "."
/n means a new line in the text box, /p or /1 means new textbox.
After cropping altering the text just press the little compile button, press close on the next window that pops up and then just exit the script and save when it prompts you to do so.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gZjOCme.png[/img]
The compile button is that little blue button to the right of the ROM file location[/spoiler]Simple :)
[/quote]

where do i save the edited thing to.?

I personally won't edit the Elite 4 scripts, seeing as they are touchy scripts when it comes to recovering a lost script. It's too bad you can't insert scripts, though (I guess the developers aren't stupid enough to let me give myself unreleased Pokemon).

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1362120133' post='214193']
I personally won't edit the Elite 4 scripts, seeing as they are touchy scripts when it comes to recovering a lost script. It's too bad you can't insert scripts, though (I guess the developers aren't stupid enough to let me give myself unreleased Pokemon).
[/quote]

yes i may have tried that aswel haha

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1362093278' post='213812']
I edited all my script changes and saved them, said it worked fine... nothing changed in game :(

Do I have to save them somewhere specific?

Or if someone is feeling *really* generous would they like to just make a [b]more detailed[/b] guide? :3
[/quote]
Oh.

If you downloaded XSE (eXtreme Script Editor), there is an in-tool tutorial, press F2 button to open it! There are plenty of tutorials in hacking forums such as PC (PokeCommunity).
Advance Map is very user-friendly you it is easy to edit simple stuff using it, especialy simple things like a specific person's speech. Besides, here you just want to reduce the length of the speech, there will be no need for repointing or such.

Just open AM (Advance Map), go to "settings" > "set script editor" and then browse for XSE.exe. It will prompt you with a mesage just respond with "no".
Then, still in AM, browse for the map where the person you want to moify is in. Once you find it, double-click that person, scroll downun til you find something like:
@org 0x*random hexadecimal value here*
= Clear piece of text in English. lol

You just edit that "piece of text" (P.S.: removing "\n", "\l", and "\p" will be more than enough) Don't insert a text that is bigger than the original one!
Once done editing the text you just have to compile by clicking the "gears" icon.

Oh, and before that, you should back-up your rom just in case.... But AM automatically saves a back-up anyway bt rewrites the said back-up if your re-open the rom....

Prof. Oak's speech is in a knd of "hidden" script, what is known as level script... It is in the map's header... Anyway, in my rom, this is the offset of the script where Prof. Oak's speech is in: "[b]162B76[/b]" if we have the same offset, which is most likely the case, just open your rom in XSE and type this offset in there then click the decompiler icon. A script will then show up, scroll down un til you find Oak's speech;
[spoiler]= OAK: [rival][.]\nI'm disappointed in you.\pI came when I heard you'd beaten\nthe ELITE FOUR.\pBut, when I got here, you had\nalready lost!\p[rival], do you understand why\nyou lost?\pYou have forgotten to treat your\nPOKéMON with love and trust.\pWithout them, you will never\nbecome a CHAMP again!

#org 0x1791A3
= OAK: [player].\pYou understand that your victory\nwas not just your own doing.\pThe bond you share with your\nPOKéMON is marvelous.\p[player]!\nCome with me!

[/spoiler]
Try to replace them with something like. (remember, those symbols: \n, \l and \p are the bastards who make us click A-key 10 thousands times)
[spoiler]
= OAK: Kakuna
#org 0x1791A3
= OAK: Rattata
[/spoiler]
Then compile (after backing up ofc...)

[quote name='KurapikaET' timestamp='1362339848' post='217109']
If you downloaded XSE (eXtreme Script Editor), there is an in-tool tutorial, press F2 button to open it! There are plenty of tutorials in hacking forums such as PC (PokeCommunity).
Advance Map is very user-friendly you it is easy to edit simple stuff using it, especialy simple things like a specific person's speech. Besides, here you just want to reduce the length of the speech, there will be no need for repointing or such.

Just open AM (Advance Map), go to "settings" > "set script editor" and then browse for XSE.exe. It will prompt you with a mesage just respond with "no".
Then, still in AM, browse for the map where the person you want to moify is in. Once you find it, double-click that person, scroll downun til you find something like:

You just edit that "piece of text" (P.S.: removing "\n", "\l", and "\p" will be more than enough) Don't insert a text that is bigger than the original one!
Once done editing the text you just have to compile by clicking the "gears" icon.

Oh, and before that, you should back-up your rom just in case.... But AM automatically saves a back-up anyway bt rewrites the said back-up if your re-open the rom....

Prof. Oak's speech is in a knd of "hidden" script, what is known as level script... It is in the map's header... Anyway, in my rom, this is the offset of the script where Prof. Oak's speech is in: "[b]162B76[/b]" if we have the same offset, which is most likely the case, just open your rom in XSE and type this offset in there then click the decompiler icon. A script will then show up, scroll down un til you find Oak's speech;
[spoiler]= OAK: [rival][.]\nI'm disappointed in you.\pI came when I heard you'd beaten\nthe ELITE FOUR.\pBut, when I got here, you had\nalready lost!\p[rival], do you understand why\nyou lost?\pYou have forgotten to treat your\nPOKéMON with love and trust.\pWithout them, you will never\nbecome a CHAMP again!

#org 0x1791A3
= OAK: [player].\pYou understand that your victory\nwas not just your own doing.\pThe bond you share with your\nPOKéMON is marvelous.\p[player]!\nCome with me!

[/spoiler]
Try to replace them with something like. (remember, those symbols: \n, \l and \p are the bastards who make us click A-key 10 thousands times)
[spoiler]
#org 0x1791A3
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

you are awesome thank you :)

quick question on this, there anything else you can do with AM, apart from editing what people say?

#org 0x1791A3

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
#org 0x1791A3
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

thanks a lot, i managed to change the text and all, but when i tried in-game still nothing changed, is there something i need to do after i compile and save?

EDIT: never mind, it's finally working in-game now !!! thank you so much

#org 0x1791A3

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
#org 0x1791A3
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

wooow thanks for this :D

No problem guys, it's honestly nothing that awesome. XD

[quote name='HomoOompaLoompa' timestamp='1362342823' post='217140']
quick question on this, there anything else you can do with AM, apart from editing what people say?
[/quote]
Yes, you can change the tilesets and overworld sprites too I suppose.
You can also do more other things such as altering the wild encounters, modifying the maps and the movement permission, adding people, items, ... etc but these kind of stuff will not work with PokeMMO. Hehe!
EDIT: Ninja'd ;_;

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Tarkin' timestamp='1363639859' post='234659']
So I decided to try this...

"Command database not found. Please restore it."

This is what it says when I open the script (trying Nurse Joy's script)

What should I do now?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Hc4vaQO.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I'm no pro, but trying extracting everything first, then retrying it. That always works for me.

This is kinda handy, since it reduces the button presses for Nurse Joy by afew.
Unfortunatly it seems like you can't just delete message boxes, as I'd much more prefer the Nurse Joy script to go:
[quote]Would you like to heal your POKeMON? Y/N
On Y: heal function, end of conversation.
On N: end of conversation.[/quote]