Managed to get PokeMMO running on SteamOS with Java running natively

wget -O - https://download.java.net/java/GA/jdk17.0.2/dfd4a8d0985749f896bed50d7138ee7f/8/GPL/openjdk-17.0.2_linux-x64_bin.tar.gz | tar -xz

ok so what i pretty much have done is to get java installed on the steam deck is:

also keep READ ONLY ENABLED!!!

it should work as intended without needing to disable it

after doing such and letting it install...

add the game as a Non-Steam game within the Steam DESKTOP mode 
then go to the cog wheel and go to the shortcut 
then at TARGET put in: 

/home/deck/jdk-17.0.2/bin/java"

After select START IN to where ever the PokeMMO-Client folder is containing all the files from the linux download

BEFORE WE START PLAYING

also cause idk how to properly edit this

go back to the DESKTOP mode

go to the PokeMMO.sh

and change it to >

/usr/lib/jvm/java-17-jdk/bin/java -Xmx384M -Dfile.encoding="UTF-8" -cp PokeMMO.exe com.pokeemu.client.Client

Usually most of this is already set however just add the first bit in front of the rest: or just copy the lines above ^^^ 

/usr/lib/jvm/java-17-jdk/bin/java

i did this first a whole different way which eventually evolved into being this after steam os updates decided to delete JAVA before
hopefully NOW i shouldn't do that anymore 🙂

Edited by SplashyRiveria
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 8:19 AM, Ghackt said:

Only issue I have is you can’t player inspect on steam deck like right click as if you could on PC for trading tried everything to get that function by just taping a player

Yeah i'm unsure how but i wish they could make it so you use the Touch Pads as mouse left and right click but sadly these are oddly reserved defaulted to the Quick-Menu 😞

i Mainly use it to like Shunt or solo re-do regions with an alt while i am like not at my pc it's easier to control then Mobile Imo