Alpha swarms discourage me from playing, am I alone?

tg3

I want to play competitive, but with all the Hidden Abilities trickling out slowly over time, it makes me really uncomfortable spending the money to put together teams when the tiers are likely to change, and certain Pokemon becoming outclassed by others because now their HA is available...

I do like the idea of having the Hidden Abilities, and I understand why they did it this way. But it just feels kinda bad to me. So I've just been playing with the team I already had, and I feel like I'll not want to make any more competitive Pokemon for a pretty long time... which is kinda the thing I was most enjoying about PokeMMO.

Tell me I'm crazy! Make me believe! I want to keep playing but I just got really discouraged when I thought about how HA's will not allow the meta to stabilize much.

Man are you crazy !!! 

But that s the goal of releasing Ha slowly slowly

What is the joy in releasing all HA at once, there s no joy and excitment about it

It s all about making everybody spend money here and there 

That s the purpose from thé 1st time

Accept that fact bro

Enjoy the méta of today (ingame Day) 

And tomorrow à New méta, and so on. 

And Just wait for dragonite hidden Ability to be released 😄 (i think of someone right now waiting for it ) 

3 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

It s all about making everybody spend money here and there 

That s the purpose from thé 1st time

Accept that fact bro

It sounds like that will work out fine if you can play all day. It takes me a week to make enough to build one Pokemon, let alone a team... just seems like I won't be able to keep up. I guess I should just play Randoms lol. Maybe there's a comp that will work for a long time but it's impossible to know! I guess that's just my problem.

Plenty of relevant pokemon don't have a HA or won't use it if they get it, you could make those. You could also just go with semicomps for pokemon you're worried about being outclassed, though either way whatever comp you breed should retain value because of how breeding works. It'll just take a while to sell something if you don't want it anymore but it's not like your money is gone forever.

I'm a grinder so it really didn't bother me that much but I got somewhat discouraged when I missed the first Alpha Ditto because I was sleeping, which is why I understand how you feel but it was obvious they were going to appear again. The cost of buying most alphas on GTL is lower now too because people stopped taking it as an event thing.

Regarding the meta changing, realistically, with some research you can predict what the tiers will look like, just visit Smogon.

You don't really need to catch all the alphas daily, getting some is enough. It's not like you can build 2/3 comps with HAs daily anyways, unless you are willing to spend a ton of money.

I feel like the current unstable state of the metagame couldn't have been avoided unless maybe you introduce them one at a time which could take years given how many of them there are. It's completely fair to feel this way but I also feel like they couldn't have done it any better than this. It's been discouraging me from breeding comps too but like the comment above me said, your breeds will still retain value. It's not such a bad idea to try things out, especially with semi-comps.