[Denied]Snorlax Respawn

[quote name='Halvaard' timestamp='1362827878' post='223237']
With some preparation that's pretty easy.
Catch a lv 19-20 Grass type for Brock and Misty.
[/quote]

Interesting considering that you need to get the Cascade Badge (by beating misty) in order to have an level 10+ outsider pokemon obey you during combat. You might be able to do it the way you said, with a randomly lucky shot (when your poke is not loafing around), but most likely you are best off just playing the game normally (my experience is it is much quicker that way).

However I generally agree with your point- it is not hard to get a snorlax, and should not take very long.

I don't really see the point in this TBH. You already get 2 attempts for Snorlax every game, which is more than for Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Omanyte, Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee for example. And even from those, you can get only 3/5 per playthrough. Fainting a Snorlax is annoying, I did it on my first playthrough, but at least you always have the second one. So basically it's a guaranteed Snorlax since there's no reason to go for it without proper precautions. (False Swipe & Sleep & loads of Ultra Balls)

[quote name='ProfessorElderberry' timestamp='1362896300' post='224010']
Interesting considering that you need to get the Cascade Badge (by beating misty) in order to have an level [s][b]10+ [/b][/s][b]20+[/b] outsider pokemon obey you during combat.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I FTFY.

[quote name='Prissi' timestamp='1362916997' post='224208']
hate this idea, dont destroy the game guys.
[/quote]

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc99xdfMqw1riahmqo1_400.gif[/img]

When breeding is implemented, Snorlaxes will be everywhere. They already [i]are[/i] everywhere.

[quote name='Silkkeri' timestamp='1362906681' post='224094']
I don't really see the point in this TBH. You already get 2 attempts for Snorlax every game, which is more than for Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Omanyte, Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee for example. And even from those, you can get only 3/5 per playthrough. Fainting a Snorlax is annoying, I did it on my first playthrough, but at least you always have the second one. So basically it's a guaranteed Snorlax since there's no reason to go for it without proper precautions. (False Swipe & Sleep & loads of Ultra Balls)
[/quote]

Good point. *Cough*Make them*Cough*renewable*Cough*too*Cough* Think I need a drink, I'm Koffing alot.

[spoiler][img]http://th00.deviantart.net/fs45/300W/f/2009/101/b/7/Awesome_koffing_by_Sklavenbrause.png[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1362921317' post='224234']
Good point. *Cough*Make them*Cough*renewable*Cough*too*Cough* Think I need a drink, I'm Koffing alot.

[spoiler][img]http://th00.deviantart.net/fs45/300W/f/2009/101/b/7/Awesome_koffing_by_Sklavenbrause.png[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]

The delivery of that shitty pun was so charming I died inside.

[quote name='Fratley' timestamp='1362913994' post='224162']
I'm pretty sure I FTFY.
[/quote]

Nope. (but for what it's worth, I had to double check :D)

[quote name='Bulbapedia']
"Having fewer than two Badges means that no traded Pokémon whose level is above 10 will obey the player",
[/quote]

Taken from: [url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Level#Disobedience"]http://bulbapedia.bu...el#Disobedience[/url]

But I welcome you to try it yourself, if you do not believe me,... but when I tried this recently, this seemed to be the case.

[quote name='ProfessorElderberry' timestamp='1362933296' post='224351']
Nope. (but for what it's worth, I had to double check :D)
[/quote]

You're absolutely correct, my bad. I completely missed the part where you said "outsider" or "traded".
Here I was thinking "I never had trouble getting my level 19-20 Pikachu/Oddish/Bellsprout to obey me in this battle."

[quote name='Giygas' timestamp='1362888488' post='223964']
I don't mind the idea of respawning snorlaxes, but I'd like to hear what you think would make this better than just waiting patiently for breeding.
[/quote]

It would be a pretty cool feature imo. It makes the player wanna explore more.

On the other hand, breeding would easily fix this solution, so it is not really necessary. But still, it would be a nice feature.

[quote name='Giygas' timestamp='1362888488' post='223964']
I don't mind the idea of respawning snorlaxes, but I'd like to hear what you think would make this better than just waiting patiently for breeding.
[/quote]

The fact that we have to wait for breeding.

I don't think it's a bad idea to have it respawn weekly or bi-weekly, even monthly wouldn't be terrible. I really see nothing negative about it other than if people want to try and get better Snorlax's or making up for an "accidental" crit. Yes once breeding gets implemented it won't matter as much but it's an alternative to breeding at the very least and might make people log on who might not have originally just to try and get a better Snorlax. So no its not a necessary feature but I do think it'd be neat ^_^