Go Nidoking

Nidoking uses Poison Jab

Zangoose has been poisoned

Zangoose uses Close Combat

Is supereffective on Lapras

Zangoose's Def and sd.Def fell

Lapras uses Ice Beam

Zangoose died.

Zangoose can have either Immunity (can't be poisoned) or Toxic Boost, however, the only possibility between the two (toxic boost) didn't activate when poisoned.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

P.s. something should be done for all the not translated sentences in this game, Italian translation team...

Cattura.PNG

Without knowing what level, nature, HP% your lapras was at before being hit, etc.  We can't really tell anything from this screenshot.  Even in the absolute worst case scenario where the lapras was built to die from 1 hit to a zangoose in this situation, there would be the slight possibility it would survive from full HP.  Assuming the lapras is level 100.

10 hours ago, Munya said:

Without knowing what level, nature, HP% your lapras was at before being hit, etc.  We can't really tell anything from this screenshot.  Even in the absolute worst case scenario where the lapras was built to die from 1 hit to a zangoose in this situation, there would be the slight possibility it would survive from full HP.  Assuming the lapras is level 100.

For the press, it's a Modest Water Absorb Lapras, not boosted in any way, EVs in Sp.Atk (252) and Hp (200), lvl 100 with full life who recieved at maximum 1/3 of full HPs of damage by a 120 dmg supereffective move from a Gym Leader's trained lvl 83 Zangoose with (supposedly) Toxic Boost (attack augmented of 50%);

according to pokémon showdown my Lapras against a poisoned Zangoose with toxic boost and no EVs and nature should have received roughly 54%-63% of damage, with full Atk EVs 66%-78%, with Atk EVs and Adamant 72%-86%.

However, even if the numbers are pretty obvious, the problem here is that IF Norman's Zangoose had Toxic Boost, it was stated nowhere when/if it activated.

As always, correct me if I'm mistaken