Pokémmo tips

Hello everyone! I’m new here and am going to get started playing Pokémmo in a few days (I have to wait for my device to arrive from Amazon). Is there anything that I should know before starting? Are there any tips that you guys could share with me? It would be greatly appreciated! 

P.S. I wouldn’t say no to a few friend requests as well :)

P.S.S. How do you remove onscreen controls on android? My new device has an android OS but has dedicated control buttons. 

Tip no. 1: DO NOT START AT UNOVA UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR INTENSE GRINDING (Unova best place to EV train + Level up in my opinion)
Tip no. 2: Do Not waste Money

Tip no. 3: Make a GYM rerun team and do a GYM rerun

EXTRA TIP: Make MEME mons bc i make them all the time and there DEFINETLY NOT a waste of money 🙂

2 hours ago, Diggo94 said:

Thanks @Deathoftherex! Don’t you have to start on Unova though? I thought you could only travel after getting 4 gym badges. 

Diggo, you're free to start on any region that you want. And here is who are best starter to your region:

Kanto: Bulbasaur. Handle alone the early game(Winning 3 of 4 first gyms), when you start struggle with it, is only when you had a entire team to give backup.

Hoenn: Mudkip. You don't have weakness to any gym or elite 4 member of all hoenn. Also learns quake to you train Lvl after beat all regions

Unova: Samurott. Neither of the starters are too good than others starters, than other regions's good starters are over bad. Samurott beats alone E4 according to other players... and that's it. 

Sinnoh: Infernape. Don't question. Weak defensive bulk? Yea. But it had speed, a good atk and special atk, you will have no bad time using it.

Doesn't exist the best order to do regions. Only recommend to let Unova for doing for last. Starters isn't too great there. The starter recommendation is the recomendatikn of starter to you pick with professor. You can catch others later(check dex to see where).

Also, since you don't lost money when losing, you can retry any battle wihout consequences after losing. And on E4 you'll get healed after battle. So i don't recommend to spend any money with Potions or something else. Also, if you get a opportunity to heal, use it. And if you get stuck onto a position, step back and train a bit, if need a new mon, don't ask it on global, instead catch it.

As a new player, completing the storyline should be your prime focus. As for which region, whichever you enjoy honestly.

Save cash where you can, weight the costs in your run, and don't be afraid to grind if you need it. 

There are many ways to make a profit in Pokemmo. Gym reruns daily are very profitable and consistent; otherwise there are so many ways different methods post-game (Payday, thief, flipping, etc) 

Feel free to add me up if you need any help! 

Edited by AcidChrist

1) Watch patrouski's yt videos (especially his - tips for new players)

2) Get story guides for the region stories from yt. Pokemmo doesnt change much of the story from the original games so most of the yt guides will be fine. (Dont go into the distortion world without a guide xD that place is a maze)

3) Familiarise with pokemon lvl caps for each region (if you plan to switch regions before finishing one).

4) Maybe get to know the pokemmo rules. You dont want to get banned for things you could easily have avoided if you knew. ( -Running pokemmo on virtual machines, name hording xD) 

5) Just plan to have fun. You dont have to stick to the most efficient mons for beating regions. Just go for what you enjoy using. If you go the efficiency route pokemmo ends up being a chore and you will burn out. 

6) The pokemmo dex is a little different than for some of the classic games. Its going to be your best friend interms of figuring out what moves a pokemon can learn. Pokemon can learn more moves in pokemmo unlike in the original games. For example blastoise can learn shell smash which it couldnt learn in the original games.

7) Dont expect to be able to blitz through the stories with severely underlevel pokemon, that is just not going to happen xD.

8 ) The Ai is smarter than in the original games and will have solid strats to beat you. Some of them meme strats but very effective xD. The Ai will switch if it cant beat you and it doesnt always start with the same pokemon every time you battle them.

9) Join a pokemmo team. In case you were curious team [NDGO] is the best team on pokemmo dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

GL