Two Competing Servers with Shared Global Trading

MightyMichele

Question

Dear PokeMMO staff,

I have an exciting suggestion that could add a new layer of competition and excitement to the game. My idea is to split the game into two separate servers that compete against each other, but still access the same global link trade.

Players would be split between the two servers and would only be able to switch servers after a designated season. During each season, players would compete against each other on their respective servers to see which server can earn the most points.

The points system could be based on various in-game achievements, such as the number of badges earned, the number of battles won, or the amount of money earned. At the end of the season, the server with the most points would be declared the winner.

This would create a sense of friendly competition and excitement for players, as they strive to earn points for their respective servers. It would also create a sense of community and camaraderie among players on each server, as they work together to achieve a common goal.

Overall, I believe this idea would add a new level of engagement to the game and create a fun and competitive environment for players. Thank you for considering my suggestion, and I look forward new nice updates get implemented in the near future.

Best regards,

Mightymichele 

1 answer to this question

This idea could be great, but I don't believe dividing the visible population is ideal for any game-- especially considering that a majority of the playerbase does not PvP.

Though I do personally think it could work as a faction system, dividing teams/players onto the faction of their choice. This could lead into the many possibilities you've presented above. Perhaps even provide a faction chat option, that would basically function as a PvP chat.

Though it's a nice premise, I would need changes somewhat similar to what I've mentioned to support the suggestion.