Implement an automatic translator for people who hate english

Andr3a281093

Question

As far as I know, publish posts in this forum without using english is forbidden
But as many people think to be superior to those rules, and keep refusing english even after some warns, I've been thinking about 2 possible solutions

1. Implement an automatic translator in this forum

The first solution would be, when people publish something, that title and content of the post is automatically translated into english in case that language is not present.
You could maybe check if there's a way to put in google translate to do that, and maybe create a bot (sorry, I don't know how to do that) which recognizes when you use or not english.
I would also like to suggest a button to make present to the website that your post is in spanish, portuguese, chinese, any language other than english, so that it'll be easier to get which posts must be translated, but as much of those people don't care about writing incomprehensible posts I don't know if it'll be useful at all

2. Create different sections within the forum, each one dedicated to a specific language

You can also open multiple homepages for this forum, with the same sections that we have now (suggestions, general discussion etc), but each new homepage would be for a different language community
Sure there are a bunch of players from all over the world in PokeMMO, so make a macrosection for every single language would not be so human of course
But for particularly huge and active communities (ex the chinese speaking, spanish-speaking, portuguese-speaking, french-speaking and some others) which in many cases are particularly snob to english, that would be a solution
You don't want to write in english? Fine. Stay in your area, and just ignore the rest

For sure the 3rd and final solution would be to mute people for some days/hours more often so that they recipe the message, but as many of those usually don't that is what I've been thinking about

Edited by Andr3a281093

9 answers to this question

wtf good idea friend let's put a team of devs to work on a function that you already have in your browser by default such as the translator...

or better yet, let's go to the forum to insinuate that people who do not speak English they hate it...incredible...

are you alright boy? If you need to talk to someone, tell me, yes, I'll let you know that I'm a Spanish speaker but I speak English quite well, I hope that's not an impediment for you. I don't know if you understand what I mean xD

Edited by Joselon
6 hours ago, Joselon said:

wtf good idea friend let's put a team of devs to work on a function that you already have in your browser by default such as the translator...

or better yet, let's go to the forum to insinuate that people who do not speak English they hate it...incredible...

are you alright boy? If you need to talk to someone, tell me, yes, I'll let you know that I'm a Spanish speaker but I speak English quite well, I hope that's not an impediment for you. I don't know if you understand what I mean xD

that's not a problem for me, puedo hablar y leer el castellano (I can speak and read spanish)
Simply why shall people need to set google translate automatic when rules say something else
Sorry for being so strict, but this way of thinking ''well, I don't care, I'll only use spanish, if people don't get what I say they can use google translate'' is a very arrogant way of thinking in my opinion man
Using spanish, french, and whatever, with maybe even not perfect/good english translation below is ok
But thinking that you can do whatever you want is another story

Edited by Andr3a281093
5 minutes ago, Andr3a281093 said:

that's not a problem for me, puedo hablar y leer el castellano (I can speak and read spanish)
Simply why shall people need to set google translate automatic when rules say something else
Sorry for being so strict, but this way of thinking ''well, I don't care, I'll only use spanish, if people don't get what I say they can use google translate'' is a very arrogant way of thinking in my opinion man
Using spanish, french, and whatever, with maybe even not perfect/good english translation below is ok
But thinking that you can do whatever you want is another story

It looks really bad to say that people speaking in their native tongue are just arrogant people who want others to use google translate. I support some aspects of the idea, such as giving other communities a space to discuss things via forums, but this issue is not common enough for you to be as seemingly frustrated as you are.

36 minutes ago, Strodex said:

It looks really bad to say that people speaking in their native tongue are just arrogant people who want others to use google translate. I support some aspects of the idea, such as giving other communities a space to discuss things via forums, but this issue is not common enough for you to be as seemingly frustrated as you are.

I didn't mean that of course
Using your language is ok, but at least try to translate in order to show respect for the rules, instead of saying things like ''if you want to understand use google translate''
Imagine someone doing the same thing the other way around, in a spanish site, in which you have to write in spanish
Won't you, hipotetic admin, be frustrated by this?

Edited by Andr3a281093

I work in a hotel and when a foreigner speaks to me in English, obviously it's because he doesn't understand Spanish. I politely answer him in English... I don't force him to use a translator...

Realize that it's a pokemon game, you know how many kids play it? Do you think that a 12-year-old boy speaks to you in his language because he is arrogant? What kind of mentality is that...jesus Prob they didnt know about the rules too

So please stop this kind of coments  i have myself a little brother who usually frequents the forum in search of guides and the truth is I would not like him to come across this kind of things tbh