Egg Making NPC

pokemonmaster69

Question

In runescape there is an NPC that takes from the player the raw ingredients of a potion and for a fee will combine them into unfinished potions. This is because the making of unfinished potions is very tedious and gives virtually zero experience. 

I propose that there be added in every daycare an NPC that will take the raw ingredients (dittos + some other speicies of pokemon) + a fee and combine them to make eggs of that pokemon.

In addition to this the same NPC could hold something like a 'shiny charge' where you would give the NPC shiny charms that would allow the 10% extra chance for a shiny. Each charm would be worth something like 500 charges where one charge would be used for each egg created. This value could be tweaked so as to balance it. Perhaps it should be lower since the method would be easier.

Another balance feature might be something like 'rotten egg' where some percent of the eggs created become rotten due to the speed at which the NPC makes them.

I feel like this would solve a few issues:

1.) This would act as a poke-yen sink which would aid the economy. Depending on the fee the NPC takes to make the eggs, millions, if not billions of poke-yen could be removed from the game that otherwise wouldn't have been.

2.) This serves as a good trade-off between grind and money, allowing players to choose whether they wish to go the long route and save money or spend a little more to more easily get their desired result. 

3.) It is obvious to anyone who has tried hunting for a very rare shiny that without the use of custom strings, the process would take at least twice as long. However, many aren't aware of custom strings, many do not want to install them simply for this one aspect of the game, and many times they cause lots of issues being improperly installed.

Please suggest any changes or potential issues you might see with the suggestion

One I thought of was how exactly it would work. I think obviously it would be different from the breeder in that it would just take the number of dittos and an equal number of different species and pop out randomly IVd pokemon. That might be an issue because you could potentially get 31 IV children from non-31 IV parents so maybe these eggs would have a lower chance of getting good IVs.

Edited by pokemonmaster69
formatting

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet