You can never go home again

I doubt any of you know me, but I have been playing on and off since 2016. I want to come back to the game, but I feel like there is not much for me to do anymore. I did a lot of pvp back in the day, even participated in some tournaments and got around 30-50 pokemon that have 6x31 stats. Nowadays I just feel burned out on pvp though.

Shiny hunting was never really interesting to me. I'm colorblind, so spending hours to get a pokemon with a color variation seems like a waste of time. 

All my friends stopped playing years ago, so even the social aspect of the game has died for me. I know I can meet new people, but somehow it seems I can't really connect with people in this game anymore.

I came to this forum in the hopes of finding a good reason to keep playing. I know that's propably a lot to ask.  Nostalgia keeps bringing me back to this game, but maybe it's time to accept that i can never come home again. 

I would start with joining a cool ass team so you can vermafk and chill. And then maybe spam the fishing rod every now and then and catch a shiny. 

The game can get stale in every area that you grind in. If you gym run a lot...youll get burned out with gyms, if you shiny hunt alot, same consequence. If all you do is pvp....eventually youll just get tired of being a pvp god

Its the people that keep me playing here. Maybe find a super active team. I can offer a place in our team, NDGO, but there are a shit ton of super awesome teams if you just go through clubs or even the new recruitment section.