Basic Knowledge HELP!

Hello there guys!

I've lately discovered the existence of pokemmo. I've been a huge fan of Pokémon games since i was 5.. and seeing finally something to play it in multiplayer fullfilled my Heart with Joy. Just a couple of days ago i was talking with my friend, also fan of Pokémon, how cool would be to re play some old rom together.. and then i saw pokemmo!

I kindly ask to some Expert.. in what consists pokemmo? I saw some videos of people playing with their Friends and you could see them in your game. How the connection works? In local LAN? Or you create a room and your friend enter? Also, can you Battle your friend that are in your same lobby?

Please provide me with all the infos you had, since this seems a dream become true!

Also my friend is on Linux, it works also on that?

Thank you everyone, big love

Hello there, gentleman, we really like that you enjoy our game!

Now, regarding your doubts:

PokeMMO is basiclly an online Pokemon game where you can interact with a full community of players who also are in the same server as you are. Conmection is the normal one (no LAN) and it is not country restricted (you can interact with people around the world) Also, yeah, you can challenge your friend to a battle as long as you are in the same place as he is, by right clicking in his character and choosing the "Duel" option. Also, your friend can play in Linux, yeah.

If you have more doubts, do not hesitate to ask us!

Hey there!

It's awesome that you've discovered PokeMMO and are excited about playing games  from a franchise we all love with friends. PokeMMO is a fan-made online MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game that combines elements of different versions. In PokeMMO, you can explore 5 regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova), capture creatures, battle other players, and trade with them. 

To answer your questions:

- In PokeMMO, you can indeed play with your friends. The connection works through online servers, so you don't necessarily need to be on the same local network. You can invite your friends to join your link and adventure together.

- You can battle your friends who are in the same channel and area. You can challenge them to battles and test your skills against each other.

- As for your friend on Linux, PokeMMO does have a Linux version, so your friend should be able to play it on their system as well.

However, it's important to note that in order to play PokeMMO, you'll need to have the corresponding game data (ROMs) for the games you want to play. PokeMMO provides the online MMO platform and emulator, but you'll need to provide the roms yourself by obtaining the necessary files. Make sure you have what you need to enjoy the full experience of PokeMMO.

Have a fantastic time exploring the world of this beloved franchise with your friend and much more! If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your journey in the world of PokeMMO!

1 hour ago, MightyMichele said:

Hey there!

It's awesome that you've discovered PokeMMO and are excited about playing games  from a franchise we all love with friends. PokeMMO is a fan-made online MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game that combines elements of different versions. In PokeMMO, you can explore 5 regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova), capture creatures, battle other players, and trade with them. 

To answer your questions:

- In PokeMMO, you can indeed play with your friends. The connection works through online servers, so you don't necessarily need to be on the same local network. You can invite your friends to join your link and adventure together.

- You can battle your friends who are in the same channel and area. You can challenge them to battles and test your skills against each other.

- As for your friend on Linux, PokeMMO does have a Linux version, so your friend should be able to play it on their system as well.

However, it's important to note that in order to play PokeMMO, you'll need to have the corresponding game data (ROMs) for the games you want to play. PokeMMO provides the online MMO platform and emulator, but you'll need to provide the roms yourself by obtaining the necessary files. Make sure you have what you need to enjoy the full experience of PokeMMO.

Have a fantastic time exploring the world of this beloved franchise with your friend and much more! If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your journey in the world of PokeMMO!

Thank you so much for the exaustive explanation!!

If we use the link that i send him, are we gonna be just me and him on the server? Or is still public?

Anyways thanks again a lot ❤️

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Hello there, gentleman, we really like that you enjoy our game!

Now, regarding your doubts:

PokeMMO is basiclly an online Pokemon game where you can interact with a full community of players who also are in the same server as you are. Conmection is the normal one (no LAN) and it is not country restricted (you can interact with people around the world) Also, yeah, you can challenge your friend to a battle as long as you are in the same place as he is, by right clicking in his character and choosing the "Duel" option. Also, your friend can play in Linux, yeah.

If you have more doubts, do not hesitate to ask us!

Thank you so much for you answer and availability ❤️

24 minutes ago, xRaptoorZz said:

Thank you so much for the exaustive explanation!![...]

❤️

You are welcome!

25 minutes ago, xRaptoorZz said:

If we use the link that i send him, are we gonna be just me and him on the server? Or is still public?[...]

❤️

The member link feature is exclusively intended for sharing charm bonuses such as enhanced shiny rates, coins, or experience points, as well as for participating in 2-4 players link activities.

Please note that PokeMMO offers an open overworld experience where you'll interact with all players. Playing exclusively with your friend isn't possible as the game encourages interaction among all players.