Bug with Rainbow Quill's

It's possible that since the bug fix for not being able to capture Raikou when you have already captured Suicune, it may have caused you to be unable to obtain Rainbow quills until you capture the monthly legendary.

Let me explain, on the first attempt to capture Raikou, I managed to get 3 Rainbow quills during the process. However, since the aforementioned bug was fixed, I haven't seen a single one again, and I've been stuck with that darn Raikou for 3 days.

My theory is that the bug fix has reverted to the initial state of 'monthly legendary not captured,' and this may have caused you to be unable to obtain Rainbow quilss because you don't have the specified legendary.

I would like to know if this is a bug or if it's a decision made by the admins for it to be this way (please say it's not, catching legendaries is torture, and this way, we can make better use of our time).

Edited by lanhero
On 9/4/2023 at 9:15 AM, AcidChrist said:

I suspect you may be right. I tested this earlier today at Mt Silver for 3 hours, when I had Suicune I would get a few quills each hour. Also tested on different routes for an hour each, no quills,. Though it could just be very bad luck, glad to hear its not just me.

Do you remember what you were doing to get quills? Like water, grass, horde, single encounter? I spent like 15 hours after getting Suicune pay-daying the Poliwhirls at Mt Silver with Munchlax/Meowth and never got one to drop, trying to figure out if I was unlucky or if it just wasn't possible for them TO have dropped, a few an hour sounds insane.

2 hours ago, Metthew said:

Do you remember what you were doing to get quills? Like water, grass, horde, single encounter? I spent like 15 hours after getting Suicune pay-daying the Poliwhirls at Mt Silver with Munchlax/Meowth and never got one to drop, trying to figure out if I was unlucky or if it just wasn't possible for them TO have dropped, a few an hour sounds insane.

I was shunting Larvitar hordes on Mt. Silver. They may be more on the side of player found items(?) rather than pickup.

1 hour ago, AcidChrist said:

I was shunting Larvitar hordes on Mt. Silver. They may be more on the side of player found items(?) rather than pickup.

I switched to RT 38 a little while ago and my Meowth picked one up within 30 minutes. I'm tempted to believe they just can't be picked up from water encounters or something because the disparity in the time I spent looking feels too vast to be coincidental.

9 minutes ago, Metthew said:

I switched to RT 38 a little while ago and my Meowth picked one up within 30 minutes. I'm tempted to believe they just can't be picked up from water encounters or something because the disparity in the time I spent looking feels too vast to be coincidental.

Yeah honestly I could've gotten a burst of luck during my test. Will have to test quills and water in the near future. 🙂 

23 hours ago, lanhero said:

A moderator confirmed to me that this is not a bug; this is how it is. You need to catch the monthly legendary to get the rainbow quills. It doesn't matter if you already caught Suicune; you need to catch Raikou for them to appear.

If this is true, and it's not a bug but rather an intentional feature, it has to be the most stupid decision they could've taken. So in order to be able to farm I'm now forced to hunt a low encounter pokémon every single month and catch it? As if the grind alone wasn't just plain bad game design on its own, lol

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

Si esto es cierto, y no es un error sino una característica intencional, tiene que ser la decisión más estúpida que podrían haber tomado. Entonces, para poder cultivar, ¿ahora me veo obligado a cazar un Pokémon de bajo encuentro cada mes y atraparlo? Como si la rutina por sí sola no fuera simplemente un mal diseño de juego en sí mismo, jajaja.

in his defense he told me to review it

image.png