Fixing Ranked OU Matchmaking

ZeknShooter

Question

(PokeMMO Ranked OU)

Is not new for everyone that when someone queue in ranked, the matchmaking choose the fight randomly.

You can be the Leaderboard number #25 with 500 wins and 176 defeats for example, and the matchmaking will not stop you from getting a "Trainer" rank as enemy.

This is NOT NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY.

I asume it scares any new ranked players when they are playing against something I call an obvious losing match.

In the other hand, the ELO the high elo Player wins from defeating someone who's elo doesn't surpases 600 when they are 850+ is so low, that its like they are not winning, and if they loose the match, they will loose A LOT of ELO...

So, pairing both ranks is something that I think should not be allowed.

This is also why Players with 800 wins and 100 loses keep multiplying, because the matchmaking is obviously unfair, duels should be against people FROM THE SAME ELO.

Even so, I understand that PokeMMO has not enough players to fully accomplish this wish, so I SUGGEST:

Elite trainers, or players with more than 750 ELO will NOT be able to find duel in OU ranked against Novice Trainers and Trainers. (AT LEAST)

Also, about the time in queue, I don't think the matchmaking for a high ELO leaderboard will change much with this change, maybe max 4 minutes queue, and even if is more, this is SUPPOSED to happen, in all the games, when a high ELO queues up, It takes a lot of time to find a match, I don't see why it should not be like that in here, at least like I said, 2 minutes of more waiting for a match.

Conclusion:

With this change, the people that are just learning how to fight will be much happier when queueing up, being safe from getting a bad experience against someone whose rank is way higher, and I assume there will be more players trying to get into competitive.

With this change, 750+ ELO players will have to change their teams probably, a little bit, to adjust fights against people that will may be from the same ELO, resulting in more Profesional battles, and also a little fix in the winrates, giving them the oportunity to show their real level where the players from low elo are not involved.

Edited by ZeknShooter

2 answers to this question

In general i'd say you arent wrong but after all its a f2p game and adjusting MM to accurate ELO's between players would encourage smurfing.

(which might end up even more frustrating getting completely obliberated from a 500'ish smurf as a new player)

Edited by Johnwaynee
5 hours ago, Johnwaynee said:

In general i'd say you arent wrong but after all its a f2p game and adjusting MM to accurate ELO's between players would encourage smurfing.

(which might end up even more frustrating getting completely obliberated from a 500'ish smurf as a new player)

I see your point, as it happens in different games, but to make an Smurf account you need to complete at least 1 region.

Some points to take in count about smurfing:

- there is no big benefit from smurfing here besides the prizes for each account, but that is already happening.

- the smurf account will not last forever, if they grow high in ELO they will get high ELO rapidly.

- max accounts to smurf for each player is 3, unless they switch emails.

As you said, smurfs are a problem, but this is a different topic, you see, people smurf here all the time because the prizes for each account, so is a different topic to care about, like, if they have a lot of wins, and few loses, they should get a higher matchmaking queue, but im not asking for that in this wish, for now, I just ask for a prohibition to not allow high ELO players to get a duel with low ELO players.

Even so thank you for the observation.