[GUI] Finding/Making a readability/visability focused theme for people with bad eyesight

Hi everyone,

is there a theme focused on readability?
specifically I would like to have all Pkm info in fight in one block. (see how the pokemon name, lvl and gender is above the box, this should be in it/the box beneth it should be bigger)

image.png.e8edf063d426351ce72a4fba8a9c86f9.png

And similar for the Attacks.

All this transparancy and background movment can make it hard to read, also there is more text here then really is needed.
If their would be something with: plan, black background, effectiveness just as a colored circle, AP just as one number (remaining AP) and the type with just colored text. Like simply "Psycho" in pink, without the background image.

image.png.da87e7bb30ca0b9881a7f5c01f7ff701.png

I think something like this should be easy to make, but how would I get started on this? and is it for the Pokemon in fight box even possible?
Aesthetics per se are secondary to me to be honest, it can be ugly, but easy to read and none distracting would be awsome.

Not a bad idea, but its not so much about the size (this helps with attack text or effectivenes text to be honest) but for me its more about the moving background that makes it difficult to read.
It is possible to read it off course, its just not very pleasent for an extended period of time.
Its overall more of a nice to have then a must. But if something like this exists or can be made quickly, it would be cool.

if transparency is your one issue, i think you can basically install any ui mod that didn't make the background transparent, regardless of whether it was intended to have a focus on accessibility or not.

just search for one you like.

for example,

6 hours ago, Eggplant said:

if transparency is your one issue, i think you can basically install any ui mod that didn't make the background transparent, regardless of whether it was intended to have a focus on accessibility or not.

just search for one you like.

for example,

I believe that one its outdated

10 hours ago, Stormili said:

Hi everyone,

is there a theme focused on readability?
specifically I would like to have all Pkm info in fight in one block. (see how the pokemon name, lvl and gender is above the box, this should be in it/the box beneth it should be bigger)

image.png.e8edf063d426351ce72a4fba8a9c86f9.png

And similar for the Attacks.

All this transparancy and background movment can make it hard to read, also there is more text here then really is needed.
If their would be something with: plan, black background, effectiveness just as a colored circle, AP just as one number (remaining AP) and the type with just colored text. Like simply "Psycho" in pink, without the background image.

image.png.da87e7bb30ca0b9881a7f5c01f7ff701.png

I think something like this should be easy to make, but how would I get started on this? and is it for the Pokemon in fight box even possible?
Aesthetics per se are secondary to me to be honest, it can be ugly, but easy to read and none distracting would be awsome.

I have this ones full black, no transparency anywhere

But need update, i can update with no problem thou if you want to try

If that dosnt suit 

Try this one its updated 

https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/124392-guipc-yet-another-dark-theme-ho-oh-and-lure-update-oct-2023/

Thank you two very much, your options are great and I went for the "yet another black" theme. For the regular buttons this works great, no transparency anymore (personaly not a fan of button turning bright green on selection, but thats just personal preference).
Unfortunatley none of the themes seems to fix my, infight Pkm health/name/level display problem and im not sure if it is possible for a theme to fix this.
It would be a shame if I would need to turn of the background for the fights, just to basically get a black background for this bit here:

image.png.08ca62379e19a7cbaa981aeaf34171a9.png

22 minutes ago, Stormili said:

Thank you two very much, your options are great and I went for the "yet another black" theme. For the regular buttons this works great, no transparency anymore (personaly not a fan of button turning bright green on selection, but thats just personal preference).
Unfortunatley none of the themes seems to fix my, infight Pkm health/name/level display problem and im not sure if it is possible for a theme to fix this.
It would be a shame if I would need to turn of the background for the fights, just to basically get a black background for this bit here:

image.png.08ca62379e19a7cbaa981aeaf34171a9.png

check this, can you do a simple scheme on paint of exactly what you need, im working on themes rn so I can edit something for you

Thats very kind of you, thank you.

The "yet another black" theme seems to be a great basis.

Maybe it even works without paint, just imagine the picture below but with a black Background instead of the (brown-ish) moving fight background, basically just a plan black square behind all the enemy (and own) Pokemon info (while in fight).
That would be awsome.
image.png.e96d37c694359899c091fbfad8cdc84d.png

An alternative would be to switch of the background completly in the settings, but then the game looses a lot of its flair. Nit picky I know. As I said just a nice to have, its not unplayable or anything ^^

If you want to go above and beyond, remove the green when selecting what to do at the start of a battle. No highlighting at all would be awsome, simply nothing that distracts.

Edited by Stormili
1 hour ago, Stormili said:

If you want to go above and beyond, remove the green when selecting what to do at the start of a battle

I believe that green its a tint, can be edited through the code but im not sure

But if you need just plain black buttons that More Easy to do