Bulky offensive team for OU help

Hey! I am new in competitive pokemon and I try to make a bulky offense team but I am not sure if it is good or is bad:

image.thumb.png.1a7985c10756c846c38b186475d4df88.png

gliscor is the swepper, hydreigon is the hazard remover, scizor is the phisical wallbreaker, serperior the special wallbreaker and gengar and garchomp are stallbreakers. I am not sure if the buildds are correct or if the pokemon are even good but is the team I have done with my knowledge at this moment. 

Hi, first of all I think you need to understand better what BO means: 

What is Bulky Offense?
Bulky Offense (BO) is a team archetype based around Pokémon that can hit hard along with Pokémon that can provide great utility. BO is not about pure aggression like HO, and is not defensive like Stall, meaning the general strategy with BO is less clearly defined, and is more based around making good use of pivots that can switch into attacks and provide utility in the form of status moves and/or momentum-grabbing moves like Voltswitch or U-Turn, as well as offensive Pokémon that can usually take a resisted hit and fire off powerful attacks in return. Unlike more purely offensive archetypes, BO offers more breathing room thanks to its pivots along with general utility and bulk, meaning it can be quite a reliable choice for an archetype. BO can struggle with more purely offensive teams at times, so it frequently carries Speed control methods to make up for this.

As you can see, you don't have a BO team, cause none of your mons (except for Gliscor) has any bulk, or momentum gainer moves (U-Turn/V.Switch). Yours is more like HO team, that is not bad, just not BO.

— Sweeper —
A Pokémon that can make use of at least decently powerful attacks, frequently with set-up moves that enable it to hit the opponent hard and provide a win condition for the team, though some sweepers do not rely on set-up moves.

Gliscor is not a Sweeper, maybe if you put Sword Dance on him.. but I don't see him as the sweeper.

— Stallbreaker —
A Pokémon that can potentially shut down Stall, either with the use of Taunt or by using set-up moves, usually combined with a way to avoid getting worn down by some common status (typing, Substitute, Heal Bell, Magic Guard, Hydration, etc).

Gengar and Garchomp are not Stallbreakers (at least not with those sets). Gengar could be with a set like: Encore-Substitute-Shadow Ball-Hidden Power Fighting.

If you want to use Serperior you need Leaf Storm+Contrary. Is what makes him viable.

I don't want to give you a team make by me cause not fun in that, this is the link to the reddit post with the entire BO Guide (be aware that is for Sun/Moon so gen 7, but the concepts still applies).

Agree with the post above.

I'd start with introducing more pivot in your team and fixing your moveset:

Gliscor looks fine moveset wise but if you're running Toxic/Roost you should make it Impish full Def. You could also run U-turn on it to keep momentum.

Hydreigon can also run U-turn - don't really like the Dread Plate as an item.

Scizor is excellent with U-turn, you could run it with Choice Band , full HP build and it will hit like a truck and be pretty bulky.

Serperior absolutely needs Contrary Ability and Leaf Storm. Serperior's existence in the meta is solely for that reason. Run hidden power fire for scizor.

Outrage is not 120 BP on PokeMMO but 90 so Dragon Claw (or Dual Chop if you really want) are better choices. Also run Stone Edge over Rock Slide.

Rotom-W would be a great pokemon for your team to introduce more pivot and utility into your team as well. Maybe an idea for you.

thanks for the help. I changed my team: 

image.png.4d98d1ac53fc228a2099b0c646ee59ae.png

I changed my swepper to garchomp. Then I changed some builds based on what you guys told me (TY). I also added excadrill and tyranitar to make the tam more deffensive. I don´t knoww if this is better or not 

I would like to refer to my previous post mentioning that Outrage got nerfed in PokeMMO and that you're better off running Dragon Claw.

Close Combat is IMO a better choice than Superpower on Scizor. Also i'm not much of a fan of running Choice Band with a speed build. You should ask yourself what the purpose is of your Scizor and what you're running the speed for (a bit Speed for Skarmory is nice though)

Not enthousiastic about Thunder Wave on Tyranitar. The pokemon that want to switch in on Tyranitar either don't care getting Thunder Wave'd, or are immune to it. (Excadrill/Garchomp/Hippowdon/Ferrothorn) I mean Stone Edge/Ice Punch seems nice?

A rather strange build on Excadrill. You're boosting one of Excadrill's worst stats, and you're running Toxic which gets resisted by nearly every Pokemon that wants to switch into it (Gliscor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn). Stealth Rock is an option, EQ/Rock Slide/Rapid Spin/Swords Dance is also an option.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Tranzmaster
1 hour ago, Tranzmaster said:

I would like to refer to my previous post mentioning that Outrage got nerfed in PokeMMO and that you're better off running Dragon Claw.

Close Combat is IMO a better choice than Superpower on Scizor. Also i'm not much of a fan of running Choice Band with a speed build. You should ask yourself what the purpose is of your Scizor and what you're running the speed for (a bit Speed for Skarmory is nice though)

Not enthousiastic about Thunder Wave on Tyranitar. The pokemon that want to switch in on Tyranitar either don't care getting Thunder Wave'd, or are immune to it. (Excadrill/Garchomp/Hippowdon/Ferrothorn) I mean Stone Edge/Ice Punch seems nice?

A rather strange build on Excadrill. You're boosting one of Excadrill's worst stats, and you're running Toxic which gets resisted by nearly every Pokemon that wants to switch into it (Gliscor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn). Stealth Rock is an option, EQ/Rock Slide/Rapid Spin/Swords Dance is also an option.

Hope this helps!

I am taking in consideration your tips. Thanks again for helping me. I appreciate it ;). Regarding the builds: it´s being complicating as I am trusting the builds I see online but they are confusing to me as I don´t have any knowledge about competitive pokemon. Anyways I edit my team: image.thumb.png.de057d3f98ca38f093a84483967cda5f.png

hoping it´s not a mess and it good. 

1 hour ago, glezpez said:

I am taking in consideration your tips. Thanks again for helping me. I appreciate it ;). Regarding the builds: it´s being complicating as I am trusting the builds I see online but they are confusing to me as I don´t have any knowledge about competitive pokemon. Anyways I edit my team: image.thumb.png.de057d3f98ca38f093a84483967cda5f.png

hoping it´s not a mess and it good. 

Fix the nature on the Excadrill, maybe go Jolly full speed full attack and then you're all good.

It's not the best team, you will get beat, but just realise what your biggest counters are and adapt. (Weather and Volcorona will give you trouble)

Good luck!

Edited by Tranzmaster

Garchomp does not get swords dance here. Toxic gets alot of use to punish rotom-w switching in or trying to defog. 

Careful Exca makes more sense with a bit of SpD and speed invest but I prefer jolly, keep the moveset and give it 252 speed. 

Otherwise that's a solid team that will bring you success on the ladder.