Check GTL from your Box

Strodex

Question

The process of price checking can be a little frustrating. Why not have a feature that allows you to essentially price check? This would work as maybe just right clicking on the poke in the box, pressing on ur price check button and going by every pokemon in the gtl that matches. Just a fun little QoL change I think would greatly improve the market

2 answers to this question

Actually decent suggestion. I think it's doable fairly easily too. But the problem is that if you imagine a button there is only 1 preset of data it takes to the GTL search (for example IV, nature, Pokémon egg group) but during price checking you often need to see the 2 different egg group of the Pokémon if it has 2, the species itself if it is rare/has important egg move pass etc.

What I mean is if you want to implement this, maybe we can have the option to choose some preselect searching we make, choosing which data we want to see, and then apply it to the mon selected and it takes the data from it. 

There are many little QoL improvements that can be made in GTL like these. For example registering a search you often make. Minimizing GTL to keep the search while having your screen free. The customisation doesn't feel like a priority for them unfortunately, even though the demand is high, not only regarding GTL but also other UI tools (having preselect vanities combinations too for example). Not their strong side. 

29 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Actually decent suggestion. I think it's doable fairly easily too. But the problem is that if you imagine a button there is only 1 preset of data it takes to the GTL search (for example IV, nature, Pokémon egg group) but during price checking you often need to see the 2 different egg group of the Pokémon if it has 2, the species itself if it is rare/has important egg move pass etc.

What I mean is if you want to implement this, maybe we can have the option to choose some preselect searching we make, choosing which data we want to see, and then apply it to the mon selected and it takes the data from it. 

There are many little QoL improvements that can be made in GTL like these. For example registering a search you often make. Minimizing GTL to keep the search while having your screen free. The customisation doesn't feel like a priority for them unfortunately, even though the demand is high, not only regarding GTL but also other UI tools (having preselect vanities combinations too for example). Not their strong side. 

This is definitely something I'd thought about before, I appreciate you mentioning this! I think having more GTL options is always better, a good starting point might just be going off the pokemon species.

Ways to incorporate the other options, given that this is only a problem when you're price checking multiple times at the same time is maybe having a "GTL Advanced settings" in your box that you can select for "incorporate egg group" or "incorporate 31 IV", etc. until you close your PC. Obviously this isn't the best solution and I can guarantee there's a better way to go about it. Definitely the right direction though imo