Zapdos hunting ( over 10k encounters )

Hello, I've been hunting Zapdos for about 5 days. So far I have reached 10k encounters, almost 11k.
All these ecounters were single ones and lure ones (2 pokemons). I beat kanto E4, I finished the quest line with the 7 islands.
From what I understand, the chance of meeting a legendary is 1/8k.

Is it a problem with me? Do I have to do something else to have a chance to find zapdos?

It already seems way too much and it's no longer funny, entertaining or exciting

As you can see in this thread, the mechanism for obtaining an OT roaming legendary does indeed pose a problem when luck is not on one's side.

I stopped counting after 10,000 encounters using expert and legendary lures for Entei since last cycle.

I hope the developers will adjust this mechanic because with the likely addition of new legendary trios the road to obtaining an OT looks anything but interesting and fun.

Hello,

Zapdos is an odds based single encounter in the outside area grass/water tiles of Kanto. You only need to obtain 8 badges in Kanto to be able to find it, although the exact odds of finding it are unknown.

This is just bad luck in this case, it is normal that players will sometimes look for it for a long time because it's hard to find and based on certain encounter odds, which means it's never guaranteed and would technically make it possible to find it on the very first encounter or to not find it at all during the whole month.

There is no pity system in place and encounters do not stack in any way.

With enough determination you should be able to find it eventually so don't give up and we wish you luck! 

Thank you and have a good day.

• Enzo locked this topic