Why doesn't Frisk ability work?

I started the game a week ago, while I was researching videos to earn money, I came across the Frisk ability and bought a Banette with the Thief move, but this pokemon does not tell me even if the opponent pokemon has an item. I also encountered Gothorita many times in the game, but even though she has the Frisk ability, sometimes she cannot see my item.

A couple of years ago Frisk/Thief told you which specific Pokemon in the horde held an item, but you wouldn't be able to steal the item if you fainted the holder.

Now you will steal the item even if you faint the holder, but the trade off being Frisk will not tell you which specific opponent in the horde holds the item, just at least one is holding one.

Gothita can also have Competitive as an ability, not all in the wild can Frisk

I hope this helps

11 minutes ago, Elizn said:

A couple of years ago Frisk/Thief told you which specific Pokemon in the horde held an item, but you wouldn't be able to steal the item if you fainted the holder.

Now you will steal the item even if you faint the holder, but the trade off being Frisk will not tell you which specific opponent in the horde holds the item, just at least one is holding one.

Gothita can also have Competitive as an ability, not all in the wild can Frisk

I hope this helps

My fault. My Banetta doesn't have the Frisk ability, it has the Insomnia ability. Since I'm new to the game, I bought the wrong pokemon.

8分钟前,mr11 说:

My fault. My Banetta doesn't have the Frisk ability, it has the Insomnia ability. Since I'm new to the game, I bought the wrong pokemon.

lmao,remember to check your pokemon's ability before you use them.

32 minutes ago, Solsoul said:

lmao,remember to check your pokemon's ability before you use them.

It's unrelated to the topic, but I have one more question. How can I get Cell Battery? The kid in Opelucid City does not accept any Pokemon with Charge ability.

15分钟前,mr11 说:

It's unrelated to the topic, but I have one more question. How can I get Cell Battery? The kid in Opelucid City does not accept any Pokemon with Charge ability.

Cell Battery?I remember you can buy it in Nimbasa city at Gear station with BP,or you can buy it in GTL.

Hope it helps you:)