can i swap versions around to get the other legendary?

On 4/7/2024 at 7:51 AM, froofyowo said:

but why cant i keep it, you keep saying i cant but i want to know the reason

The reason that we don't allow permanent ownership of "uber" legendaries like Zekrom is the impact they would have on difficulty balancing. Some legendaries are so powerful that they would warp the game around themselves, and banning them from PvP would not resolve this at all.

When it comes to the most difficult postgame content, PokeMMO is a strategy game in disguise. You have hundreds of options to choose from which bring something unique to teams built to handle that difficult content. Choice is emphasized and important as each mon is better at some things and worse at others, giving you a reason to prepare and use different teams in different situations.

If content difficulty is balanced under the assumption that players are all using the strongest legendaries, it becomes too difficult for players who don't have them. If it's not balanced around them, it becomes too easy for players who do. Both of these outcomes are extremely negative for the game as it strips away the value of choice. You would always auto-include them to play anything optimally.

It is obvious that if they allowed legendaries the game would be affected by the inequality of statistics, since a legendary is a very powerful being, and also if everyone had a legendary like in the original games it would be very boring.