[Official] Minor League

[quote name='Saphy' timestamp='1365399638' post='272431']
[color=#3399cc][size=2][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Will this be implemented for this tournament? Or just an option for the future?[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

I was just putting forward an idea, to be discussed or improved upon. It will probably never be implemented, if Strychnine's reaction is anything to go by.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1365399888' post='272436']
Most signups are over and done with in 2-3 minutes. Why would the thread need to be locked afterward?
[i][b]Are you suggesting that everyone who signs up (regardless of post time)[/b][/i] is chucked into a random number generator and that decides who participates? Doesn't sound great to me.
[/quote]

No, that is why the thread would be locked, or even have a seperate sign up thread. Anyone who signed up in, say, a 5 minute period, would be entered into the random draw to "win" a place. It just seems like it would give a few more people a more even chance.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1365399888' post='272436']
Most signups are over and done with in 2-3 minutes. Why would the thread need to be locked afterward?
Are you suggesting that everyone who signs up (regardless of post time) is chucked into a random number generator and that decides who participates? Doesn't sound great to me.
[/quote]

I agree with you, it will be unfair if the 1st guy who registered gets unlucky and won't get to participate, personally i don't mind the thread being lock prior registration but like what some ppl said their connection might be too slow to refresh every time, but just to make sure, does the thread gets unlocked at exactly 7:00 PM EDT (forum time)?

[quote name='Mariout' timestamp='1365388772' post='272174']
Yeah, the VVVV and most other unofficial tournaments, the Spontaneous Showdown, the two this weekend, etc. Everything is becoming Uu quickly :(
[/quote]just remember, vvvv accepts [s]bribes[/s] donations that allow you to choose the kind of tourney.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1365396846' post='272379']
The problem was people complaining about forum post time being off. They were right to, there's no reason why they should have to do test posts because forum time is out of sync. The argument works both ways as well; why should we have to penalise users with faster internet because those with slower internet cannot refresh the page? Sifting through ~100 test posts is pointless when it can be avoided.

Currently we do not have a perfect method of registration. There's going to be tradeoffs with whichever method we choose to use until we have an entirely new system put in place (whatever that may be) and even then that may not be perfect.
[/quote]

one last thing before i go and disappear, there are two main differences between locking the thread prior to signups and not

What really is the problem of not locking up the thread before signups? Not locking it up would just result to people doing test posts and whining that the forum time isn't synchronized, and these test posts can be just be ignored albeit annoying. Both of these can be tremendously improved by just posting a warning in the OP regarding the unsynchronized? time

The other problem on the other hand. We can't really do anything to remedy the problem of having a slower internet connection/slower pc's than other people

(we can do something about the problems of leaving the thread open until signups while for the other one its a sure fail for people with slower pc/internet connection and we can't even do anything about it)

in short: the problems of locking the thread prior to signups is more troublesome than not locking it at all

just post a warning in the OP and don't lock the thread pls ;__;

[quote name='Lunuxio' timestamp='1365465726' post='274051']
Are we allowed to use pre-evolutions of banned pokemon?
Example: Are we allowed to use a Cubone instead of Marowak?
[/quote]

Yes, you are allowed to use kadabra, haunter and Machoke.

Chansey however is in the list.