PokeMMO Event Discussion: Summer Bash (July 7th, 2013)

>scout enemy team/move sets/items

Yeah, I don't want him as a ref then.

I will never (NEVER) compete in any tournament I am involved in; going further, Staff do not participate in official tournaments, alt or not.

It was a joke, dannno was just taking it a bit further.

I will never (NEVER) compete in any tournament I am involved in; going further, Staff do not participate in official tournaments, alt or not.

It was a joke, dannno was just taking it a bit further.

I know that, and I wasn't saying that you'd do it. He said "ref your own matches" and I said that I wouldn't want that because if you did, you could see everything before the match even started, which is not fair at all.

I'm pretty sure no one in the staff would do that.

hi, im new to this tornaments and stuff but im interested, how do you register to participate in this?

Make arpost at the specified time of registration that says "IGN: <YourIngameName>"

For this tournament,

Date: Tuesday 2nd July
Time: 7:00 PM EDT | 4:00 PM PDT | 11:00 PM GMT

I'm aware, the Endure/Salac/Flail combo will be strong. And it can learn Shadow Ball for against Ghost pokemon. Priority moves is the charm.

I see no reason to ban it though. Unless there are a lot who think it should be banned.

Edit: Nvm, Endure is banned. Thanks to Freakiie for pointing that out.

The Official Event page has been updated, the list now includes the new NFE tier pokemon of the recent update.

The banned moves are now Dragon Rage and Bide.

And I banned Wynaut (for consistency towards the official tier).

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/24511-summer-bash/

so the ONLY banned moves are dragon rage and bide now right? endure is legal? 

Cubone's slow as shit while Pikachu isn't. That's pretty much why Thick Club is allowed.

Pretty much this, Cubone is extremely slow and NFE is home to many Pokemon who can pack a water, ice or grass move which would one-shot a Cubone no matter how defensively invested it is. And I believe it's already been established that Haunter is one of the strongest Pokemon in NFE, and they always carry Giga Drain for coverage. In Little Cup, and Petit Cup Cubone is a very powerful Pokemon, but NFE is a tier where a Cubone with a Thick Club isn't enough of a threat to ban the item.

Pikachu is pretty self explanatory. At 90 speed its faster than a majority of the tier, and with Light Ball doubling both its attack and special attack stats, it has insane coverage. Enough of a reason to ban the item.

Pretty much this, Cubone is extremely slow and NFE is home to many Pokemon who can pack a water, ice or grass move which would one-shot a Cubone no matter how defensively invested it is. And I believe it's already been established that Haunter is one of the strongest Pokemon in NFE, and they always carry Giga Drain for coverage. In Little Cup, and Petit Cup Cubone is a very powerful Pokemon, but NFE is a tier where a Cubone with a Thick Club isn't enough of a threat to ban the item.

Pikachu is pretty self explanatory. At 90 speed its faster than a majority of the tier, and with Light Ball doubling both its attack and special attack stats, it has insane coverage. Enough of a reason to ban the item.

ok  :unsure: