[Denied]Whispers Appearing Above Chat

Well just like it says this thread is about improving whispers. reasoning well whisper/pm is the main way to talk to certain people an is a big thing for trade so why fight with trades almost spamming text to sell off there pokemons/items an to buy them.. it may not big the biggest issue. but it would be easyer to have the whipsers stay out of the chat box. this will also make it to were you dont whisper someone a trade by accident as it will be key designated (just like enter is but will be for whispers)

SIMPLE EXPLANATION! for those of you who dont like to read alot :D

:ph34r: [spoiler]

This idea will be this: whispers will have 3 (if my other suggestion does go through) tab settings which will be "| = | * | L |"  ("=" = 3 lines "L" = check mark)

the 3 lines for whispers only will make all whispers appear above chat 

pressing "tab" button will automatically reply to last whisper an it will then go back to the original chat/channel/trade ect.[/spoiler] :ph34r:

is this idea original? no.  where did i get this idea? runescapes pm system.  will it be like runescapes? no why? because i believe getting ideas from other great games is perfect but not stealing their who chat system to make it accomplished. (runescape sucks now but back when i played it it was pretty good)

all red is showing what can be removed if advised to.. an if other suggestion fails to inspire

Had to make 2 threads as my last one was locked for to many suggestions. please note this is a combination with another suggestion of mine which will be found in signature soon.

As far as only seeing whipsers: Use the chat settings and have a tab set up to only have your whispers and system messages show up.

As far as the shortcut for replying to whispers: I like that idea. It would make it easier to respond to personal messages in game. Having to click on the person's name and then click whisper is inefficient.

As far as only seeing whipsers: Use the chat settings and have a tab set up to only have your whispers and system messages show up.

As far as the shortcut for replying to whispers: I like that idea. It would make it easier to respond to personal messages in game. Having to click on the person's name and then click whisper is inefficient.

well the first part is it will show the whispers away from all other chats (if not check marked) this is for trade/team/global or other places which makes reading whispers kinda hard if its very chatty. yes i know you can resize the chat but i like it how it is on my game . 

well the first part is it will show the whispers away from all other chats (if not check marked) this is for trade/team/global or other places which makes reading whispers kinda hard if its very chatty. yes i know you can resize the chat but i like it how it is on my game . 

I wasn't talking about resizing. You can actually create a custom tab that only shows the chats you want it to show. That is what I was talking about.

I wasn't talking about resizing. You can actually create a custom tab that only shows the chats you want it to show. That is what I was talking about.

yes i do know that.

but still trade chat tends to move fast. some channels move faster. global moves fast normal is a few channel moves fast.

so to have 5 people whisper to you about a trade you have to go to each person (unless noreply=nty) or if a few people are whispering to you while in channel ect . the whispers out of the chat would make it easyer to sort out 

yes i do know that.

but still trade chat tends to move fast. some channels move faster. global moves fast normal is a few channel moves fast.

so to have 5 people whisper to you about a trade you have to go to each person (unless noreply=nty) or if a few people are whispering to you while in channel ect . the whispers out of the chat would make it easyer to sort out 

676a1348-0576-4f25-b4a6-c925e9ca09d2_zps

The circled settings create a tab in the chat window that shows only whispers. The shortcut is an awesome idea for responding to whispers, but as far as making it appear over a certain chat, that's unnecessary when there is already a way to have a tab devoted solely to whispers. If someone whispers you, it will show up on there. You can also set your chat buffer to hold more messages to keep the whisper from being scrolled out of the box too. That is found in the main Settings window.

I like the idéa of having a small whisper window above the normal chat window (if i understood it right).

But i must agree with Xelakebert

It's very very easy to customize your chat tabs in PokéMMO and it only takes a matter of seconds.
I removed my original chat tabs when i started PokéMMO and replaced them with customized ones, and i have never really
had any problems with any of the chats :)

So the question is, why would they wanna create this if the tab system works?

[URL=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/jockoishh/media/Snap2013-08-19at062108_zps523651f3.png.html]Snap2013-08-19at062108_zps523651f3.png[/URL]

All tabs i have, and i don't need anything else

Xela, there is still a problem when switching between tabs. If I go into my Trade/Global tab, the entire chat history gets flooded and quickly erases saved PMs even when switching back to Whispers. I think this idea would work (but probably as just a second tab that only stores whispers and saves them, instead of a separate window) but the OP was awful. 

Xela, there is still a problem when switching between tabs. If I go into my Trade/Global tab, the entire chat history gets flooded and quickly erases saved PMs even when switching back to Whispers. I think this idea would work (but probably as just a second tab that only stores whispers and saves them, instead of a separate window) but the OP was awful. 

That is where the shortcut the OP suggested comes in. You get a whisper, you can hit Tab and respond to the last whisper you received and then it switches back to the channel you were on. Maybe make it so when you hit Tab it only shows whispers.

That is where the shortcut the OP suggested comes in. You get a whisper, you can hit Tab and respond to the last whisper you received and then it switches back to the channel you were on. Maybe make it so when you hit Tab it only shows whispers.

this is a good idea an maybe have a whisper chat have numbers or it flash when you get whispers (just encase you go afk)

• 2 years later...

Having whispers above the chat in Runescape was viable because you could simply change the camera angle to view/click on something, but in PokeMMO, 1. the angle is always the same and 2. the text would get in the way of things that you would want to right click and would not let you right click them at all. On top of all that, it can be quite annoying to have text blocking certain parts of your screen such as the overworld names of players in that region of your screen. That being said, this will probably not be implemented.