[Denied]non damaging typed moves shouldnt effect pokemon that are immune to that type

thunderwave is a electric attack, ground types are immune to electric attacks but not thunderwave. sand attack is a ground attack, levitate and flying pokemon are affected. why? it does not make sense. i vote we change it. discus  

EDIT: also WoW on flash fire pokes, twave on volt absorb ect......

[spoiler] Generation I to III

Thunder Wave paralyzes the target. Thunder Wave can't affect a target that already has a major status ailment, and will not work against Ground types.

From Stadium onwards, Thunder Wave can't affect a target that has a substitute.

Thunder Wave is unaffected by Volt Absorb.

Generation IV

Thunder Wave now can't affect Pokémon with Volt Absorb or Motor Drive.

Generation V

In addition to the same effects as before, Thunder Wave now cannot affect a target withLightningrod.

[/spoiler]

If it's really affecting them, i think it should be changed.

Effect

Generation I

Sand-Attack decreases the target's accuracy stat by one stage. Sand-Attack is a Normal-type move in this generation.

Generation II and on

The effects of Sand-Attack are the same as the previous generation, however it is now a Ground-type move. Although it is a Ground-type move, it still affects Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Ability Levitate.

It doesn't make sense, but it is a original effect of the game.

Effect

Generation I

Sand-Attack decreases the target's accuracy stat by one stage. Sand-Attack is a Normal-type move in this generation.

Generation II and on

The effects of Sand-Attack are the same as the previous generation, however it is now a Ground-type move. Although it is a Ground-type move, it still affects Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Ability Levitate.

It doesn't make sense, but it is a original effect of the game.

this i realized, im saying this is not the original game and should be changed. 

have you ever tried to throw sand at a bird? there is this thing called wind and gravity

Wind doesn't help your argument at all, it would only help disperse sand in the air, that would make it that much easier to lower the accuracy of anything.  Nobody says the sand is hitting them, it is creating visibility/accuracy problems.

have you ever tried to throw sand at a bird? there is this thing called wind and gravity

You can throw sand at a bird of course.

Unless they are flying...  :lol:

Fly move prevents the sand attack xD

I would not change Sand-Attack but Thunder Wave yes. If in the original game it doenst affect ground types, it shouldnt affect them here.

Toxic doesn't affect Poison and Steel types, Will-o-wisp doesn't affect Fire types and Leech Seed doesn't affect Grass types. If we change the Thunder Wave effect, we have to alter the metagame and the immunities.

Probably Sand-Attack affect Flying types because in gen 1 was Normal type, so maybe works like a Normal move. Or it is intentional. Anyway, Sand-Attack isn't really a competitive move and its effect can be canceled in a switch. Thunder Wave is, and shouldn't be changed because 'doesn't make sense'. It will affect the metagame and has to be discussed with valid arguments.

Toxic doesn't affect Poison and Steel types, Will-o-wisp doesn't affect Fire types and Leech Seed doesn't affect Grass types. If we change the Thunder Wave effect, we have to alter the metagame and the immunities.

Probably Sand-Attack affect Flying types because in gen 1 was Normal type, so maybe works like a Normal move. Or it is intentional. Anyway, Sand-Attack isn't really a competitive move and its effect can be canceled in a switch. Thunder Wave is, and shouldn't be changed because 'doesn't make sense'. It will affect the metagame and has to be discussed with valid arguments.

your argument assumes that the meta game is all that matters and just because it rarely occurs, does not mean it should be ignored. and "their have been discussions with valid arguments" isn't a valid argument

I don't know of a case where they changed move mechanics to something original because they don't like it. The only thing I've seen is them changing to a different generation's mechanics.  And I really don't think the sand attack one at least is that important.

your argument assumes that the meta game is all that matters and just because it rarely occurs, does not mean it should be ignored. and "their have been discussions with valid arguments" isn't a valid argument

Competitive players remain in the game. Casual players finish the storyline and become competitive players or get bored and eventually stop playing. So the metagame is important.

Of course I pointing you didn't make a argument isn't a argument itself. If you don't have any valid point why Sand Attack shouldn't hit Flying types and Levitate users, I don't have nothing to discuss, just point that you didn't explain why doesn't make sense. And I even tried explain the reason why Sand Attack hit these pokémons (was Normal type in gen 1) to make you understand that Sand Attack isn't a relevant move and maybe because of that its effects wasn't changed.

Competitive players remain in the game. Casual players finish the storyline and become competitive players or get bored and eventually stop playing. So the metagame is important.

Of course I pointing you didn't make a argument isn't a argument itself. If you don't have any valid point why Sand Attack shouldn't hit Flying types and Levitate users, I don't have nothing to discuss, just point that you didn't explain why doesn't make sense. And I even tried explain the reason why Sand Attack hit these pokémons (was Normal type in gen 1) to make you understand that Sand Attack isn't a relevant move and maybe because of that its effects wasn't changed.

i have stated several arguments above and did not see fit to make another against a non argument. (i don't have nothing to discus is a double negative btw) and just because it's not relevant to you does not mean it should be ignored. it is a ground type attack and does not have a logical reason for it to work on flying types. this is not the only move like this. 

i have stated several arguments above 

No, just one:

just because it's not relevant to you does not mean it should be ignored

Not just me:

I would not change Sand-Attack 

I really don't think the sand attack one at least is that important.

Let's wait for more opinions, but I think you are the only one caring about this and seeing some relevance.

If we gonna discuss the logic of the move, one person already said how Sand Attack probably works:

Wind doesn't help your argument at all, it would only help disperse sand in the air, that would make it that much easier to lower the accuracy of anything.  Nobody says the sand is hitting them, it is creating visibility/accuracy problems.

No, just one:

Not just me:

Let's wait for more opinions, but I think you are the only one caring about this and seeing some relevance.

If we gonna discuss the logic of the move, one person already said how Sand Attack probably works:

sand attack is not the only attack im saying should be changed and if you throw sand up, it will come down imediatly. the only way it can affect your visibility is by getting in your eyes. this is supported by how the accuracy effect works in pokemmo. it works on the pokemon who takes the hit and doesnt stay around for the next one.

sand attack is not the only attack im saying should be changed and if you throw sand up, it will come down imediatly. the only way it can affect your visibility is by getting in your eyes. this is supported by how the accuracy effect works in pokemmo. it works on the pokemon who takes the hit and doesnt stay around for the next one.

I know, that is why I was talking about Thunder Wave. 

About Sand Attack, I think it affects in the same way as Rock Slide. The pokémon throw sand instead rock and affect the pokémon in the air.

Personally, I would change Bonemerang to hit Levitate and Flying types and during the Bounce/Fly turn in the air, due the logic of the move, but Marowak would be more powerful and he already has the higher attack in the game, tied with Slaking, I guess.

Oh, and Rock Slide should affect the pokémons in the Bounce/Fly  turn in the air too.

About Will-O-Wisp, Leech Seed, Thunder Wave, Toxic, they should stay as they are, we don't have Substitute, so changing the immunities will eliminate the safe switches, making walls more powerful (sorry if I am talking shit here, I am not a expert in the actual metagame).

And TWave doesn't affect Ground types like you said in the OP. Edit: Ok, it is fixed.

I know, that is why I was talking about Thunder Wave. 

About Sand Attack, I think it affects in the same way as Rock Slide. The pokémon throw sand instead rock and affect the pokémon in the air.

Personally, I would change Bonemerang to hit Levitate and Flying types and during the Bounce/Fly turn in the air, due the logic of the move, but Marowak would be more powerful and he already has the higher attack in the game, tied with Slaking, I guess.

Oh, and Rock Slide should affect the pokémons in the Bounce/Fly  turn in the air too.

About Will-O-Wisp, Leech Seed, Thunder Wave, Toxic, they should stay as they are, we don't have Substitute, so changing the immunities will eliminate the safe switches, making walls more powerful (sorry if I am talking shit here, I am not a expert in the actual metagame).

And TWave doesn't affect Ground types like you said in the OP. Edit: Ok, it is fixed.

sand is too light to go more then a few feet before wind/gravity forces it down (unlike rocks) boomerang also makes sense and so does rockslide. the thing i don't get is your wall comment, it makes no sense please clarify (i might just be really tired)

sand is too light to go more then a few feet before wind/gravity forces it down (unlike rocks) boomerang also makes sense and so does rockslide. the thing i don't get is your wall comment, it makes no sense please clarify (i might just be really tired)

Yes, sand is too light, but I think this is ignored. The developers (of pokémon, not pokemmo) might think "oh, it is solid too, so should affect". And we can't measure how much high a pokémon it is, so maybe the sand can affect.

Ok, about the walls. If steel and poison types are not immune to Toxic, we become dependent of Aromatherapy and the extinct Heal Bell. Blissey can use Aromatherapy and has access to Natural Cure, making she more overused.

Weezing and Dusclops can use Will-o-Wisp. Venusaur can use Leech Seed. And a lot of pokémons can use TWave. So would be a massive use of Natural Cure pokémons, walls and parahax battles. Lum Berry would be obligatory.

I don't care about Sand Attack, but removing the immunity types would be a mess.

Yes, sand is too light, but I think this is ignored. The developers (of pokémon, not pokemmo) might think "oh, it is solid too, so should affect". And we can't measure how much high a pokémon it is, so maybe the sand can affect.

Ok, about the walls. If steel and poison types are not immune to Toxic, we become dependent of Aromatherapy and the extinct Heal Bell. Blissey can use Aromatherapy and has access to Natural Cure, making she more overused.

Weezing and Dusclops can use Will-o-Wisp. Venusaur can use Leech Seed. And a lot of pokémons can use TWave. So would be a massive use of Natural Cure pokémons, walls and parahax battles. Lum Berry would be obligatory.

I don't care about Sand Attack, but removing the immunity types would be a mess.

i not saying remove those things im saying non damaging typed moves should not affect pokemon that are immune to that type EX twave jolteon 

@_@ stop the press's! i change someones mind on the internet!!!!!!!

Just so we're clear, Jolteon is only unaffected by t-wave because of its ability, volt absorb -- not because of its typing. So I don't know if this is really relevant to the conversation at hand.