[Denied]make the amnesia brace work in the daycare

I really don't see this "advantage" you speak of. All it does is save you a little time. Getting an amnesia brace won't win you tourneys. There's nothing being added that you can't already do now without amnesia brace.

Let's take two players, Player A and Player B.

Player A donates and uses his points for the Amnesia Brace.

Player B decides not to donate.

Both players breed in groups of 5 eggs.

In order for player B to replicate this effect, she would have to take the Pokemon she does not want leveled beyond 50 out and deposit it in the PC. The goes about narrowing IVs, finding none suitable, she then goes back to the PC and withdraws her breeder and places it back in the daycare.

Player A can hatch the eggs and go about narrowing IVs without a care in the world because he doesn't have to keep taking the parent out in order to level up the new hatches. Player A can keep cranking out eggs and may even have another by the time one of his new hatches has been assessed.

The Amnesia Brace currently affects the daycare only if held by your active Pokemon outside of the daycare. What you are proposing is adding additional functionality to that item that it can't do currently. Even if the Amnesia Brace won't win you tournaments, giving it this additional functionality gives players an advantage breeding. An advantage that other players without the Amnesia Brace would not have, and that is being able to continually produce eggs and narrow IVs without fear of losing a lvl 50 comp in the daycare. The Amnesia Brace is fine as it is since it doesn't give much of an advantage outside the daycare, putting it in the daycare could make people feel obligated to donate when that shouldn't be the case.

People are overreacting way too much in this thread.

Xela, I have to disagree with most of your points. This suggest is feasible and doesn't require much. It's not even that much of a convenience because most people don't have two amnesia braces. The line will be drawn simply there. Lucky Eggs already affect the Daycare experience gain. Someone suggesting to add the ability for the Daycare 'mon to utilize the LE's are bad at math because 100xp * 1.5 LE * .6 DC = 100xp * .6 DC * 1.5 LE and the latter requires two Lucky Eggs. The Macho Brace isn't even a question, because EVs aren't even in the equation when we're talking about the Daycare. 

You also just mentioned the 1-2 egg increase advantage that a player who donated would have over someone who hasn't and has to do this manually. I'd like to point out donator status here, which saves a donator time when leveling a Pokemon by boosting experience gain. It's not a competitive advantage, but it does help you progress through the game faster. Both effects are similar so I don't see the issue. 

Honestly, I don't have the slightest problem personally with the Daycare giving experience. The rare times I've used a competitor for breeding didn't give me much trouble with doing it manually. Sure I lost an egg and having an Amnesia Brace would've been neat, but I would never opt that over an Everstone. What's the point of getting that 1-2 eggs if it's going to be a toss out anyway. 

The real trouble I have is using the baby Pokemon which have significantly better IVs than the parents (which is the entire point) and having to worry about them gaining 10 levels at a time and losing their valuable Egg Moves. Of course, the red font in my signature already expresses that opinion.

Xela, I have to disagree with most of your points. This suggest is feasible and doesn't require much. It's not even that much of a convenience because most people don't have two amnesia braces. The line will be drawn simply there. Lucky Eggs already affect the Daycare experience gain. Someone suggesting to add the ability for the Daycare 'mon to utilize the LE's are bad at math because 100xp * 1.5 LE * .6 DC = 100xp * .6 DC * 1.5 LE and the latter requires two Lucky Eggs. The Macho Brace isn't even a question, because EVs aren't even in the equation when we're talking about the Daycare. 

You also just mentioned the 1-2 egg increase advantage that a player who donated would have over someone who hasn't and has to do this manually. I'd like to point out donator status here, which saves a donator time when leveling a Pokemon by boosting experience gain. It's not a competitive advantage, but it does help you progress through the game faster. Both effects are similar so I don't see the issue. 

Honestly, I don't have the slightest problem personally with the Daycare giving experience. The rare times I've used a competitor for breeding didn't give me much trouble with doing it manually. Sure I lost an egg and having an Amnesia Brace would've been neat, but I would never opt that over an Everstone. What's the point of getting that 1-2 eggs if it's going to be a toss out anyway. 

The real trouble I have is using the baby Pokemon which have significantly better IVs than the parents (which is the entire point) and having to worry about them gaining 10 levels at a time and losing their valuable Egg Moves. Of course, the red font in my signature already expresses that opinion.

When you put it that way it seems more logical than just arguing from a point of giving players more incentive to donate. I change my vote from a no to a maybe. It depends on how it would be handled for those who have more than one Amnesia Brace, if that is even possible. Thank you for laying it out more soundly for me.

According to Kyu no they don't

Kyu is wrong. The Daycare receives 60% of total battle experience. I'm 70% sure. (Keep in mind, I'm not talking about the DC Pokemon holding the egg, but rather the Pokemon involved in the battle.)

Kyu is kawaii and never wrong.

When you put it that way it seems more logical than just arguing from a point of giving players more incentive to donate. I change my vote from a no to a maybe. It depends on how it would be handled for those who have more than one Amnesia Brace, if that is even possible. Thank you for laying it out more soundly for me.

Even if two Amnesia Braces were allowed/able to be used for breeding, I would think the Everstone is far too powerful to ignore even for an extra egg. That would seem like more eggs to hatch that you know are going to suck. Of course, there are stages of the overall breeding process that I don't bring an Everstone into, namely the first handful of generations. However, this topic is specifically because people are worried about over-leveling their competitors, which, if they are actually competitors, should have a usable nature - which would imply the use of an Everstone. If they want to ignore the stone and use an extra Amnesia Brace - haha more bikemmo for you fgt.

Even if two Amnesia Braces were allowed/able to be used for breeding, I would think the Everstone is far too powerful to ignore even for an extra egg. That would seem like more eggs to hatch that you know are going to suck. Of course, there are stages of the overall breeding process that I don't bring an Everstone into, namely the first handful of generations. However, this topic is specifically because people are worried about over-leveling their competitors, which, if they are actually competitors, should have a usable nature - which would imply the use of an Everstone. If they want to ignore the stone and use an extra Amnesia Brace - haha more bikemmo for you fgt.

In that case, I'm still a maybe on this simply because it could prove to be a temporary solution.

I think you're assuming that this problem is going to get fixed with the daycare overhaul, which might not be the case.

Just because I said that it could be a temporary solution, that doesn't mean that I'm assuming one way or the other. I'm simply pointing that out. Atuan laid out some very good points, especially the point about the Everstone being such a powerful tool for breeding that most won't ignore it for 1-2 extra eggs.

There's also the eventual implementation of Power accessories for the Male to hold. Also, if I ever get my way with anything in this Gods dammed game, the Male will be able to use the Everstone as well to balance the gender strengths. 

Darkshade (and possibly other staff members) seem to think that currently the Male and Female are balanced in the breeding equation. I postulate that the Male is often completely ignored when hunting because of Species inheritance and, on the contrary, the Female is often ignored when hunting because of Move Inheritance. The imbalance comes in with nature, because every male passed the first few generations will have the required Egg Moves, while the Females will often be tossed out for not having the right nature. Balancing this would improve the system, albeit making things a little simpler.

I have two amnesia braces :P But thats bc i thought they would work with daycare and i wanted to re-ev train a poke while my daycare poke had my amnesia brace on.  I completely support the effect being added to daycare. I paid $10 for both of those things, and while i do use them for ev training, i bought them for breeding. It wouldn't give any1 an advantage over anyone else, but will just make it easier for us donors to not lose egg moves and over train comp pokes. Takes away the chance of us forgetting. Thats worth $10 to me, but i didnt get it :( Oh well i dont mind supporting the game anyway.

There's also the eventual implementation of Power accessories for the Male to hold. Also, if I ever get my way with anything in this Gods dammed game, the Male will be able to use the Everstone as well to balance the gender strengths. 

Darkshade (and possibly other staff members) seem to think that currently the Male and Female are balanced in the breeding equation. I postulate that the Male is often completely ignored when hunting because of Species inheritance and, on the contrary, the Female is often ignored when hunting because of Move Inheritance. The imbalance comes in with nature, because every male passed the first few generations will have the required Egg Moves, while the Females will often be tossed out for not having the right nature. Balancing this would improve the system, albeit making things a little simpler.

I dont support this so much. I understand what you are saying but i think that it should stay as close to the original game as possible. I know that its not the original, its pokemmo, but i still like staying as close to the original game as possible. Also i kind of like the individual nitch each gender has to play in the breeding process. Sure one gender may be more important than the other but each has its own value depending on what you are looking for. Just my opinion :)

Niche*

And the Power Accessories are going to be added. This isn't Gen III online, as you can see from the breeding mechanics. For now, sticking to FRLG is the way to go, but we will eventually take that leap into Gen IV/V and it may come sooner than you think.

• 1 month later...