Team Tournament [October Edition]

i would like to see this as a 100s version (and in general more 100s tourneys than just one per month)

so would I, but even I'm ready to admit 100s are dead.  When we get more legendaries implemented, and if the cooldown is removed/reduced from the E4 then it might happen but... I don't see it happening here.

so would I, but even I'm ready to admit 100s are dead.  When we get more legendaries implemented, and if the cooldown is removed/reduced from the E4 then it might happen but... I don't see it happening here.

there are enough people with 100s

just look at the bracket and the reserve list of the last 2 sunday night heavyweights

i think if there would be one official 100s tourney more per month it would be more popular

there are enough people with 100s

just look at the bracket and the reserve list of the last 2 sunday night heavyweights

i think if there would be one official 100s tourney more per month it would be more popular

The last two 100s tournaments (both in the same month I might add) both had byes in them.  In a 32 man bracket. Where one had a master's invite and both had pretty good shiny prizes.  As much as I hate to say it (and if Senile sees this hes never gonna let me live this down) 100s are dead.  Hopefully that will change, but I don't see it happening soon.

Disclaimer - when the discussion to remove the master's invite from heavyweights was going on I was one of the (if not the) most outspoken dissenter and proponent of more 100s events. I still believe that if they continue to host lots of them (with good prizes) we will see a gradual increase in the number of 100s competitors. That being said it is unfair to the staff to force them to hold many unpopular, low turnout tournaments just to try and revive a dead/dying meta (although there is an argument to be had that the staff and developers played at least some role in the death of the meta).

TL;DR - 100s are unlikely to make a comeback until the players start participating more in them, which won't happen unless gameplay facilitates easier leveling or the staff makes a greater effort to host 100s events, which is not something they have to do.

I want to show my disagreement make the post just 4 days before the tournament.

^ This.

Such short notice, I had a team tourney organised for over a week before this event was posted which I am now having to cancel/move. This wouldn't have happened it this was posted a bit sooner.

I apologies for the short notice.

Official tournaments have a much more complex posting method than unofficial tournaments. I have actually been trying to get this ready for about a month but it was not available until just a few days ago. I will not be going into the process itself, but I will say that in the end my choices were either to not hold the tournament due to the short notice, or post it knowing there would be little time. Frankly, the latter seems like the better option.