[Denied]Gen 6 Base Stat Enhancement

Yo!

Several Pokémon had their stats slightly updated as of Pokémon X/Y.

f.e., Raichu has a base Speed of 110 in Gen 6 when it used to have base Speed of 100 in the previous games...

So, I am wondering if PokéMMO staff are concidering to abide by those changes in stats, making some useless and semi-useless Pokémon become more viable...?

Pros:

- A larger range of Pokémon choice for players, who play competitive or not.

Cons:

- More work for PokéMMO's staff. (Mainly, to edit the already caught Pokémon's stats.)

- There is not yet a full list of the affected Pokémon.

Yo!

Several Pokémon had their stats slightly updated as of Pokémon X/Y.

f.e., Raichu has a base Speed of 110 in Gen 6 when it used to have base Speed of 100 in the previous games...

So, I am wondering if PokéMMO staff are concidering to abide by those changes in stats, making some useless and semi-useless Pokémon become more viable...?

Pros:

- A slightly larger competitive Pokémon choice for players.

Cons:

- More work for PokéMMO's staff. (Mainly, to edit the already caught Pokémon's stats.)

- There is not yet a full list of the affected Pokémon.

orlly?

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

I think before we catch up to gen VI mechanics, we have to finish catching up to gen IV. A base stat modification to make certain pokemon not pure crap would be awesome, but I feel like if we're going to affect the meta-game with changes like this, it's important that we do it in order. The improved movepool, type split, and extra pokemon that have come since gen III might have made it necessary in X/Y, but we really can't know it's necessary in this until we get there, and we might end up with some very stupidly broken OP combos if we jump the gun.

- 1 for the time being, +1 for the future.

I think before we catch up to gen VI mechanics, we have to finish catching up to gen IV. A base stat modification to make certain pokemon not pure crap would be awesome, but I feel like if we're going to affect the meta-game with changes like this, it's important that we do it in order. The improved movepool, type split, and extra pokemon that have come since gen III might have made it necessary in X/Y, but we really can't know it's necessary in this until we get there, and we might end up with some very stupidly broken OP combos if we jump the gun.

I checked the list, saw nothing that would be broken or something. Or nothing that would make a certain Pokémon too strong. They are very small changes it's not like they boosted Alakazam's SpA with 10 or Rhydon's attack. Raichu gets a nice speed boost but is still inferior to Electabuzz so ya.

I checked the list, saw nothing that would be broken or something. Or nothing that would make a certain Pokémon too strong. They are very small changes it's not like they boosted Alakazam's SpA with 10 or Rhydon's attack. Raichu gets a nice speed boost but is still inferior to Electabuzz so ya.

In my opinion, these:

Nidoking: Attack increase from 92 to 102
Vileplume: Special attack increased from 100 to 110

Are big enough changes to warrant not agreeing with this. Nidoking's buff is pretty significant, and so is Vileplume's. They're already pretty solid UU pokemon, they don't need any buffs. As far as I'm concerned, this change really provides 0 benefit, and can potentially cause damage, in addition to wasting development time on something entirely unneeded.

TL;DR: No.

Then Hidden Power should work like it does in Gen III games.

In my opinion, these:

Are big enough changes to warrant not agreeing with this. Nidoking's buff is pretty significant, and so is Vileplume's. They're already pretty solid UU pokemon, they don't need any buffs. As far as I'm concerned, this change really provides 0 benefit, and can potentially cause damage, in addition to wasting development time on something entirely unneeded.

TL;DR: No.

Nidoking would definitely be user more if it's Atk gets that boost but not in a way that should hinder PokeMMO's meta, Nidoking is still pretty much slow and weak to 4 of one of the most offensive and used type of moves.
Vileplume won't really change things, it's offensive potential is crap, particularly in Gen3, it's better with Leech Seed and Sleep Powder.
It's not something entirely nor partially unneeded.

Then Hidden Power should work like it does in Gen III games.
Nidoking would definitely be user more if it's Atk gets that boost but not in a way that should hinder PokeMMO's meta, Nidoking is still pretty much slow and weak to 4 of one of the most offensive and used type of moves.
Vileplume won't really change things, it's offensive potential is crap, particularly in Gen3, it's better with Leech Seed and Sleep Powder.
It's not something entirely nor partially unneeded.

It is 100% unneeded, because this isn't gen 6.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make with Nidoking; Yes, it still has it's weaknesses, but it's still used relatively frequently in UU despite these weaknesses, why would you want to make it even stronger?

Vileplume has great attacking potential, especially with Chlorophyll and the fact getting a good hidden power is pretty easy now, making a Sunny Day/Solarbeam/HP Fire a realistic set; Just buffing it's already great base 100 sp.att, especially for UU, to 110 is definitely not something the game needs.

Even on non-attacking sets, Vileplume typically runs at least 1 attacking move (Cough, cough, killing Quagsire with Giga Drain), so I have no idea where you're getting "It won't change things" from.

• 1 year later...

As said above, they were changed to balance Gen VI. The Gen VI Pokemon/Abilities/Moves were all taken into account when modifying earlier gen Pokemon base stats. Since we have none of those in PokeMMO, it would make those pokemon a bit unbalanced. That being said, this most likely will not be implemented.