[Sprite] Drakonous' Alternate Pokemon

Drakonous

Hi I'm Drakonous. In the past I use to icon for a Stargate Fan game and since starting PokeMMO I was inspired to get back into it.

DrakonousSprite.png

The above Sprite is a recolor of a pre-existing Trainer Sprite that was closest to what I wanted to make but not in the right colors.

Now to get back to what I'm making this thread for: Alternate Pokemon.

I was inspired by the following image by =TrebleChibi: http://treblechibi.d...kemon-328533161

Now I've decided to go and make my own versions of these starters to see how they turned out. In my view these are of the same species but a different "breed" of the Pokemon they are based on.

Alternate Element Starters (Updated with Third Evolutions)

Domesaur

1-Domesaur.png

Species: Volcanic Sauropod

Domesaur can be found next to lava pools near active volcanoes basking it the extreme heat and swimming in the magma pools.

-----

Magmasaur

2-Magmasaur.png

Magmasaur are extremely territoriality and when threatened will release heated magma from the rock upon its back. Hard rock has formed upon its legs and stomach from the magma pools it inhabits.

-----

Volcanosaur

3-Volcanosaur.png

Volcanosaur are known to road around spreading the magma they produce which allows for rich soil to follow in their wake. It would be reckless to say the least to venture to close to one for the heat they radiate can cause severe burns.

-----

Aquamander

4-Aquamander.png

Species: Sea Lizard

Aquamander stands near deep water dreaming of whats down there and using the tip of its luminescent tail to attract food.

-----

Aquameleon

5-Aquameleon.png

Species: Horned Sea Lizard

Aquameleon are agile swimmers and can dive for long period of time before having to come up for breath, it uses its horn as a rudder to steer as well as ram any thing that gets in its way.

-----

Aquaizard

6-Aquaizard.png

Species: Deep Sea Dragon

Aquaizard have been known to venture through the deepest parts of the ocean and use their tail to lure unwary prey to its deep sea caves. Some have been known to swim fast towards the surface and use their wings to glide above the surface on ocean air currents.

-----

Nuttle

7-Nuttle.png

Species: Seed Turtle

Nuttle is thought to be a giant seed that continues to grow through out its life, its shell is as hard as a rock.

-----

Mostortle

8-Mostortle.png

Species: Sapling Turtle

Mostortle inhabit heavily wooded areas near streams and small lakes, however they are hard to spot as they use the moss on their shell to help them hide among dense foliage.

-----

Oaktoise

9-Oaktoise.png

Species: Tree Turtle

Oaktoise when standing still have been mistaken for large overgrown trees. They seldom leave their woods except to soak in water and sunlight from their surrounding environment. These Pokemon have been known to fire concentrated solar energy at hostile targets threats.

I know that they don't look too different from the Pokemon they are based on but when you think about it if they are an evolutionary branch off there wouldn't be much difference until they were to evolve further. As of right now I'm working on two of the starters other evolution. I will post them when done and add them to the original post.

Please comment and leave any suggestions for alternate Pokemon you'd like to see and I'll try my best to do it.

Update!

Second Evolutions now added =]

Haha, this is cool x) Fun idea~

I specially like the Volcanic bulbasaur :3

I know right! I've been having a lot of fun coming up with ideas for how to change the way they look so that they are similar enough but different from those they are based on =]

Wait til you see his evolution ;P

D'aaawww I love Aquamander. <3

I know, I don't usually like Water types but I think I'd have to make an exception ^-^! I hope you his evolution as much as I did making him =]

I apologize for the double post but having finished the third Evolutions of the starters I wanted to let you all know. It has been fun working on these Alternate Elemental Starters! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did making them. If you have any other elements (other then normal and flying) that you would like to see reversed let me know and I'll see what I can do depending on my college schedule =]

I said I was inspired by the picture to make the starters themselves and then progress to the ones in the picture.

I haven't gone by Geo in a long while where'd you hear that O_o

I know, just messing with you:P

It's alright, I'll keep that to myself;)

• Kizhaz locked this topic