[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal

I did most of Igglybuff's edits, and I think you know how I feel about my own art skill.  If it looks done to you, I won't argue with that.

Yeah on Shedinja.

How did I miss the eyebrow when I was working on Poliwag's goggles?

Don't know what more can be done with Poliwhirl.

I might try working on Slugma today.  I might also work on Starmie's back sprite.

How about Rache's Spearow?  It didn't get a new back sprite yet, though.

Same goes for Clefairy, I suppose.

Wartortle isn't done?

@DeathRebel

It looks like you're pretty good at higher quality sprites, but I think Septentrion's design is better.  Why not try working on polishing up that one?

@Septen

I really like our current Politoed (it's totally toadally the butt pose <_<), so I hope it doesn't need to be changed.

There really isn't too many black-haired moemon, huh.  Don't worry too much about the color palette, I can always fix it when the sprite is mostly done.

@kierby

My favorite design for Kingler I've seen so far.  Her proportions don't look right.  Also, not a fan of the big fist.  Maybe that can be turned into something that better represents the big claw.

Edit:

11jq2yp.png

Edit 2:

Any better ideas for the shiny palette?

16acn14.png

Edited by Kickern

@CW

The problem with the shiny is that it needs to sync up with the normal palette.  The same sets of pixels having matching colors.  If the gem is the same color as the mouth on the normal one, it also needs to be that way on the shiny one.  Or the normal palette needs to be reworked to sync with the shiny.  Or the sprite could be changed how it looks to fix that problem.  I do like how yours looks, though.

Edited by Kickern

@Hardcore

I see someone's been busy today.

I don't agree with your choice of shiny color on Swinub and Piloswine.

Not sure about the design on Slowpoke or Aipom.

Slugma is being worked on yet, but I do appreciate having the shiny palette ready.

I like the design of Krabby and edits on Kingler.

Furret has a 14 color palette at the moment, and it has room to improve yet.  Your Furret set was 1 pixel smaller than it should've been, so I fixed it and re-uploaded it.

2wgubup.png

2e5oc93.png

970dvc.png

@CW

equxib.png

@Deciton

Hi.  For now, just pick whatever you want from that list, I guess.  Moetal would be able to tell you better than me. :lol:

Edited by Kickern

2uivthc.png25uqfyo.png

Both Kingler have their charm. I actually prefer Kierby's more (abeit low quality and misaligned head). The "bigger" hand can be removed if you want, since her scarf is already her claws.

Starmie looked better with the open mouth.

970dvc.png23kurer.png

Furret's front frontbang and face is a bit messy, and should have a tail and match Lache's Sentret a bit more.

@Kickern

Wartortle's frontsprite hair is a mess. Backsprite is okay.

Edited by Moetal

Tried to add a tail (and eyebrows):

2u7o9qd.png

Spent too much time on it and still not totally happy with how it looks.

Besides the bangs, I think the eyes and face might need a little more work.

@Moetal

For Starmie, I guess you want the first shiny one I posted, then?  That's the only one properly synced to the normal open-mouthed version.

Edit:

Just found a stray discolored pixel on that Furret.  Removing that, the palette will be at only 13 colors.

Edited by Kickern

@moetal
Do the polis look any better? I'd like to get the whole family out if possible.

@hardcore
Wow nice backsprites. Maybe you could give making a blastoise backsprite a shot? Ive been trying and the angle with the pose and cannon are making it difficult x.x
Blastoise:
blast10.png

@kickern
Yeah i think the original mouth looks better too, I would go with your original palette :)

@kierby
I really like your kingler as well, after the patch goes out I definitely wanna try helping :)

Magneton attempt:
Minor edits, also changed the eye to give it more color.
Magneton1.pngMagnetonback.png
These are magnetons actual shiny colors, but...
Magneton1shiny.pngMagnetonbackshiny.png
That damn blush x.x

Slugma:
4slugma.png

Edited by CrookedWings427

@CW

I think we can keep the red and blue.  Maybe?

Which one is better?

jk7e6e.png

25aoyua.png

I love that Slugma!

2ziy4k9.png

Edit:

Just in case anyone wants this version.

2564thl.png

Edit 2:

Had to change the flame a little bit to keep it from turning grey with the shiny palette.

2yzldoj.png

Made some adjustments to the shiny palette.  Better or worse?

2epo953.png

Edited by Kickern

Lack of skill showing:

33xizis.png

Contains toothy and nontoothy bandana for the Emerald palate and the Emerald palate modified by some of the colors in the palate for the Moemon version included in the zip on the first post. Generally I prefer a non Fuchiki Onna for Mawile Ginjika, like this, but I can always try something else if it's actually going to be required.

For the Magnaton Shiny, have you thought about swapping the red and blue? I've known a andriod or two in my time that blushed blue, so it might not look out of place.

I wouldn't say the blue blush looks bad, but it looks quite odd. It looks like some sort of war paint, kinda, but I do think a lot of people might see it as tears. It was worth a shot, but the keeping the red and blue normal is still much better to me. Which is a shame, since we have some liberties with shinies.

I was hesitant with the teeth because I didn't feel like I gave them enough variation to look good. Part of the smallness is her head ended up smaller then the sprites I was basing the size on, turns out that's tough to eye.  Pose is changible, that sprite is more to gauge if that look is acceptable, because I'll want to turn her around some anyways if I can, which will be a resprite anyways. Just trying to get into the grove of this style right; it's not one I've worked with before.

@Deciton

For Mawile's pose, I was thinking something similar to one of these:

[spoiler]

tumblr_njo9ihxfBc1s96owuo1_r6_1280.jpg

mega_mawile_fanart_by_vincenttmw-d6tui4s

(Obviously don't use the Mega design.)

[/spoiler]

Mawile is kind of a shorty, but her sprite should be about as tall as the frame, and the maw/toothy bandana part would take up some space above her head.

@Hardcore

Not bad.

Edited by Kickern