[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Hardcore

That looks really good actually. The hair looks like it could be re-outlined a bit with a darker shade, the ponytail could use some cleaning up, and the outlines for the gloves could be softened a bit, but outside of that I think it's great. I personally think the hair should be more brown/tan like the original, but I'm always open to blondes.

Unfortunately, all Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan are male, so I'm not so sure about giving them chest.

@Crooked

I personally am actually fond of these two:

blast2_1.pngblast5.png

Can you do something about her cannon, her arm and her coat?

@Chuggie

Much better pose, but I feel "she" is still a bit small. I feel both Licky and Slugma could be pushed further before I step in.

@Rex

Good improvement. You should put some distance between the eyes, and be more creative with the hair and hat. Try to give her a bigger head/face. Food for thoughts:

2mxlldz.jpg

Edited by Moetal

@kierby

She's VERY VERY thin. Do I make myself clear this time? I don't know if it's your screen or whatever is making you see differently, but you need to double the width you have now for the entire sprite. Compare another sprite's head with your. Do you see your head is half the width of all the other sprites' head? Do you see your body is half the width of all other sprite's body?

@Crooked

Let's go with this one then. The yellow bikini is good. We just need to squeeze in another color for the proper outline (I've done it in blue previously due to lack of color and as an afterthought). Might just need to hijack a color from the turtle shell.

blast5.png

@Chuggie

More details, more clean up, etc.

Edited by Moetal

@moetal
Sounds good! The turtle shell brown color should definitely work. Ill work on her after work :)

Edit:
Just realized poliwag doesnt have a backsprite yet. Ill get that going today too. I have off the next 3 nights. So tons of edits coming this way ;D
blast5_1.png

Edit 2:
Ok so i know the second one is lacking a little depth in the coat, but by taking out the darkest blue i freed up a color and it isnt too noticable. I think with an extra shade of brown i can make the turtle shell colored coat really stand out as a turtle shell. Opinions?
blast5_2.pngblast6.png
I made small edits on the hand and arm but im not sure i made it better. Small edits on the coat and left cannon as well. Not sure what to do with the cannon other than fixing a pixel here and there so any suggestions are much appreciated.

Edit 3:
Any good?
blast8_3.png

Edit 4:
The white trim is more like blastoise so I thought I'd give it a shot. I kinda like it.
blastcoat.png

Edit 5:
Trying to make the colors a little more "blastoisey." Also the palette was at 17 so i made the midtone for the skin rosier and took out the blush color.
blast9_1.png

Edited by CrookedWings427

@chuggied
2slugma.png

Tweaked the colors to look more like slugma
3slugma.png

@kierby
Try filling this in.
pinsirprop.png
The legs will have to bend since theyre obviously being cut off.
These are about the proportions of a final form.
Keep the canvas at 64x64; youre editing your sprites at some odd dimensions. When you want to show us your sprite resize it to 128x128 but only work on it when its 64x64.
Also make sure you have no more than 16 colors which includes your background color.

@hardcore

Looks good, maybe you can make her more fierce (if you want)

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/47/309Electrike.png/250px-309Electrike.png

Electrike is pretty scrappy, right? It depends on if we are changing Manectric as well

@Crookedwings

Yeah, that looks great O_O I dunno how similar we have to make it to Magcargo

Edited by Chuggiedynasty

@Crooked

Slugma looks much better, although her legs still look a bit skinny and wonky (I think her left/our right foot looks small compare to her other foot, both leg looks a bit thin compare to the body). I think her face is a bit on the chubby side, but I guess some people would see that as moe.

Your Edit 5 looks kinda bad. Start again at Edit 4. Now that I look at it from a distance, her other cannon is too huge compare to her bazooka-cannon-thingamajig. You can get rid of it or mod it as you see fit. The other arm too, if you want.

blastcoat.png

@Hardcore

I want to use this as Electrike.

2gwf80o.png

If you insist on not listening to me when I ask to work on existing sprites and make new ones, go try your hands on new Manetric instead. 

@Rex

Your first one is looking much better. It's still low quality, but at least it is starting to look cute. The eyes are creepy/demonic looking. Why are her eye-whites yellow?

avpvcz.png

Edited by Moetal

@moetal
Ill see what i can do about the cannon. Ill probably be working on the poliwag backsprite tonight. Does blastoise have a backsprite yet?

@chuggied
To be honest I'm not even sure what magcargo's current sprite looks like. Chances are she'll be getting redone also so just make them relatable when that time comes.
Work on making the slugma backsprite look more like my version of the front sprite and then ill clean that up too.

Edit:
If this is the current magcargo i can make it look more like slugma (or vice versa) no problem.
NySkRX7.png

Edit 2: also feel free to change up what i did :)
Food for thought (i definitely think the slugma eyes should be clips)
[Spoiler]Slugma.gif[/spoiler]

@kierby
Yeah ill help you as much as i can.

@kickern
That looks much better, i had a hard time with the legs.