[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

New and improved Swellow with added tail, 16-bit color rework, backsprite, and shiny palette.

I hope you all like her! :wub:

#277 Swellow

240xl5w.jpg

rwnl15.jpg

#261 Poochyena (WIP)

Did some improvements on Poochyena. Thoughts? Which version do you all like best?

mw46ew.jpg

#261 Poochyena (WIP)

V.4 With Shiny and Backsprite... (Needs some work to match the ears.)

etegqe.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@Doom

Pooch version 4 looks good, but I think we can narrow the face/head by one pixel to make it look less wide. Backsprite's hair needs to be updated also.

Swellow's eyes are not looking at the enemy, but rather at the floor. Have the tail go downward instead of upward. Change the bottom outline (not the actual stripe pattern) of her chest to black or something. Design wise, it's not very creative.

@Slash

Thanks, Slash. I think the wings really look much better now.  Kickern's idea to add the white part was great.

@MarinoKadame

If you want to try a feathered cape then by my guest.  I'm always happy to share my work with others to tweak.  After all, we're all working on this together! Go team!

Good News!

I just completed my first successful trial of a Pokemon Emerald IPS patch complete with working animations.  It's still a work in progress, as there are many more Moemon that need completion.  I'll consider editing the animation sprites with some custom movements, but that would be lots and lots and lots more work!  Either way, the test was successful!  Here's a screenshot of it working.  I took the screenshot on my smartphone using GAB4iOS.  I still want to edit the title screen, but I'm new to all this.  I'll try to use Kickern's tutorial to get the title screen working right!  I'll let you all know about the progress as it goes.  

34ypmx0.jpg

@Slash

Thanks, Slash. I think the wings really look much better now.  Kickern's idea to add the white part was great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree :) The gave much more POkemon features that good moemon, in my opinion, should have :)

Good News!

I just completed my first successful trial of a Pokemon Emerald IPS patch complete with working animations.  It's still a work in progress, as there are many more Moemon that need completion.  I'll consider editing the animation sprites with some custom movements, but that would be lots and lots and lots more work!  Either way, the test was successful!  Here's a screenshot of it working.  I took the screenshot on my smartphone using GAB4iOS.  I still want to edit the title screen, but I'm new to all this.  I'll try to use Kickern's tutorial to get the title screen working right!  I'll let you all know about the progress as it goes.  

34ypmx0.jpg

Animated Moemons :D !? Sweet. I don't really have problem with non-animating sprites but I heard editing animations is really hard so if that's true I'd like to congratulate your success :)

my little pinsir :c

293vtz4.png

OMGosh! That's the most adorable Pinsir I've ever seen! I totally want to work on it >w<

Good job ;D

@CW

That's really looking good! Very sassy!

@LGH

Nice looking Pinsir! Super cute!  But I think you should close the shirt and remove the breast line... She looks too young to have a line like that. 

@Slash

Figuring out how to work on the animated sprites was the hardest part.  Editing the actual sprites won't be that hard as it is only one frame of animation for Emerald.  I used four programs for the procedure: 1) Advanced Sprite Editor, 2) MSPaint, 3) Gimp, and 4) Nameless Sprite Editor 2.0.  The biggest part will be to edit all the Moemon and finish their back and front sprites. ^_^  

Some changes were made:

15dc3o.png

Better or worse?

The gray color palette is more like the original Pokemon, or we can keep with the blueish gray colors.  Also, I flipped her around so she's pointing towards the enemy.

@Doom

On Swellow's back sprite, the front wing looks outta place.  See Charizard, Butterfree, or Beedrill moemon (or any other winged ones in a similar pose and angle) for where to position that wing.

#378 Regice

I've decided to make the legendary golems of Hoenn a bit more... well... legendary!

My new Regice sprite is complete with two optional backsprites and three optional color palettes.

Let me know which you all prefer (Green, Blue, or Purple). ^_^

Frontspirte v.1            Backsprite v.1           Backsprite v.2

2j108cx.jpg

@Doom

I don't think a colorswapped KOS-MOS is a Moemon. The body itself is nice, but you're going to have to spend more time on this. The head/face itself is small for Moemon standards. On side note, please note Touhoumon have terrible faces and body, and heavy touch up is needed if you insist on taking parts from those sets to mod.

Edited by Moetal

Edited Relicanth:

0yIRivq.png

lD0CdkI.pngNviSECp.png

The pattern on the sleeves/tail thing is making this very difficult to parse visually at first glance (which is kinda what camouflage is supposed to do, funnily enough). Maybe try to add a bit more definition between the arm/sleeve and the hip/tail to allow the viewer to more easily tell where the boundaries are. Also the angle on the masks doesn't quite match and the edges on it are a little too sharp, which creates that sort of "different layer copy/paste" effect that makes it look like the mask isn't really part of the moemon.

That said I definitely like the concept.