[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Kickern

Staryu/Starmie should have same eye color. See if you can sync their hair color and skin color a bit also. See below minor edits on the faces and some color tones I like to see; I've completely wrecked the palette though.

2cr84er.png

I believe we simply have too much food on our table and literally nothing is getting done. Let us work in numerical order, shall we? If I skip something intentionally, I WILL come back to it, keep calm.

1. Spearow - Fearow

2celsg5.png Spearow is missing backsprite and does not sync well with Fearow.

24g930z.png Fearow could be polished a bit more in both design and quality. Show me you level-upped, Lache.

2. Paras - Parasect

166c6ft.jpginu13a.jpg - Backsprite has not been fixed per my previous comment. Eyes are looking downward in front sprite (which I am ok with, as if she is too busy picking mushroom than to fight your opponent, but front and back need to sync)

o9mou8.png Design wise it's cute, but does not have any orange per original Pokemon and it's quite tiny when compare to Paras. I feel this could be science'd or remade using another as a base, sync more closely to Hardcore's Paras (Keep the hat, use similar outfit and hair as Hardcore's)

3. Meowth - Persian

11k8613.png30sx88w.png Both missing backsprite. Color can sync a bit more. Design wise, Persian looks a bit plain and skimpy dressed compare to Meowth.

Moetal has spoken. Get to work!

Edited by Moetal

@CW

Eyes colors and skin should sync, and I feel like Meowth's hair is less defined when compared to Persian's parted hair. The two's hairstyle should be closer if possible. In my opinion, Persian is a "high class" Pokemon, so I feel it might be more fitting to dress her in something richer/fancier looking (like a gown/dress). Alternatively, you can ignore me and just give her sleeves/socks/stockings to match Meowth. 

On side note, I believe I just learned your real name.

@moetal
i could lose the tie and connect the skirt with the top making a dress, would you want it longer? ill probably do two versions.

lol i dont doubt that xD i dont hide it much so im probably easily found on the internet >.>
you can say it :3

Meowth3_2.pngpersian4.png

Ill fix up meowth and do your version of persian as well.

Edited by CrookedWings427

Is my Misdreavus that forgettable?

@Septentrion

I think you are spending too much time on these sprites. Not to be rude or anything, but I don't think these are really worth the effort. The designs aren't really that interesting and the quality is too poor for usage. I feel your time could be better spent working on a different 'mon.

@hardcore
I think parasect is actually very close to being finished
her arms and hands need more definition to look as such.
fix the folds in her dress by her stomach, theyre giving me a fat vibe, perhaps make the a shade of orange rather than black.
also she definitely needs to be synced to match paras more, i think the orange will make her even cuter.

Elektrikes pose is still a little wonky to me
the face needs more definition, i dont really know what im looking at all the time
if the pose is just personal opinion then thats all i see wrong with the front sprite.
the back sprites arm and hand could be fixed up.
I'm not really getting electrikes personality from it, so dont be closed minded to making it something else (like a vuplix, or somethin).

Feel free to ignore all personal opinion though.

@Swirly

Your Misdreavus is very good, moetal will get to it.
Why dont you work on Mismagius while you wait?

Alternately your misdreavus looks close to my shuppet so perhaps something could be worked out there.
shuppetnew_1.png
its an obvious work in progress however
i want to make it look like shes running so i can get as much flowing dress and hair as possible to mimic shuppet being a teru teru bozu.

Edit
Meowth3_4.pngpersian4_1.png

Edited by CrookedWings427

There's something that's been bothering me about that Parasect.  Maybe it's just me, but whenever I look at her face, my brain automatically thinks her winking eye is a mouth and her whole head is tilted.  The position of her hat and the direction her hair appears to go is probably why.  I wonder if it would look better if less of her face was covered up by her right arm?  Also, Parasect's left arm seems kinda wonky to me, or at the very least, her left hand needs to show more detail for fingers since they would be bending inward.

@CW

First of all, I think you can move onto the back sprites for Meowth and Persian.  Those front sprites look done.  (Probably... Maybe?)

Second of all, Mismagius?  Let's stick with what's in our Fire Red.

Edit:

I just noticed Electrike's right hand matches Meowth's left hand.  Not really anything wrong with that, but I thought it was kinda funny.

Edited by Kickern

qZ26yKn.png

I did my best to try and make her look a bit better. I feel the orange could be a bit darker though, I didn't change it however because that may be a personal thing.

EDIT

hDVBhru.pngPOZ4cEX.png

Scyther. Free hand wings are not my forte.

Edited by Swirly

@CW/Hardcore

Hardcore improved Meowth's back sprite pretty well, like the size of the head is good, but there are a few things still not right with the sprite, in my opinion.  The arms look too skinny, and I think the left arm should be a little bit longer and maybe a little bit farther away from her body, too.  Also, the cat ears should be pointy, not rounded.  The coin on the forehead needs to be bigger, too.  And the part around the neck with the bow doesn't quite match the front sprite.

@Hardcore/Swirly

As for the Parasect sprite, I think Swirly was on the right track with the hair, but it would still need more detail and shading to properly make it look more like hair.  I'm kinda torn between the 2 different mouths, though.  Swirly's with the gentle smile looks better, imo, but the toungue sticking out has more personality to it.