[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

13 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

The  "Moemon Activation Guide" link is broken and I can't patch the IPS without break the rom, someone can help me?

@Maelstrom

Just tried a fresh patch, worked fine with no issues. Make you're rom really is clean, and that whatever patching tool you're using works. Otherwise, I don't see any other problems.

Edited by Chuggiedynasty
forgot name
1 hour ago, Chuggiedynasty said:

@Maelstrom

Just tried a fresh patch, worked fine with no issues. Make you're rom really is clean, and that whatever patching tool you're using works. Otherwise, I don't see any other problems.

Eh, I used the Lunar IPS to patch the rom and yes, I did it with a clean rom. I repeated the process with different roms downloaded from

different sites to be sure, but it still ended broken...

But it's okay, for now I solved the problem downloading an already patched rom with the current IPS version from another site. Thx o/ 

@ZiggyZag

The spike furthest to our right on seadra's head looks too tall. The mouth looks a little strange to me. Edits look good though :)

Poliwhirl!

poly3_9.png (256×128)

polishine_1.png (256×64)

@Moetal

Her face really bothered me not sure if its better

wrath_3.png (128×128)

wrath_3.png (128×128)orwrath_3_1.png (128×128)

Fixed palette to match poliwhirl

Same issues

poly2 2.png (128×128)poly2 1.png (128×128)

I forgot D: @Arisas poliwag is really cute too

QKs62ir.png (128×128)

Edited by CrookedWings427

@CrookedWings427

On Poliwhirl's back sprite, her twintail hair kinda looks like an elephant's trunk.  It doesn't flow naturally, like, with gravity.  Also, both of her arms need to bend a little bit more on the back sprite.

I prefer the shinier hair on Poliwrath, but the new edits to the face are good.  The hair seems rather dull, like it's the same material as the swimsuit she's wearing.

Edited by Kickern

Luvdisc backsprite draft:

http://a63.tinypic.com/2pu0aj7.jpg

im really really sorry it's in jpg, I couldn't find any way to convert it to png on my iPhone :(

@laGashetaHardcore my excuse is that my laptop is broken so I have to sprite on my phone (where I won't be able to work on unfinished sprites) :^)

also looking at it now, luvdisc's palette is pretty dull. I'll see what I can do about it

@CrookedWings427 I vote for bottom poliwhirl and the first poliwrath :)

the bottom part of the pigtail on poliwhirl's backsprite looks a little stiff and her forearm looks a little short. Also I think the arm that's closer to us is angled differently than it is in the front sprite. The fist should be farther forward than the top of the arm.

That being said I love the new pose and poliwhirl's new face :D

Edited by toottoot

@ZiggyZag

Its a good idea ^-^ it just needs to be worked on a bit :) ill help! 

Minor edits all over, applied toots suggestions,  fixed palette to be 16 colors, changed the back sprites twin tail. 

poliwhirlccomp_1.png (256×128)

Edit:

Back sprite looks too dark compared to the front so ill balance them out better, then hopefully minor edits to the other poli back sprites and get back to the horsea line. 

Edit2:

poliwhirlcomp.png (256×128)

Edited by CrookedWings427

Just wondering, are there any other sprites for legendary Pokemon that are in the works besides just the bird trio? I remember seeing a possible new one for Rayquaza in the past, for example, but I assume that one was discarded. I just lose track of what Pokemon are being worked on for the next patch.