[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Magi

Neither the face nor the pose are fierce enough. Vap's skirt could be shaded imo, it looks really flat with just that one tone and outline. Now that I think about it, Umbreon's legs might be short compare to Flareon and how you are going to do Jolteon's.

I know you think I'm gross, but have some empathy Moetal, I didn't think your jolteon was all that bad. Even though Umbreon and Glaceon are the only Eeveelutions I use.

When I was a kid I was under the impression that pokemon red/blue was garbage cause there was no color. I didn't get into pokemon until Gold, so Gen 2 has always had a stronger impression on me, thus my obsession with gen 2 GBA romhacks.

@Magi

JolteonEditFrontv2.png200w8bp.png2wmfd47.png

My second attempt Jolteon back then was close to acceptable in my opinion. To sync with your Flareon in terms of size, all she needed was a quick enlargement of the head/face and shortening of the body to free up some room. Gives her a more aggressive arm pose and she's ready to go. You can palette change also if you want. Please edit either the first or second one into something close in line to the third one or as you see fit.

@Moetal

Please make an attempt to finish a sprite first.  For example, darker outlines to match with the style of the other sprites and generally cleaning up so it looks more like a sprite and less of a shrunken down image.

BTW I will be posting less often due to the end of my break, and going back to work.

@Magi

The third one I admit is a bit rough since I was just quickly editing it to show you how I feel it should look like. The previous attempts I've selectively used darker tone for outline and not fully used black on purpose, but I know I'm probably using the darker tone instead of black in wrong places.

@King00x

Yes, but don't ask here.

2d2auy8.gif

Because I am such a nice guy, I've prepared the sprites for you, fully indexed and color synced etc. Google how to change it yourself.

14kebz5.jpgesksus.jpgs5gvgn.jpg2zpo2f5.jpg2jg2ydx.jpg

Strange i got a clean rom of fire red, downloaded the patch and applied it but it says the file is corrupted and cant be used :T imma try redownloading

EDIT: fixed it, ended up finding out that it was something on my end, the file was fine.

Actually is there a way to update to the new version without having to use a clean rom? Having to grind my team up every update can get fuzzy, is it okay to use a used rom?

You can, but it will cause graphical errors. If you're just playing Fire Red and not PokeMMO, you can export your save file and re-load it on the updated rom

You can, but it will cause graphical errors. If you're just playing Fire Red and not PokeMMO, you can export your save file and re-load it on the updated rom

Export save file? Or save state? Im not sure about the first one cuz idk ^^; i can just google that though. thanks

No problem ^_^

Wait a sec i just realized this makes a duplicate of your rom file with your save in it o3o wouldnt that do nothing XD since i dont use pokemmo shouldnt updating the game with the new ips not screw up the game? Or would it still have some messes?

Wait a sec i just realized this makes a duplicate of your rom file with your save in it o3o wouldnt that do nothing XD since i dont use pokemmo shouldnt updating the game with the new ips not screw up the game? Or would it still have some messes?

It should export a .SAV file

U know i should probably do this when i wake up, its 4:13 am here and i should be sleeping ill give you an update once im done anyways thanks very much for the help and info :)

Haha, no problem, if it still doesn't make a .SAV, PM me so we don't flood the thread any more lel