[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Male-only moemon is hardly an issue for me, since I hack the gender ratios to be 100% male, or near 100% in the case of weedle in fr/lg, and near 100% for the entire ralts line in R/S/E. I know this breaks a few mechanics like attract and eggs, and that isn't applicable to the pokemon MMO, but at least I know i'm safe from traps. What I mean to say is, I don't think we need to go so far as to make male moemon just because the pokemon its based on is male only. I think McMagister's clothing decision what with the hotpants contrasting against illumise's skirt design conveys the difference between the two well enough. TL;DR Tomboys and not shotas, please.

I can help it if I'm replying to something that happened two pages ago... this thread advanced two pages in a single day's span.

As for shiny palettes, I don't see any problem deviating from the norm if it looks good, especially considering how some shiny palettes weren't thought out very well by gamefreak. I'm looking at you, shiny pikachu. Green dragonite was a common complaint along with banana arbok and eye-injury starmie even in the standard pokemon shiny-scene.

@Rache

That Sneasel actually looks really nice. The face is moe, and the body is well done. The only thing I don't about it is the hair, because you always do the same 'ball shape' bobcut hairstyle. I know you want to try to reflect the original as much as possible, but I'd still say you should make it stand out a little more. Maybe mirror the image and put the red feathers on the head instead of on the back also. Make her chest charm a long oval instead of a circle also, so it's closer to original. In addition, I feel like her right chest is small compare to her left (probably because of your shading), try to balance them out a bit if you can.

[spoiler]Sneasel_Gijinka_by_Nychii.png[/spoiler]

2 quick questions:

How can I make all of the gender ratios 100% female or at least just change the male/genderless (assuming genderless has one but it's just invisible) icons to female?

If I like a sprite that I find online more than the one in the game would it be easy to replace it?

2 quick questions:

How can I make all of the gender ratios 100% female or at least just change the male/genderless (assuming genderless has one but it's just invisible) icons to female?

If I like a sprite that I find online more than the one in the game would it be easy to replace it?

for your first question yape can change them and for the second i usually use nse 2.1 to change them it's relatively easy to use both yape and nse 2.1

cf1c4lZ.png

Flipped and fixed some of the issues. Since I was going for a ninja theme, it's best if the hair stays as-is to be honest. It also suits Sneasel more given its naturally round head. (Was initially going to do something different since I noticed that I tend to do a lot of similar ones, but it actually suited this Pokemon.) As for the forehead gem, it was supposed to be represented by the head ornament. I've made it more clear by adding a second one though.

I feel as if your sneasal sprite has a good overall stance for the torso and head, but the position of the extremeties feel like an afterthought and the whole form doesn't cohere with itself.

I'm quite pleased by the progress with volbeat. Really, I'm not here to make demands or make any drastic changes, I just feel like the volbeat situation demanded special attention. I'm confident in Moetal's judgement in general so I'm happy taking a backseat to things here.

1. jzadfk.png

2. dragoniteAlt1_zpsd9cae57e.png

3. 205y4w4.jpg

4. shiny_dragonair_by_jasongamer64-d7evcxb.

5. 2rwrbx0.png

6. dragoniteAlt_zpsa1972945.png

7. 1z5qd1z.png

You can only vote for one. Deadline is in 24 hours from this post's posting time.

I personally vote for 5.

Edit:

@anjel

Can you color Tentacruel's eyes according to the gem color instead of hair color?